“Bring your own towels” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Springboro
Jefferson
“Bring your own towels”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Bring your own towels if you stay more than one night. We stayed 2 nights-1st night we had 2 wash cloths, 3 bath towels, and 3 hand towels. 2nd night we had 1 wash cloth, 2 bath towels, and 1 hand towel. Soap and cups were never replenished the 2nd day. I hate to see what we would have had if we stayed another night. The room was clean but the bath had seen better days. Bed was average for comfort but the linens smelled like burnt linen. Thank goodness Bob Evans was across the street since the hot breakfast was somewhat rubbery and lacked any taste. Our room was a non-smoking room across from several smoking rooms which defeated the purpose of a non-smoking room. Check in was friendly and efficient. Bottom line-we could have stayed at a competitor for less $$, better ratings & closer to our destination but we have always stayed with the Choice hotels line--we are thinking of making the change.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
MONTAGUE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The Dayton area has (in my experience) one of the worst selections of decent hotels, for a city of it's size. So finding $70-$85/night hotels that are fit for humans, and not frequently visited by police, can be hard. But this single-story motel is clean, quiet, conveniently located off I-75 and very comfortable. The furnishings were new(ish) and in good shape. There was one lamp with a bad power cord. The bathroom was old(ish), but clean and well maintained. No problems. The free breakfast is...well... "cheap" better be a higher prioity for you than "tasty". We took a look, then went to Bob Evans next door.. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I never even looked at the pool.
I'd go there again if I find myself in the area. This rating says "average", but this place is above average for motels in this price range in this area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarnia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Unlike others on here we experienced the exact opposite of everyone we found our room very clean and well stocked with linens and toiletries. There was no sign of bed bugs I always look, the mattresses looked new and were very comfortable and each bed had 4 pillows on it. There hot breakfast was ok waffle bar was nice but they had no toppings other than syrup for them. We did not use the pool so I cannot comment on that. My only complaint would be the hot water was luke warm.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Gary P, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
to receive your kind words of praise nature.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding.
Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very
best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our
staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

This is a very shabby hotel, i just stayed last night. The lobby and hallways were stained, smelled of a very strong soapy cleaner. The room was OK, but the water was luke warm, the carpet was also stained. They had the audacity to charge $80 plus tax . Dont even try to go the the scummy pool with flaky paint or the supposed "fitness center" which consisted of a very old treadmill, a broken stationairy bike that was probably garbage picked from a lawn and universal machine that is dangerous.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else to get a good room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Gary P, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
A hotel is defined by the quality of service it provides to its guests. Consequently,
it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

this is the absolute worst stay ever!!!! we were ate up by bed bugs the morning we woke up and the manager who lives there!!!, insisted that we brought the bed bugs with us!!! would not return our money. The housekeeper was very rude as well. I said hello to her and she stuck her nose up in the air like she was too good to talk to me!!! The only pleasant thing was the breakfast. Jamie was very nice and made sure we had a great morning. But I will not be returning because of the bed bugs!!!! and the manager Sally.....could be a nice hotel if the rude people and bed bugs were gone.

• Stayed July 2012
Dayton, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

The hotel manager did not honor the arrangement I had made with him weeks ago regarding my reservation. Totally unprofessional, unpleasant, and downright RUDE. I will never ever give them business and I stronly suggest you don't either.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Canton, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Came to the hotel with the Bride on her wedding day and had been previously gaurunteed that our room would be ready for early check in, so we could get ready for her wedding, and when we arrived the man at the front desk said he was sorry but he couldn't check us in early. We then proceeded to ask if there was anything available other than her suite so we could at least get ready and we were rudely told that nothing was available and that no one checked out early...I then asked if there was at least a shower by the pool or anything where we could do our make up...the man then proceeded to slam his hand down on the front desk and yell that nothing was there. He didn't even try to look! Needless to say I had one frantic bride to calm down and one unsympathetic front desk rep. ( who said he was the owner when I asked for a manager.)We had to cancel the reservation and it RUINED THE ONLY HONEYMOON THE COUPLE COULD TAKE THAT NIGHT! This place is a joke and if this is how owners of a comfort inn act I will never send any clients or stay at another one again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!