“I Wanted To Try Everything” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 50 Restaurants in Solon
Cuisines: Fast Food
Macedonia, Ohio
“I Wanted To Try Everything”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2014

I stocked up on lots of food items while I was able to sit at a table and try everything from lunch meat to prepared foods and deserts, bakery, bread, and meatballs. I filled my shopping cart while I snacked on cookies, root beer, and did I mention meatballs? I chose the right wine, cheese, and even some more cookies. The restaurant had soups and just about anything you wanted could be warmed up ......so I could sit and relax and try new and old favorites. I hope to make Jim Alesci's a frequent stop for food and fun. The sales people were helpful and accommodating and were patient with me and all my questions. It was like shopping with family.

• Visited November 2014

“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

I try to stop when I am in town of pepperoni rolls and fresh Italian bread! Their food is amazing. The line is long but that's how you know their good at what they do.

“To the idiot guy from may 2014”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

First of all dont speak on things you know nothing about! Im very familiar with the situation and the chef that delivered your food definetly didn't remove any racks from your neighbors oven. Your neighbor removed them. The chef told her they wont fit but she insisted on putting them in anyways. The chef was trying to make sure he did what the customer asked within reason. He didnt touch her oven at all only made suggestions. Im a very close friend of the chefs and he is a stand up guy and very credible with information he gives people and would not lie if he was at fault! Thats not in his nature or character. He served in the United States Marine corp. Where he spent 2 yrs deployed defending our freedom, he would nvr smear his own name to lie and get out of trouble for something. He always steps to the plate right or wrong. People will do anything to get something for free and its a shame your doing at the expense of a good person and a really well known community business.

• Visited May 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“The Owner Does Not Care About Customers”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

I've been going there for years for pizza dough and other Italian delicacies but those were just quick pick up transactions, no real interaction with the staff. Then my wife hired them to cater a party last week. Included in the food were two sheet pizzas. Because Alesci's asked if they could deliver earlier than planned, the pizzas had to go in an oven to be kept warm. The delivery guy (who it turns out is a manager) put them in my neighbor's oven, in the boxes, on the bottom of the oven. HE REMOVED THE RACKS AND PUT THEM ON THE OVEN FLOOR. As if that wasn't stupid enough, my neighbor left the pizzas in the oven and went out. Equally stupid. Sure enough, the boxes caught fire. Fortunately, only smoke damage was done before the fire was caught but she'll need a new oven.

When I returned their "Hotbox" warmer to them the next day, I told the delivery man-manager what happened and showed him pictures. He was shocked, he said they put pizza boxes in ovens all the time. He promised that someone would call my neighbor. Well, 4 days later, after we called them every day, the owner called her. Again, Alesci is only partially responsible for this accident, the neighbor was equally at fault. But shouldn't the owner of the business have at least cared enough to call? When he finally did, he really wasn't interested in her problems. He finally agreed to refund the price of the pizzas but she lost a lot more than that. It was his attitude that rubs the wrong way. No call, his guy suggested removing the oven racks, disinterested attitude.

I will not go there again. A local, family business that doesn't care about its patrons doesn't deserve to keep those patrons.

Visited May 2014
Bedford Heights, Ohio
“amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I order large catering orders for our office lunches. It is probably the employees favourite meal to get!! Generous portions reasonably priced! and great service too! Don't let the negative feedback detour you! They must be mistaken because there is NO female owner.....?

• Visited November 2013