“"A-frame Cabin"” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tranquil Retreat Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Bloomingville
Tranquil Retreat Cabins
You added Tranquil Retreat Cabins to your Saves list
25963 Liberty Hill Rd, South Bloomingville, OH 43152   |
Cleveland, Ohio
“"A-frame Cabin"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I reserved the A-frame cabin In January for a family getaway and was very pleased as was everyone who stayed. Everything we needed was already there. Very peaceful setting,close to area attractions,comfortable beds and friendly hasslefree service! We're planning another trip this spring!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Landen, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I honeymooned with Tranquil Retreat Cabins, staying at the White Oak Cabin. Our time there, albeit brief, was truly magical. One bedroom assures no guests on our trip back here. Everything was there that we needed. Sharon helped me with arranging for flowers to be there upon our arrival for my wife, which she found to be a great surprise! It was very cozy for just the two of us, the gas fireplace was on, taking the chill out of ther air. The hot tub was very relaxing after having had Christmas three days prior and a wedding the day before. Lots of stress relief! Romantic is an understatment, sitting in the hot tub watching it snow. We awoke Saturday morning to 5 inches of snow, untouched by anyone. Sunday came too quickly, but we most certainly will return!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed here with my girlfriends for a weekend during the summer and had a fun, relaxing experience at Tranquil Retreat Cabins. We stayed in the log cabin, and had plenty of space for four people, including two queen sized beds and bedrooms. Very cute decor thoughout the cabin. We were in close distance to Ash Cave, a popular tourist destination in Hocking Hills. Very peaceful and quiet. Hot tub in the backyard was a great perk, as well as a full kitchen. Loved it so much, I even got my parents a getaway weekend here for Christmas! Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Florence, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I reserved the cottage by the cave. Arrived at dusk. Very clear directions to the office for check in as well as to the cottage. Very, very lovely cottage. Neat, clean, lights on awaiting my arrival. The one downside was no cell phone reception and no phone in the cottage. Ultimately this prevented me from spending the night since I was traveling alone and needed to be able to communicate with my family. Fortunately Sharon, the owner was very gracious and kind and credited back my card. She also did inform me that there is a cabin available with wi-fi. Good to know for future bookings or anyone cell phone dependent like me. :) Thank you for a lovely glimpse and hopefully future stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Westerville, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Beware of the property owner. I contacted the owner "Sharon" renting a cabin. She called me back and told me that there was a cancellation and that my family could have the cabin for Labor Day weekend since I was the first to call after the cancellation. She took down my name and credit card number. She mentioned that she would email me with the confirmation information. A week went by and I received no confirmation. I began trying to contact her four days prior to our stay via email and phone. No response. In fact, I couldn't even leave a voicemail. I am outraged that someone would take my credit card info and never hold the cabin for me or send a confirmation. We cleared our schedules and were very much looking forward to the trip. I will contact the BBB and file a complaint. Please don't give these people your money. The other reviews have been fine, but this obviously says something about their ethics and morals. If there was some kind of phone or email related issues on their end, that's fine, but it would have been nice to hear something.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
daceealeese, Owner at Tranquil Retreat Cabins, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
In response to your review; first I'm very sorry for the confusion.
Sometimes when a reservation is taken over the phone; someone has already booked an on-line reservation that has been accepted.
Then when the person you spoke with enters the date etc. to block it out finds that there is no vacancy.

I am very sorry this happened to you.

We would never take your credit information and do anything with that unless that reservation was valid and intact.

We would welcome you to give our privately owned and very small business a chance.

As an apology to you for a future stay; just state your name and experience in the comments section and we will adjust your bill for your inconvenience previously.

Thanks, The owners of Tranquil Retreat Cabins
Akron, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

My family stayed with friends at the aframe 2 yrs ago and honestly in that time the decline in the property was obvious. We were so excited for this trip but upon entering the cabin the smell of must and mildew was noticeable. We burned candles for two days. It was not as clean as in the past. The dishes had to be washed several times before using. There was several notes about how to leave the cabin or you would be charged, about how if the hot tub cover was damaged you would be charged 300-700 dollars to replace-it was already in poor condition. The hot tub was a huge let down. My mother has arthritis and was looking forward to a nice soak but instead the breaker tripped everytime we turned on the jets and to flip the breaker you had to get out and go to the back of the property! Even if it had worked we probably would not have used it that much as it was not clean. I hate to write negative reviews but I am just being honest.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I wanted a simple, romantic and secluded honeymoon. That is exactly what we got! Well maybe not very simple but very worth while. We are from southeast Michigan so we had a long drive (downside). When we got to the cabins, the cabin that we reserved had some kind of problem with the floor boards so we were upgraded to the A-frame. We didn't mind at all!!
Positive: A-frame is absolutely gorgeous!! Very very spacious! All the decorations were perfect for the cabin. The cabin was very clean and very secluded which is exactly what we wanted. The owners were also very nice.
Negative: The biggest problem we had was finding the office. That was probably our fault though because we took a different route than what they gave us. Absolutely no cell phone signal (verizon and tmobile). We literally had to drive at least two miles to get one signal bar. Lastly, every night we were there we kept looking for killers that were going to jump out of the hills lol. We were just being paronoid! :(

All in all, the trip was great, we were fairly close to all the attractions. We actually just made reservations for May, this time we are filling up the entire A-frame :)

• Stayed September 2011

Been to Tranquil Retreat Cabins? Share your experiences!