“Delicious, fun and reasonably priced!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 50 Restaurants in Solon
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Macedonia, Ohio
“Delicious, fun and reasonably priced!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My family went to Akira for my birthday dinner. The food was delicious. The owner is so personable that it felt like we were old friends! Prices are reasonable for a sushi & hibachi meal. Full bar also! The surprise birthday cupcake was a nice touch.

• Visited July 2013

California
“Love the wasabi dumplings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I had the seaweed salad, a hand roll and the wasabi dumplings and all were good. The dumplings however would get me back to this place for sure. I may even be hooked as they were very flavorful without blowing my brains out.
The rest room had run out of paper towels so I told the staff they needed to restock. I sat at the sushi bar and had to place my handbag on the floor or chair backside since there was no under bar hook. Sometimes I wonder why I bother looking since most places don't have them anyway.
Bottom line - it was a very good meal.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Amazing hibachi/sushi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Been going here for years, absolutely love Akira! The owner, Anna, is the sweetest woman you'll ever meet. She always works with my parents to help them order the right sushi (they're not as adventurous as I). But I think the real shining star at this place is their hibachi. I absolutely love the food, and I think it's a fantastic deal too. I always go home with a doggie bag and a full stomach. The hibachi chefs are really good at their presentation too. Whenever I come in to Cleveland to visit my family, I make it a point to stop here!

• Visited June 2013
Twinsburg, Ohio
“Yummy and FUN!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Enjoyed our visit! The food was delish and staff was very attentive! We actually were able to make reservations for 7pm on a Saturday night and were seated very close to that time.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pickerington, Ohio
“Eat here several days a week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I eat here several times a week during lunch. I love the option to call ahead and grab my food to go. The lunchtime specials are very affordable. I have been here during dinnertime and the prices are much higher.

• Visited December 2012