“A two star at best!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Sidney
Ontario
“A two star at best!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

We stayed overnight at the Comfort Inn based on the excellent traveler reviews on this website. I'm not sure we were at the same hotel as the reviewers, but our room was run down and had seen better days. The staff were friendly but the price was way too high for what was definitely a two star hotel. We paid the same price the night before in Macon, Georgia in a competing chain for a brand new hotel in a king suite which we considered a solid four star hotel. This was not good value for what we paid.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

I had to stay in Sidney for a week due to a training seminar, and the Comfort Inn served as my home away from home for the week. The service is very friendly and quick, the room was always clean when I returned from my day of meetings, the breakfast buffet was well appreciated, and the beds were comfortable and provided for a good night of sleep. What more can you ask for in a economy Hotel?
My travels will bring me back to Sidney for two more separate weeks, and I will without hesitation be staying at the Comfort Inn in Sidney.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Midland, michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

I stayed here recently during a long road trip. I was impressed by the king room I received. Very spacious and tidy. The whirlpool tub was SO relaxing and very welcome after a long day of traveling. The beds were clean and comfy even though a little outdated and I didn't see any evidence of bed bugs like a previous reviewer had commented. Believe me, I thoroughly inspected for bed bugs since that was a concern! Breakfast bar was adequate. My only compaint: the uncomfortable little square bed pillows! All in all, this is a very convenient location for travelers on I-75, and a very good value. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I would stay here again when traveling in this area.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010 via mobile

On our travels to the Smoky Mountains we were looking for an inexpensive place to lay our heads for a few hours sleep. This Comfort Inn was very nice, super clean and staff was friendly. Did I mention that it was cheap to boot?

• Stayed October 2010
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

Too tired to keep travelling we stopped at this hotel. Excellent value, and located right off the highway. It was extremely clean & well kept, had comfortable beds, and was very quiet . There were restaurants right next door (dinner at Perkins was excellent). There was free internet and a complimentary breakfast, with fruit, cereals, yogurt, fresh made waffles, etc.etc. Has a very nice outdoor pool and hot tub. The front of the hotel and the lobby do not do it justice. I was alittle worried at first, but was very pleased with the whole package, and the amazing price. Coupons are available in the booklets you pick up in the highway rest stops. (Was $54 with coupon). Would definately return.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2009

I haven't expected much from this hotel when booking it. When we arrived late in the evening we thought it wasn't the right hotel as the reception area was not well lit and quite small. We checked in and where asked whether we would like an adapted room (as my husband is a wheelchair user) - we then decided that we preferred one of their rooms with the large Jacuzzi tub in the room with a king sized bed. We were upgraded without an additional charge to this room and we just loved it. Ask for the newly renovated rooms as they are fabulous ! I felt right at home there and the service was next to none - everyone is extremely helpful, the hotel is clean and well looked after. I can only recommend this hotel when staying in Sidney. ( I forgot to mention: the room was huge in size). Would book this again any time.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

We stayed here while attending a wedding. The Hampton Inn in Sidney where we've stayed before was booked with soccer teams, so we chose this hotel. After our experience, the Comfort Inn will be our 1st choice over the Hampton Inn next time. We were skeptical after reading another review about the hotel's cleanliness, but this was super-clean.

We were pleasantly surprised at how nice the stay was. The hotel was very clean, including the rooms and breakfast area. The rooms are the typical hotel room, so nothing really to comment on, other than it was very clean.

The best part about our stay was the service, from the front desk attendant to the breakfast area attendant. We had to leave a message at the front desk for another guest arriving later, and we asked a few questions about nearby parks for the little kids. They easily helped with the message for the other guest and they directed us to a great park for kids with a smile and genuine friendliness. Honestly, I've never seen a better-kept breakfast area. The attendant was a wonderful lady who kept everything spotless & fully stocked. She helped guests in the most friendly way. Even the housekeeping staff was friendly in greeting us on our way out of the room in the morning. For a hotel in this class, the service felt like 5-star treatment. We were traveling with extended family, including an infant and grandparents, who were all pleased with the hotel. I defiinitely recommend this hotel to guests staying in Sidney.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Sidney? Share your experiences!