“A little pricey” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Solon
Bettendorf, Iowa
“A little pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Typical Hampton which is clean and nice. Updated rooms but still older style layout which makes things a bit tight compared to newer properties. I felt it was fairly expensive for just an average property but it seems to be in line with comparable properties in the area.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Terry H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Solon, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Hi Kris H.

Glad you like our new look! We have actually added a few more items that improve guest conveniences since your stay in April. I have been looking at possibly removing the luggage bench and using the portable style to provide more space in our guest rooms, but when chatting with my guests they all told me that would be a severe mistake. We did space out the furniture a bit more that has improved this aspect of our rooms and has received positive feedback. Please do let me know your thoughts the next time you are in the Solon area.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Terry Herman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel several times on business. When we were there last, they were just starting the renovations. Returned recently after renovations were complete. The breakfast area is congested and does not flow well. There were lots of people in the hotel while we were there and breakfast was very busy. It felt very crowded and was very loud. We did not enjoy our time at breakfast on this trip. Also, the breakfast food is not appetizing. The hot foods are not hot. Have stayed at nicer Hampton Inns.
Also was disappointed that the rooms are set up so that there is not a convenient outlet by the bed for plugging in a phone charger. Bathroom was dark needed better lighting.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hi bkbkg.

I appreciate the excellent feedback based on your stay at my hotel. I am very happy that you recognized that our strength id definitely our friendly team and impeccable cleanliness, You did mention a couple of items that I have been working that will hopefully improve your experience the next time you are in Solon.

You are right - we do have limited outlets by the bed. I am not sure if you noticed, but we recently added a multi-port (6) outlet by the desk area for cell phones and other devices. I intend on installing these as well on the night stand to provide even more outlets. I am also reviewing alternatives to improve the lighting in our bath room area. This is proving to be a bit more challenging just based upon the initial construction of the hotel. I have tested a few items, but I am not satisfied with the 'bang for the watt'. I would be happy to keep you informed as to my progress on these items.

Thank you again for taking the time bkbkg to connect and share your thoughts. Your insights are sincerely appreciated. Let me know the next time your in town so I can thank you for the suggestions!

Pittsburgh, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

It was a good experience, the rooms were a bit small for my style, but maybe I got used to suites. Cleanliness was good, staff was welcoming. Only noticeable not good thing was some of the "hot" items at the continental breakfast, mildly warm eggs don't go down the easiest.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Hello Nathan J.

Thanks for taking some time to share your thoughts on your experience at my hotel. It always great to receive feedback that our efforts are appreciated and that you were warmly welcomed during your trip to the Solon area.

We did have an issue with our hot food heater which I am happy to report was immediately corrected (the plug was actually just not set in place 100%). Our breakfast attendant realized this shortly that morning and got us back on track and that our eggs/bacon/potatoes/etc. are piping hot like they should be.

Congrats by the way for the Pirates return to excellence! Stop by and drop me a hello the next time you are in the area!

General Manaqer
Wattsburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Visiting Solon on business and wanted a place clean and nice with a decent breakfast. Just off the main drag, the location is quiet. However, it is close to restaurants and general shopping. The room was clean and pleasantly appointed. The pool was clean and obviously well maintained. Breakfast has a real nice selection of hot and cold items. Everything was clean. I was pleasantly surprised by the friendliness of the staff. While I did not require any special attention, the desk clerks greeted me at every opportunity.
I was only disappointed with the TV cable system. Changing the channels requires a significant amount of patience. Each click brings an ensuing wait. I missed the "guide" feature I enjoy at home with a satellite service. So, scanning the channel selection took most of the evening. At the same time, I did not mention this to the staff. In hind sight, I should have given them the opportunity to investigate. (Maybe the trouble was repairable.)
Tuesday, I walked to the end of the road to enjoy a classic car show that assembles there weekly. Nice nice nice.
I felt safe and comfortable inside and out. I would not hesitate to stay here again alone or with my family!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hello Ron R.

It was great to read that you appreciated not only the cleanliness and attention to detail of our property, but the sincere friendliness of our entire team. We take pride in proving our guests with that special feeling that throughout their stay.

I agree with you - their is a slight delay when changing channels. This is due to the conversion of the channel from the local cable supplier to our hotel programming. I actually will be meeting with our television provided who has a potential solution. Let me know if you would like me to update you once I have the opportunity to hear their proposal.

Thank you again Ron R for the great feedback. My team was thrilled when I shared your thoughts with them. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Richmond, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This Hampton Inn was great for us. We had some plans that an early check-in would have helped. We called and they allowed the early check-in (at 2:00). In addition to the early check-in, the front desk lady was very accommodating and friendly. She recommended a great place to eat lunch (the sub place around the corner) and we were not disappointed. The room was great. The AC was cold and constant (it did not turn on/off throughout the night). It was also very close to major highways and easy access to SE, E, and NE Cleveland.

Room Tip: The sub/sandwich place around the corner was great!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Terry H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Solon, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Hi Kevin C.

Thanks so much for sharing your great experience at our hotel. I am glad that we could accommodate your early check-in so you could get right into enjoying the Solon area.

Your are right - that sub shop right around the corner does rock! After a long day, I frequent that place for an excellent sandwich (or two).

I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area!

Archbold, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We return here again and again to visit with family who live close by. The location is convenient and the hotel is always spotlessly clean. The lobby and food area has been redone and it very nice. The manager goes out of her way to be friendly and helpful. It's just our favorite hotel in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi cornetblue.

Thank you so much for the kind words! I am thrilled that you enjoy our new look as well as the warm hospitality that we truly enjoy delivering to all our guests. Please stop by and say hello the next time you are visiting your family in the Solon area.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Florence, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

CLEAN!!! Great breakfast! Quiet! We will definitely be back! The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and our guy who cleaned the rooms was very efficient and thorough. The dining area was a bit tight and could use a little bit more room but very nice indeed!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Hi.

Awesome to hear that we knocked it out of the park! That is always our goal and really drives everyone at the hotel to try even harder and think of new ways that we can impress our guests. We started opening up our meeting room to provide as auxiliary seating during those busy breakfast times which has helped out a great deal.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Terry Herman

Been to Hampton Inn Cleveland Solon? Share your experiences!