“Absolutely love the location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hocking Hills Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in South Bloomingville
Hocking Hills Resort
25780 Liberty Hill Road, South Bloomingville, OH 43152   |
Chardon, Ohio, United States
“Absolutely love the location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband stumbled across this place looking for a place for our honeymoon. We rented one of the lovebug cabins and we were more then pleased. Cabin was clean and everything was nicely organized. Loved the jacuzzi and the atriumn in the bathroom. Veiw was fanstatic and it was so quiet and relaxing. The staff was amazing and was quick to answer any questions we had also to let us know what all there was to do in the area. We had them add afew baskets and had dinner catered in one night all the food was delicious. I can't wait until we go back this summer and I'm sure many more times in years to come.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HHRGNR, Owner at Hocking Hills Resort, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to you in the future, the hills are beautiful every season!

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Centerville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We have been staying at the Hocking Hills Resort for over 15 years and just visited the resort again this past week. We love the cozy Love Bug Cabins and for those who dont like the hill, you just have to get use to it, we love being on top of the ridge and secluded from the other tourist. Our cabin is always clean and comfortable and the staff is ready to assist with anything we ask. There are trails to hike, a garden for relaxing in around a bon fire and enjoying the outdoors is what it is all about when visiting the hocking hills. We love how close our cabin is to the state parks and have even walked to Ash Cave many times with our pet in tow. Please make note of the journal in the cabin, you can experience what others have while visiting in that cabin and every one has a special thought and adventure in the hills.
Don't want to cook, you can order a breakfast basket and have dinner catered to your cabin, I love it! Sitting down to a fabuous dinner and I don't have to left a finger and cook it, just rinse my plates when I'm done. I can;t say enough about our time in the Hocking Hills while staying in a Love Bug Cabin, it's a little piece of paradise, away from the hustle and bustle of town and don't forget to look up, the stars are fanastic, I've never seen such a sight, the hocking hills is a true wonder!

Room Tip: We Like Love Bug 2 and Love Bug 4 the best
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate our repeat customers who have been coming to the Hocking Hills over the years, looking forward to seeing you again.
Middletown, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My family had a great time @ hocking hills resort. The cabin was very clean and smelled clean. We had a fire going the whole time we were there it was so cozy. we loved the hot tub on the deck over looking the woods. the staff was very helpful with anything that we needed. the grouse nest was so nice that my picky daughter even loved it. i would recommend these cabins to my friends and family. would love to spend a Christmas there soon.

Room Tip: we loved the coltsfoot!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I found this cabin business online while researching the Hocking Hills, The well designed wesite allowed me to book one of the love bug cabins with ease. I quickly recieved a phone call confirming everything, adding on a couple of the nice baskets and dinner to our cabin the second night we stayed. Upon Check in the Very freindly staff was very informative with the area and what some of the must see places to adventure to. The Cabin we stayed in, Lovebug #4, was beautiful very well maintained interior very clean, felt like home, a quaint little kitchen to the right, a sitting area to the left with a wonderful electric fireplace seperating the queen size bed. Directly across the bed was the entrance to the batroom, and the first thing you see is a beautiful glass atrium that the jacuzzi tub sits directly under, I couldn't wait to relax in the jacuzzi tub! the shower was a very nice size, There was an entrance to the back patio which was a nice addition, didnt see any other cabins felt very private. The patio has a small chimnea that unfortunately we didnt get to use as while we were in the cabin, we used the fireplace.

They had a wonderful Wedding Facility on property we asked to see it, it had a wonderful courtyard and a beautiful interior with exposed wooden beams. I would love to get married there.

The Night we checked in we went to the Grouse Nest Restaurant it was quite busy as there are only a few restaurants in the area, our server, Jason, was one of the best servers we have ever had, the Food was amazing pray they have their Roasted Butternut Squash Soup on thier menu, it is wonderful, their desserts were amazing, definately worth every penny we spent in there. The second Night we had our dinners delivered from the restaurant which is right down the road from the cabins. it was just as delicious as our dinner was in the privacy of our own cabin.

I highly Recommend this establishment It was very clean and maintained yes there are leaves in the fall, and branches your in the woods people!! Everytime I come to the hocking hills I will from now on Stay at Hocking Hills Resort and eat at the Grouse Nest Restaurant.. Cant wait for my next visit which we booked before we left and got a small discount!

Room Tip: love bug 4 was the one i stayed in
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Plainfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My family had a wonderful time at Hocking Hills. The cabin was very spacious and very clean. The view from the balcony was very nice also. The restaurant, The Grouse Nest, was delicious! The office staff was very helpful. My family and I will Definitely be returning for another short family getaway!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

I Love the hocking hills resort I have stayed on a few occasions in different cabins and loved them. Wonderful country scenery and a peaceful feeling. The grouse nest was also a pleasant surprise for on site eating that has something for everyone, they also will cater to your room and you can have baskets of extras waiting when you arrive, I suggest giving this place a try, it's a nice place to go and not a hefty price tag. A +++++++

• Stayed February 2012
West Rushville, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed in one of the Cedar Vacation homes for a romantic weekend getaway. The cabin was clean and well maintained, the hot tub on the deck was wonderful with great views and plenty of privacy. The beds are comfortable and the bathroom was gorgeous. The kitchen was great, we brought food to cook and never left the cabin all weekend! The staff had plenty of movies to rent, and they were very helpful. We plan to return this month, and this time I'd love to try out the Grouse Nest as we've heard the food is excellent!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hocking Hills Resort? Share your experiences!