Booked this hotel to stay for Marshall University Homecoming. Arrived at hotel in the later evening and was cordially welcomed to the property by a very nice desk clerk. Staff overall was extremely nice and friendly during our two night stay. The hotel itself is somewhat of a disappointment.
Since I was paying full price for a hotel, I expect full price comfort but that is not what I received. I am not in the habit of asking for refunds as I prefer to let my fingers do the walking and will book a different hotel in the future.
1. They advertised high speed internet. As a frequent traveler, my wife and I do stay in other cities and hotels throughout the year. As such we had trouble with internet speeds at this hotel. Using the Speedtest app on our IPADS, the general speeds were 1MB upload and 1MB downloads. This is barely considered high speed in today's market.
2. We booked into room #103 (Jacuzzi with KING BED). The room had mold in uppers parts of the room especially in the corner of the jacuzzi cutout. This mold had been there for an extended period of time.
3. Multiples areas of the room had wallpaper that was pulling away from the walls and almost all seems to be loosening up. These are cosmetics things, but when paying full price for a room, one expects that my money is to be reinvested back into the maintenance of the property?
4. Original chair that was at the desk table had a broken back so that when you sat down and leaned back you did not stop when your back hit the back of the chair. Went to front desk and they did promptly switch out the chair with a working one. It was commented by the desk clerk that the chair had been moved to the room and the good one given to another guest. Instead of taking the broken chair to the dumpster, they simply moved it to a non rented room. Poor management in my opinion.
5. Room air conditioner did work, but was having trouble of some sorts keeping the temperature we set it at. It was not an overly hot day, but it did struggle.
6. TV was nice and clear but no channel guide was evident in the room nor available on the TV itself. Makes for a difficult time trying to find the appropriate channel to view when not familiar with the local channels.
7. General appearance of the outside of the hotel showed a somewhat poorly maintained hotel. Simply walking around the property showed that daily cleanup does not occur. A pile of pea gravel was located in the upper corner of the parking lot and was being used place in the flowerbeds. This gravel was strewn everywhere in the parking lot and sidewalks..
8. Appeared to have been a major water leak in our room as evidenced by the mold and new paint in the corner by the outside wall. These repairs were of substandard quality and was simply a patch to the problem. The outside exterior of the building adjacent to the problems showed some seem damage from the drywall and again, a quick patch to fix some problem.
9. Bed was a KING sized bed and comfortable but only small square pillows were available. Regular sized pillows were nowhere to be found. This was different...
10. Outside gazebo was unkept and needed to be cleaned up of the cigarette butts and trash.
The hotel is only 4 years old but is in dire need of routine general maintenance on a daily basis. Hotel staff was very friendly but will not stay again since the value for my money was substandard in comparison to other hotels we have stayed at.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites South Point, Ohio
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Orbitz, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Comfort Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.