“Wow!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Getaway Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Bloomingville
Getaway Cabins
26366 Chapel Ridge Rd., South Bloomingville, OH 43152   |
Columbus, Ohio, United States
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I booked this trip for my boyfriend and I online and wasn't sure as to what I should expect. From the moment we entered in the main cabin to check in, we were greeted by a very friendly and helpful staff. The area was absolutely beautiful and that says a lot because I'm not typically an outdoors kind of person! I came on my birthday and a lovely "Happy Birthday" sign was left for us on the door. The moment I walked into our cabin which was the Fox Run cabin, I was blown away. The cabin looked absolutely spotless and beautiful. I actually enjoyed not having cell phone service because nobody could bother me! It was just me and my honey! The hot tub was so relaxing and our dog Bishop loved every minute of it. We visited cedar falls and old man's cave. We even went ziplining which was my first time and I had a blast! If you're looking for a rather inexpensive but great getaway (no pun intended,) I would definitely recommend staying at the getaway cabins. We're already planning our next trip back there!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Shorewood, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I cannot say enough about Getaway Cabins. From the moment I walked in the cabin (I was in Cabin #3) till the moment I left, everything was way more than I could have ever expected. The staff, the cleanliness of the cabins, the tasteful decorations, the picnic basket, just everything was absolutely the best. I cannot wait to go back. Next year I want to stay in the same cabin but not go until early October so I can enjoy the fall colors. They were just about ready to turn when I was leaving. I drove 7 hours from Illinois to de-stress and it was worth every minute of the drive. Thank you to everyone at Getaway for a wonderful 4 days. The only thing wrong with the trip was that I wished I could have stayed longer!!!! ;-)

Room Tip: On the ratings above I accidentally checked Swimming Pool and Fitness Center and then could not unch...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Elyria, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We went to Hocking Hills to get married at Ash Cave. The cabin was wonderful, the area is incredibly beautiful, and our entire experience was everything we could have hoped for. The "Getaway Gang" was a pleasure to deal with from beginning to end, and our wedding was perfect. Loved the peace and quiet, loved sitting in the hot tub watching the deer walk past, loved the well-appointed kitchen and the romantic fireplace in the living room. We will be back!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheridan, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We booked online and were not sure what to expect. From the moment we walked in the door we were thrilled. I was glad I brought food because we did not want to leave. It was by far the most restful and relaxing few days we have ever spent. We enjoyed the deer and humming birds. We cannot wait to return. We loved getaway cabins.

Room Tip: humming bird haven is the place to go. Plan on grilling out and enjoying the hot tub. Bring a good b...
dayton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I just moved to Ohio from California and was having a hard time adjusting. It's hard to beat the ocean and lack of humidity that California brings. :) But then I found the Getaway Cabins and spent the night there. I remembered, when I was there, many of the things I love about Ohio. It's beautiful, clean, private, cozy, relaxing...I can't say enough about it. It was perfect! I advise anyone who is looking for a relaxing weekend, or a place to stay while they discover the many adventerous activiites in the area, to choose Getaway Cabins. You won't regret it!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Honeybee Hideaway. It was the perfect size for two people. Also, I typed in "...
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Our June anniversary stay was just as relaxing and trouble free as our Valentines Day weekend. We stayed a the Honeybee Hideaway: Private, clean, affordable. Although it was great to be alone, Hawking Hills offers so much to do that next time we're bringing the kids . . . Well, maybe.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Mogadore, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We had reservations for July 20 and July 21, 2012. We are getting married on July 21st at Upper Falls. I had cleared my mom and immediate family coming to our cabin on Saturday for a couple of hours to help me get ready for my WEDDING!! I was told that was fine and to let them know how many people and number of cars. I called to tell them yesterday (July 16) the count and number of vehicles. I was told that was okay. About 10 minutes later I received a voicemail telling me that this was not okay and that I could only have 2 people there. I have more than 2 members of my immediate family...mom, sisterS, grandmother! We cancelled our reservation and luckily found a cabin that is even better!! I was told different things by 3 people at Getaway Cabins. HORRIBLE customer service. I have told everyone that I know about my experience. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone!!!!

Room Tip: My tip is to choose another location! DO NOT use getaway cabins.
TheNiff, Owner at Getaway Cabins, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
I am happy that you were able to find another facility with policies that more closely met your needs for your special day.

Been to Getaway Cabins? Share your experiences!