“Nice Place” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 49 restaurants in Solon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: http://www.cleveland.com/west-geauga/index.ssf/2012/03/burntwood_tavern_will_replace.html
Solon, Ohio
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This is a newer place. Great covered patio, Good menu choices. A bit unique enough to be interesting. The service and food were good. I would definitely go back. It is hard to get in so be patient.

Visited August 2012

69% Recommend
Cleveland, Ohio
“not memorable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

If you are looking for an uninspiring lunch....and have a looong time to wait for your food, you could do worse. I had the asiago crusted chicken sandwhich...interesting attempt at some use of unusual flavors you wouldn't expect, but halfway through my sandwhich realized there was half an inch of unidentifiable cheese that was so tough that i thought it was a second piece of chicken. The fries thankfully were quite good. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here, but in a pinch I would try it again assuming there was no where better to go.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“Yuckkkk !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We called the restaurant around 6:00 p.m. and they told us that there was no wait for a table. We arrived at the restaurant 5 minutes later and they told us there was a 20 to 30 minute wait. We turned right around and walked out.....but alas they reeled us back in with a loud voice before we could escape. Literally 10 seconds after shooing us away they somehow told us that someone had cancelled and we could have their table. More than a bit odd.

Well, next our waitress gave us the strangest look when we asked to split a 16 oz. draft beer. One of us had the burger and it was bland and greasy ($10 Angus Beef, what a ripoff) and the other in our party had the Cuban sandwich which tasted like salty lunch meat from Giant Eagle. The French Fries were super greasy, lukewarm and tasted like they'd been deep fried in rancid oil.

Even though we've been to the Chagrin Burntwood several times and enjoyed it, it appears that expanding to more stores has taken quality down several notches.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Hudson OH
“Not Returning”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Although the decor in this place is great, the acoustics are horrible! We dined there with another couple a few weeks back and I literally could struggled the entire time to hear what the dinner companion to my right was saying; my husband across the table (a 4 top) could not even begin to hear the conversation. I ordered tilapia that night and when it came, I noticed it was dried out and had a slightly burned flavor. After a few bites I flipped it over and noticed the entire backside was burned. Normally I would send it back, however, we were with dinner companions and had waited an abnormally long amount of time just to get our meals, so I didn't want to spoil their evening anymore than it already was. We had to ask for our water glasses to be refilled several times before actually getting more water. So I can't give this place a good review on any front: service, atmosphere, or food.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Garrettsville, Ohio
“dinner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

i heard this place was really good so was excited to try it. the place was very nice inside. great atmosphere but we were sadly disappointed with the food and service! the service was terrible. our waitress was mia most of the meal. i had to ask for water 3x. the portions were small for the price. we thought maybe it would make up for it in how tasted but that was disappointing too. my potatoes were cold in the middle, asapargus was salty and steak was undercooked in the middle and burnt on the outside. we definitly wont be going back

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere