“IN NEED OF UPGRADE” 2 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Cincinnati North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12150 Springfield Pike, Springdale, OH 45246   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Springdale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Brownsburg, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My 1st time visiting this hotel wasn't a delightful one, however I'm proud to report that after staying this weekend, there was a major improvement. I reserved the 2 bedroom suite, which was spacious for my family and allowed my kids to enjoy a room to themselves. the staff was courteous & attentive and the room was immaculate. We will be staying here again for our vacation. the hotel is located near Tri County Mall which allowed us to visit our favorite stores.

Room Tip: for staying longer than a week, the 2 bedroom apartment would be okay. for a weekend stay w/kids, th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This hotel has been here a while and does a good business. The Staff is high quality who care about their guests. Breakfast is always great with a good variety from fresh fruit and juice to fresh made waffles, a good variety of breads, cereal, and even hard boiled eggs and yogurt for those who desire protien in their diet. The coffee was fresh and robust, a great pick-me-up in the morning.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I've stayed at the LQ in Mason, OH many times, and expected the same quality at this hotel, however I did not. there was animal fur all in the room and drawers (which triggered my allergies into over drive). there were panties hanging on the bathroom door, red sticky substances on the kitchen floor. the pull out sofa had popcorn in it and dirty sheets and had not been touched. the blanket and pillows were still folder up in the bed. needless to say I had to cut my trip short and return home early with my family..very dissatisfied, disappointed and wasted my money on what I thought would be a good trip.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

A very wonderful place to stay. The staff is very nice and attentive to the needs of the guests. I also loved the convenience of the breakfast for my family. I enjoyed having my dogs come along with us.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Winthrop Harbor, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Thought I was upgrading coming from a 2* hotel to this one. But I made a mistake. I should have known better when the entire lobby smelled like cigarette smoke. But, I was meeting my wife and daughter there who were coming from a different direction, so this was convenient. Turns out the room was no smoking, but could not sleep due to the cigarette smell in the room as well as the bathroom. I did bring an airfreshener, but once the initial smell wore off, the cigarette smell came back. The room was clean and a nice flat screen tv with cable. The sink was oddly placed just inside the door--never have seen that before. The mattress had a valley in it and I kept rolling downhill into my wife.

One positive, I did have the room booked for 4 nights and cancelled for the remaining 3 nights, bringing the cigarette smell to the attention of the desk staff. They were kind enough to comp the night--nice gesture. They do serve breakfast, but did not stay for it. I did have a suspicion about the origin of the cigarette smell which was confirmed when I went outside and 4 or 5 of the housekeeping staff were just outside the door smoking away--much of the smoke wafting into the lobby everytime someone opened the door.

Room Tip: Make sure you check out the room first before putting all your stuff down. If you don't like ci...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
liberty112
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed in 2 rooms for 2 nights in August 2012 at this La Quinta Cincinnati North location. The outside of the hotel is rather "blah" looking and looks more like an 80's cement office building rather than a hotel. The room I had was clean and no frills. There was a faint odor of stale ciggarette smoke in the lobby and also the curtains in my room had that same smell. Breakfast was your typical hotel breakfast. They had muffins, yogurt, a waffle machine, and plain coffee with no fancy creamers or flavors. I would feel ok bringing my children here. It seemed safe and clean.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn Cincinnati North? Share your experiences!