“Worst hotel stay to date” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Springdale - I-275

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Springdale - I-275 to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Springdale - I-275
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   320 Glensprings Road, Springdale, OH 45246   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Springdale
Homer, New York
“Worst hotel stay to date”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

When we arrived all they had left were smoking rooms we were tired from traveling so we took it. Now, I have stayed in the homes of chain smokers before, and none of them smelled as strongly as this room. The smell was overpowering so we decided not bring any of our luggage up to the room, just grabbed only what we needed for the night. We then pulled back the sheets and there was a large stain of the sheets. We told the front desk and she gave up a bundle of freshly washed sheets and that was that. After driving 8 hours and paying way more then I was expecting I did not expect us to have to change the sheets ourselves. The kitchen was gross and clearly had not been cleaned well. Yellow/orange stuff was dripping down on the walls around the sink. The bathroom was also dirty and there was gross stuff on the doors as well as a few hairs stuck to it. One of the reasons we picked this hotel was for the wireless access, and it didnt work after only 2 minutes. In the morning we dressed from the trunk of the car. I was told I would be refunded $10 for the dirty sheets and so far it has not been returned to me. I would not stay there again if someone payed ME. It was the last hotel stay of 9 and the expectations fell way way way short. I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to hotels, it doesnt have to be pretty but it has to be clean. I put all our clothes in a "contaminated" bag which we kept separate from the rest of our luggage and thrown right into the wash when we returned home. Just terrible.

Room Tip: Do not stay here, though perhaps the non smoking rooms are cleaned better.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Springdale - I-275, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Adrienne - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The situation you described regarding your room cleanliness and internet connectivity is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have addressed these issues with my staff and will conduct thorough room inspections to ensure your experience is not repeated. I will also contact our internet provider regarding the connectivity issues.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly, at csp@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Phoenix
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We had made a RSVP for a 5-day stay for a work project 7 minutes north of this property. We had given the hotel address to our secretary so she could ship my husband's 90 day med supply to this address.

When we arrived at 5:30 pm, the reception area already had 2 guests waiting to check in and a sign on the counter saying they would return in 5 minutes...BUT the 2 other guest had already been waiting in the lobby to check in for 20 + 30 minutes EACH. I wasted no time in calling the location's phone from cell - no answer - THREE times I called - no answer. So I used the lobby phone dialing -0- - no answer. I called the location again and this time let it run over to the corporate switchboard. She couldn't find my name NOR my RSVP. It figures!

Either the gal came back to her station on her own, or the corporate office got thru to her, but when she came back she wanted to handle my check in at the same time as the guest who had been waiting. I declined, and waited my turn. Finally, when it came down to checking in, come to find out there had not been a RSVP made (which is why I never got my email confirmation) AND they were booked for the weekend.

So we had to scramble to find another location with the accomodations we needed - of course, all the other Extended Stay's in the nearby area were booked (or not the types of motels we will stay in), so we ended up at Fairfield Inn in Middletown, OH - about 25 minutes north. When I check email later that night, sure enough the meds had been returned to the sender (why???? because the RSVP had not been taken care of properly).

Oh .... and when we were waiting for our turn to check in -this same gal who took more than 5 minutes to get back to work took a call that sounded like a very good friend, telling them "i"ll call ya right back, love you".

I guess taking care of business takes a back seat to making extended personal calls on your employer's time!

Not sure why the location gets such good reviews either - we never got into the rooms. It's located down a windy narrow road, right along side the freeway, behind a Super 8, filled with contruction trucks and folks standing outside their rooms on the 2nd floor smoking. This ESA has 3 floors, so there is an elevator, but all doors open to the outside, so my guess is it's a remodeled SOB (some other brand) and with a cheap rate is on our CLC listing.

We will pass next time.

Room Tip: on south side will be away from the freeway
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

It’s like your very own apartment. All appliances, clean, remodeled, and the staff was so respectful upon check in. The location is close by eatery and if you’re a cheap shopper like me, there are goodwill/exchange clothing stores near by. The area is clean and quite, although it’s located right next to a motel. I would recommend this hotel if staying in this area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the bottom floor are the best.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Springdale - I-275, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding your clean room and how much you enjoyed our new appliances as well as the remodeling we do to the entire property. Also, we are so glad to know that you found the entire team to be respectful and friendly.

Murray,KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The staff and location made this great for my business trip and the staff are great and very helpful. This place is located just off 275 at exit 41 and close to tri-county mall and the springdale cinema delux.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Joe O, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Springdale - I-275, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your review and the staff is happy that you discovered the great service and the ease that you can get to places you need to when staying at the hotel. Thanks again and come back soon.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I was in town with my boyfriend for the Horror Hound Convention and needed a place to stay. I found this hotel online and the prices were great. When I called the hotel I spoke with Louise and she was fantastic, so knowledgeable and friendly. I normally stay in a Westin or Sheraton so at first I was a little worried at the quality since the price was so low but I was pleasently surprised. The room was very nice with new furnishings, a full kitchen and a comfy bed. It was located close to the Convention center and near several restaurants. I would definetly stay here again if I make it to Cincinnati!

Room Tip: Newer rooms on on bottom walk up level. No restaurant on propert but a cute little blues jazz restau...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Joe O, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Springdale - I-275, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
The hotel is very close the Sharonville Convention Center and the entire staff is happy that you found the best value in the Springdale area. Hope you had time to try our new Grab & Go breakfast while you were at the hotel.
Homewood, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed here one night, having to pick up a truck and head to NC the next morning. I was delightfully surprised with the room. Of course it has the full size fridge, a 3 burner stove and a kitchen sink, it also came equipped with a flat screen LCD t.v. and a very comfortable bed. The heat worked very well, being a really cold night, and the room seemed clean and smelled fresh. I will definitely stay here again, should I ever find myself in Fairfield again. Five stars!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Joe O, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Springdale - I-275, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
The flat screen TVs were just added and of course we have always had the kitchens that add value to your stay compared to the regular hotel room. We look forward to you staying again the next time you are in the Springdale/Fairfiled area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Loved this place because the staff was friendly and accommodating! Also the rooms even come with a full kitchen. It is also located pretty close to fun local places to go too. Would definetly stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013
Joe O, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Springdale - I-275, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you for posting your review. The hotel is located just off I-275 which gets you into downtown in minutes. I will see that the staff are aware of your kind words about their service.

Been to Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Springdale - I-275? Share your experiences!