“Spiders/Overcharge for pets/located in ghetto” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
Clinton Twp. MI
“Spiders/Overcharge for pets/located in ghetto”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Well this was my hotel choice and after seeing that HUGE spider in the tub....I should of NEVER booked this hotel. We got here after 4 hours of rain with our little Shelte. We were told that upon checkin that we would upgrade our room. Wow or so/ I thought. The room was a penthouse and it was a nice concept. It had curtains from the 60s to close out the room. There was a Huge red kool aid stain on the rug. There was tape on the wall to cover some cracks and the floor was filthy.

Our dog slipped on the stairs, so we moved back to our original room. That room was smaller and not as dirty or so I thought. The rooms ALL had outside corridors so your door opened to a staircase and where people smoked. Every 5 minutes we were walking through smoke. It was awful. Then we slept in the room that both me and my husband were very uneasy about. We decided to check out another hotel with the intention of leaving in the morning. Upon checking out, I was in the bathroom putting on my make up and the hugest spider I have EVER seen emerged up the drain and I screamed with fear. My husband ran up and killed the spider. I was horrified and very glad that we were checking out. We knew about the $75.00 non refundable pet fee but when we asked for a break, the front desk clerk said no. We were told this cost was used for carpet cleaning...really?? What was that red stain that I talked about above? Many others charge much less to have a pet...It was not to be pro-rated so we just kissed $75.00 for nothing.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Pete P, General Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati North / Sharonville, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. I know your experience was less than satisfactory, so please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. I hope you contact me personally to address your reported issues and I know we can earn back your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

This is an older style Residence Inn where the rooms are in several buildings throughout the property. The outside area was a little dated but was clean. The trees were shedding all their spring debris so that kind of made the outside look rough. The room was nice and clean and pretty updated. My air conditioning did not work well the first day but that was corrected. The bed was comfortable as most beds in any Marriott brand usually are. There is a hot breakfast provided which was very good. Make sure you check the hours because there are different hours for the week and the weekend. I was there over Memorial day and the hours were the normal weekday hours on the holiday. The hotel is also close to the highway and shopping and dining is fairly close. Overall a nice stay and I would stay there again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

The rate was really great especially for a holiday weekend. the room's were clean and the breakfast was really good. If ever in the area again I would definitely look to stay there if possible. The staff that was there at check I was really impressed with.my family had arrived before me and I wanted to stay near them. She immediately looked to make that happen without any hesitation.

• Stayed May 2014
Pete P, General Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati North / Sharonville, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
We really appreciate your response and thank you for your business. We always like to hear from our guests!
Powell, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed here for graduation. Needed an accessible room with a roll in shower, which they were able to provide at reservation time only a few weeks in advance. Basic breakfast fare in AM. Large room with bed and siiting are in one, but nice kitchenette and bathroom. I always like Residence Inns, and this one was hospitable as alway.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hope graduation went well and congratulations! Thanks for taking the time for telling us about your experience.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Pros- great customer service
good breakfast
good location, not too far from downtown
Cons- Dusty lamps, I have asthma can't stand dust!
Overall this hotel is what I look for in Residence lnn's. Hopefully they will see this review and dust. I'm usually not this picky, but when you can SEE the dust floating in the air.... that's a problem.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Very nice, upscale, spacious accommodations. Full kitchens, fireplaces, too. Very friendly, professional, staff. Very pleasant grounds. We stayed Thursday-Sunday for a wedding. Visiting family each day, we returned to the Residence Inn about 1:30am each 'night.' On Thursday night, this was not a problem but on Friday & Saturday nights there were no parking spaces left. So although our room was at the back of the complex (913), we were forced to 'make a spot' by the office at the entrance. Many of the cars there did not belong to paying guests. It was prom weekend and there were many prom goers parked there. By 5am about 1/4 of the parking spaces were empty. My suggestion is window tags w/room numbers for paying guests and numbered parking spaces.

• Stayed April 2014
Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Overall my stay at the Residence Inn in Sharonville was a very nice one. I was here for 10 nights at the end of October 2013. The staff was very friendly and helpful whenever I interacted with them. The rooms themselves are laid out nicely and were comfortable. It was nice to have a kitchen although there wasn't a frying pan which is a staple when I make anything. The breakfast was fine overall and featured a rotating menu of hot items in addition to typical continental breakfast; fruit, pastries, waffles, etc. The "gym" is a very small room containing 1 treadmill, 1 elliptical and 1 recumbent bike machine.

My only critiques of the place is purely surrounding personal preference. In the future I will not choose to stay somewhere with an outside entrance because I feel more secure within a building while traveling by myself. It was starting to get cold during my stay and the outside door let a lot of cold air (and leaves) into my room. The heat in the room itself is not very well regulated so it goes from being very cold to too warm & dry. There is also nowhere you can really get to within walking distance although there's a nice mall and lots of places to eat within a mile or two. I was also in the building closest to the interstate which goes around the property and it was very noisy.

Room Tip: Try to get a room further into the property to get away from interstate traffic noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Pete P, General Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati North / Sharonville, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
We very much appreciate your feedback and positive comments concerning your recent stay here in Cincinnati. We usually find most people enjoy the "condo" style buildings we offer vs. the traditional hotel configuration, but certainly understand your preference. We may not have mentioned that we also offer access to a large fitness facility nearby in addition to our own exercise room. You are correct that the building you were in can be a bit noisy. It is the closest to the highway unfortunately. Thanks again for being our guest and safe travels!

Been to Residence Inn Cincinnati North / Sharonville? Share your experiences!