“Poor business model” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Springdale
Shaker Heights, Ohio
“Poor business model”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

"Deceitful business model" should be their motto! Stay as far from this place as you can. I booked a room through a third party and when I called to confirm the reservation the front desk attendant told me that the only room available was a smoking room. When I told her that I would have an infant with me she offered to give me a room if someone cancelled. I called on the day of reservation at around the time of the cancellation deadline and was informed that there were no cancellations for non smoking rooms. Really?? Out of curiosity I called from a different number inquiring if there were any vacancies available for that night I had booked for and I specifically asked for non smoking rooms. The attendant told me that there was in fact availability, more than one room apparently. I WAS SO MAD! Basically these dirt bags force people who book on third parties like priceline or hotwire to take the smoking rooms even when they request non smoking rooms because they probably have difficulty renting out their smoking rooms. No kidding! What moron hotel owner/manager hasn't already converted to all non smoking rooms. I ended up not even staying there even though I prepaid for the room. I lost out on $150. I cannot express in words how upset I am with this hotel!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Rochester, Michigan, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Daniel at the front desk was awesome. He made our trip and our stay wonderful. We stayed one night here while going to King's Island amusement park. We were pleased to find that it was conveniently located right off the freeway from the park. The rooms were clean and comfortable and overall just pleasant to be in. But the best part of our stay was Daniel at the front desk. He was friendly and helpful with everything we asked him for. He even let us check out an hour late so we could go to the park in the morning and then have time to come back and take a shower before getting back on the road. Let me tell you, after running around in 100 degree heat for a few hours, that was the best gift anyone could have given me! I will definitely choose to stay here anytime I'm in the area!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Overall very clean and well appointed rooms.
A little bit mold in the bathroom, but very clean. ( room 107)
Front desk staff very friendly. I would stay again with out question!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

North Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

This was my fourth visit to this hotel since 2008, and my third visit in 2011 alone. If the hotel wasn't doing something right (or was doing something horribly wrong), I'm sure I would've looked elsewhere, but the hotel continues to provide me with the service I need at a reasonable price and an adequate location.

We use the La Quinta Inn Cincinnati North when visiting my in-laws who live in Hamilton, about a 20 to 30 minute drive north on Route 4, depending on traffic. This particular trip, we were surprising my in-laws for Christmas and arrived into the Cincinnati area on a red eye from Las Vegas at around 7am. We were way too early to check-in, but the hotel did get us in a bit early, around 1pm, which gave us time to relax and catch a nap before showing up at Christmas Eve dinner.

I'm not sure if the hotel always offers it, but we stayed in the hotel for 8 days and they had an advertised deal for visitors staying a week or more who opted for only 2 housekeeping services per week a discounted rate. This rate was good on every room type in the hotel, including the executive suite, which is what I ended up booking. The deal knocked down the price of the hotel about 51%, which helped make it possible to visit for the holidays.

The room we were given was clean and well-equipped. The carpets had just been shampooed and were still very wet when we entered, but they did warn us of this at the front desk, so at least it wasn't a big surprise. The room included a full kitchen, including microwave, full-size refrigerator, dishwasher and oven, although there were no utensils, dishware, cookware, etc. provided, so it proved a bit more difficult to utilize than we had anticipated. Regardless, it was nice having the fridge and microwave for simple cooking.

The room also had a separate living room area, which had a sofabed, and a private bedroom. The bathroom was pretty standard based on my previous stays with the hotel. We did have an issue with drainage in the bathtub. Within minutes, we were standing in a few inches of water. This problem, however, was reported to the front desk on Christmas Day and it was fixed the following day. We didn't experience any other issues with the drain afterwards

The hotel offers a basic, but adequate, breakfast each morning. It was the same everyday, which does get a bit boring after 8 days, but it definitely helps cut costs, as opposed to eating breakfast at a restaurant each morning, so I put up with waffles and bagels each morning.

I'm an avid runner and, unfortunately, the hotel does not offer a gym, and it's location does make it a bit difficult to run safely due to the lack of sidewalks along Route 4. Fortunately, I was able to find a few routes to the east and west of the hotel that provided me with a great workout, without worrying about getting hit by a car on the busy streets.

All-in-all, I will definitely return to the hotel when we visit my in-laws again. It's the most convenient hotel for our needs and the service is just what I'm looking for when I stay in a hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

When we checked into our room, the room wasn't clean. There were cigeratte butts lining the bed, garbage in the cans and pubic hair in the bathroom tub. The room was nasty. To make matters worse, the next day we overheard two of the housekeepers laughing about how they didn't change the bed sheets on the beds that they made. This hotel is bad.

Room Tip: Dont rent any room.