“very nice place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Southern Hills Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   US 52 and Solida Road, South Point, OH 45680   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in South Point
Ironton, Ohio
“very nice place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

this is my second visit to this hotel and i found they have done alot of remodeling. the view is very nice looking at the surrounding hills, this is the only hotel in this area that i could find that had no bugs what so ever.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Centreville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Traveling home to Cincinnati for Thanksgiving we made so far and had to get some sleep. This hotel is located at the South Point exit on US Rte. 52, so it was very convenient to get to from the highway. The staff was helpful and efficient. The room was nice, although a little aged, with microwave, refrigerator, and cable tv. They also had wi-fi with a good signal. Going to keep their number handy for future trips to Cincinnati. Recommend for a good hotel at a good price.

Room Tip: Room 235 was a good room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed at this hotel as we were passing through because there were none that we could find closer besides a Country Hearth Inn that looked like it may be rat infested. The staff was ok but the rooms were disgusting! Before we went to the car to get our luggage I made a trip to the restroom only to find several of what appeared to be pubic hairs in the tub, floor, and one in the sink. The room smelled bad and there were bugs. When I pulled back the covers to see if it looked like the sheets were even cleaned there were bugs on the sheets. I am assuming bed bugs. Thank goodness we hadn't brought in our luggage yet to this nasty Bates Motel. We got in our car and left immediately. This is absolutely the nastiest hotel I have ever stepped foot into. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. Beware!

Room Tip: Stay away from this nasty place!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these South Point hotels

Lesage, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

while on a road trip with the family this year we were driving thru south point ohio and stayed at southern hills inn....
its a small private owned hotel right off the exit of 52 highway.....it was very nice, and the price was right too....the staff was friendly and the room was nice...we found it to be clean....had a nice free breakfast before we left even.......i would stay here again....if your ever on a road trip as we was, stop in....you wont be disappointed.....

Room Tip: only 2 floors so over-all every room is kinda quiet
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Hi we have stayed at the Southern Hills Motel for a week.The reason why we stayed there is because itwas cheaper andit was easyto get to the highway.The rooms are clean, employees are friendly,and the room service was great.We had a good time,I would reconmend it to all my friends.Hi we have stayed at the Southern Hills Motel for a week.The reason why we stayed there is because itwas cheaper andit was easyto get to the highway.The rooms are clean, employees are friendly,and the room service was great.We had a good time,I would reconmend it to all my friends.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
South Point, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

the manager will not fix the pool. or the person who says he's the manager, there are no outgoing calls aloud to be made from the room, and I was threatened that he could kick his tenants out at anytime for any reason, he needs to read up on the eviction rules. the room was filthy when we got here, and we had to clean it with bleach and he charges different rates for every tenant, depending on how he feels that day. It is a family owned business and I would not advise anyone to ever stay here..........

Room Tip: Huntington, WV is where you can find the best rooms, a 20 min. drive is worth the service
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Sheffield
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

was originally given room 250 but the tv refrig didnt work ...something wrong with outlet. then given a new room 251 things seemed ok however I had never had a problem before regarding bugs. I wish I had access to a computer before I stayed to read the other reviews. I expected the room to be in need of repair because of the price but the sign said newly remodeled.. We had been driving all day and just needed to lay our heads down..well it was hot out so we turned on the air conditioning and layed on the bed fell asleep unfortunately I got cold and went under the covers. about 3am my husband woke me up and said you're gonna be sick get up. He pulled the covers back and there was a bug in the bed under the covers a big one then he pointed out several small specks that were also moving. We woke up the guy asked for garbage bags got out a set of clothes showered quickly hoping to wash off any lingering bugs bagged up our belongings suitcase and all and left ( big sign ..no cash refunds) we have yet to unload and open the bags trying to find out what type of bugs...leaning towards bedbugs though from everything I've read. Was picking up a sock my husband had kicked off noticed a bug on it tried to flick it off had to actually pull it off. Now that I have written this I think I can do without whatever may be in my suitcase because I don't want any thing crawling into my home.

Room Tip: To get the best room stay somewhere else or you may take a guest home with you
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Southern Hills Inn? Share your experiences!