“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Springdale
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

A very wonderful place to stay. The staff is very nice and attentive to the needs of the guests. I also loved the convenience of the breakfast for my family. I enjoyed having my dogs come along with us.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Winthrop Harbor, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Thought I was upgrading coming from a 2* hotel to this one. But I made a mistake. I should have known better when the entire lobby smelled like cigarette smoke. But, I was meeting my wife and daughter there who were coming from a different direction, so this was convenient. Turns out the room was no smoking, but could not sleep due to the cigarette smell in the room as well as the bathroom. I did bring an airfreshener, but once the initial smell wore off, the cigarette smell came back. The room was clean and a nice flat screen tv with cable. The sink was oddly placed just inside the door--never have seen that before. The mattress had a valley in it and I kept rolling downhill into my wife.

One positive, I did have the room booked for 4 nights and cancelled for the remaining 3 nights, bringing the cigarette smell to the attention of the desk staff. They were kind enough to comp the night--nice gesture. They do serve breakfast, but did not stay for it. I did have a suspicion about the origin of the cigarette smell which was confirmed when I went outside and 4 or 5 of the housekeeping staff were just outside the door smoking away--much of the smoke wafting into the lobby everytime someone opened the door.

Room Tip: Make sure you check out the room first before putting all your stuff down. If you don't like ci...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Springdale hotels

liberty112
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed in 2 rooms for 2 nights in August 2012 at this La Quinta Cincinnati North location. The outside of the hotel is rather "blah" looking and looks more like an 80's cement office building rather than a hotel. The room I had was clean and no frills. There was a faint odor of stale ciggarette smoke in the lobby and also the curtains in my room had that same smell. Breakfast was your typical hotel breakfast. They had muffins, yogurt, a waffle machine, and plain coffee with no fancy creamers or flavors. I would feel ok bringing my children here. It seemed safe and clean.

Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This is a no frills place, but certainly okay for the money. We stayed here two days for a Cincinnati Family Reunion. The room was clean. Breakfast was fine. The location is convenient. The free wifi signal didn't reach all the way to our room.

Room Tip: Stay closer to the front desk to get the wifi signal.
Shaker Heights, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

"Deceitful business model" should be their motto! Stay as far from this place as you can. I booked a room through a third party and when I called to confirm the reservation the front desk attendant told me that the only room available was a smoking room. When I told her that I would have an infant with me she offered to give me a room if someone cancelled. I called on the day of reservation at around the time of the cancellation deadline and was informed that there were no cancellations for non smoking rooms. Really?? Out of curiosity I called from a different number inquiring if there were any vacancies available for that night I had booked for and I specifically asked for non smoking rooms. The attendant told me that there was in fact availability, more than one room apparently. I WAS SO MAD! Basically these dirt bags force people who book on third parties like priceline or hotwire to take the smoking rooms even when they request non smoking rooms because they probably have difficulty renting out their smoking rooms. No kidding! What moron hotel owner/manager hasn't already converted to all non smoking rooms. I ended up not even staying there even though I prepaid for the room. I lost out on $150. I cannot express in words how upset I am with this hotel!

Rochester, Michigan, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Daniel at the front desk was awesome. He made our trip and our stay wonderful. We stayed one night here while going to King's Island amusement park. We were pleased to find that it was conveniently located right off the freeway from the park. The rooms were clean and comfortable and overall just pleasant to be in. But the best part of our stay was Daniel at the front desk. He was friendly and helpful with everything we asked him for. He even let us check out an hour late so we could go to the park in the morning and then have time to come back and take a shower before getting back on the road. Let me tell you, after running around in 100 degree heat for a few hours, that was the best gift anyone could have given me! I will definitely choose to stay here anytime I'm in the area!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Cincinnati North? Share your experiences!