“A classic” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Piqua, Ohio, United States
“A classic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

The Spot is a throw back to the good old days of home cooking in a small restaurant. The pumpkin pies and the best in the entire region.

Visited October 2012

Greenville, South Carolina
“Frozen in time...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

OK...I was born and raised in this little town. From the time I was 4 years old (not saying how long ago that was...but believe me...more then a few decades ago..!) and my Great Aunt Alice would take me there to meet up with my other Aunts I felt right at home. Remembering the times my dad would bring home " a Spot burber( no...that is how I pronounced it...) when ever I was sick. Mustard and pickle only with a malted. To this day when I don't feel well I crave this morsel. I remember when it was all arranged differently inside AND the car hops outback. This was THE place that the teens of my day gathered after a date at the teen center. Sadly they are gone now and the interior is different. During a weekend I was home for the 45th Class reunion of the class of '67, my husband, brother and his wife joined us there for lunch. The pies are still good! (Pecan is the best!) ...the burber's (lol) tasty and oh, yes, the breaded pork tenderloins still available. My mom's favorite, as I remember was the shredded pork sandwich..with just a big ol' slice of onion and "extra broth, please". So little time and so little tummy room! Good food for a good price added with a dash of fond memories adds up to us always stopping in The Spot when we are in town.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gettysburg, Ohio
“Back In Time... in a good way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

The Spot is one of those places that you will only find in a smaller town, and it's great. Not one bit fancy at all, but you'll get good diner food prepared the old fashioned diner way. If you're not a local, and trying it for the first time, stick with the tried & true staples... A Big Buy (or Super Big Buy), Chili, Onion Rings, and the cream or custard pie. Diner food at it's best!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Old time diner.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

You place your order at the counter. When your order is up, your number is called; they call your name once they get to know you. Good diner food and service at affordable prices.

Visited November 2012
Charlottesville, Virginia
“pie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

food was great, love the home made pie. Great place . felt like a 50's diner. if i visit again, a must stop. i hear they have great breakfast.

Visited October 2012