“Just okay” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 50 Restaurants in Solon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: http://www.cleveland.com/west-geauga/index.ssf/2012/03/burntwood_tavern_will_replace.html
Cleveland, Ohio
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

The menu never changes and the menu is not that extensive to begin with. I would think after 3 years they might want to shake things up a bit. The food is average at best. Nice ambiance for drinks and appetizers but it gets crowded on Friday and Saturday nights in the bar.

Visited November 2013

“Food is ok need work on service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Went for dinner we were the only name on the list and the manager says you will be next. The hostess came up we were in the waiting area we were a party of 4. Another group of 4 comes in and she sits them. She apologized we waited for a table. The manager never came over an apologized maybe she did not tell him. The server was ok she had spilled coffee on my mother saucer she said I am sorry I would think she would come back with a clean saucer? We waited a long time for our food and it came out in shifts. 2 people got their order and then we waited for the other people to get their orders. Some of the food was hot the other warm. Nothing special about the food or service. Others in the group had been there before and had better experience one said they would not come back at a busy time. I will go to the Rusty Bucket if I want Fish and Chips never had an issue at the Rusty Bucket.

Visited November 2013
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
“Same Name but NOT a Chain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I love the original Burntwood in Chagrin Falls, OH. So, being convenient to where I was when I was hungry, I visited the Solon location - 7 miles away. The decor is as rustic, interesting and beautiful as the original, offering a shared motif that seems typical of Burntwoods using barn siding and interesting craftsmanship. HOWEVER, the dining experience was sadly lacking as I found paper in my soup, was brought the wrong drinks and our food took decades to make it to our table. I asked the waiter if he was new and he was not. I think this was one of those bad karma night, but it is worthy of note so the diner may beware of mishaps. I still like Burntwood very much.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brecksville, Ohio
“Happy Hour offers lots of treats!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This location of the Burntwood is pretty awesome. I've been to this location several times and each time, I am pleased with the service and the quaility of the food. There's a patio that can serve as open air- or enclosed which really provides a great opportunity for natural light.

I love the fresh and flavorful choices on the menu- which include shrimp tacos and the ahi tuna nachos. The barkeeps are so pleasant and accomodating that I really am partial to sitting at the bar every time. One of my favorite bartenders is Don- he is just so estute at what he does!

The great thing about the Happy Hour is that the appetizers are all half price- 7 days a week from 3p-6p...so, it's a great place for meeting friends and family for snacks and libations. It's right off the freeway, so really convenient for meeting folks at a mid-point....

Great for famiies, colleagues, travelers and ofcourse...those who appreciate more than just "root" beer for beverage options..

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Aurora, Ohio
“beautiful spot for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Really beautiful restaurant. Food was great and the service was fast.
Stopped for the first time at this spot, have eaten at their Chagrin Falls location, and
this location was a much better of experience.

• Visited July 2013