“Average stay - wasn't blown away by front desk service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Longer Stay Offer
Ranked #6 of 16 hotels in Sharonville
Greenville, SC
“Average stay - wasn't blown away by front desk service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed here 1 night in a Studio suite. The room was nice, up to date and modern although I think a few corners were skipped in the renovation process.

I did however, really enjoy the managers cookout that they had. It was nice to grab a good dinner onsite.

Internet speed was good and the room was clean so no major complaints. But I probably would not stay here again given the number of other hotels within a 5 mile radius. I can't really pinpoint why, I just wasn't blown away or impressed for some reason.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Pete P, General Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati North / Sharonville, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, and we are glad you were able to enjoy the manager's cook-out while you were here in town. Hopefully you also enjoyed our complimentary full hot breakfast buffet in the morning. We have complimentary food and drinks every Monday-Wednesday evening, with the cook-out every Wednesday.

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Clarksburg, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My family and I stayed at this Residence Inn for 4 days for a vacation to Kings Island and the surrounding area. The hotel itself is not like a usual hotel. It is more like individual apartments. We enjoyed the privacy that this afforded. Our room was a two-room suite. The first room has a full kitchen and dining area, a living room with HDTV, a queen bedroom with another television and a bathroom. The second room is a loft with another queen bed and television. The upstairs had a separate bathroom which made it very convenient. It had everything that we needed. However, there was no iron or ironing board or hair dryer for those of you who might need those items.
The outstanding part of this hotel is the service. Check in was a breeze. The clerk was extremely friendly and informed us that we had arrived during evening social hours. So we went up to the social figuring everything would be empty due to the fact that it was the last 15 minutes. To our surprise, food was not only readily available, but what was almost gone they quickly replaced when they saw us come in. I have never been in any other hotel that did that.
However, that was only the beginning. The friendliness lasted throughout our stay. They were willing to go out of their way to be helpful. Even my 15 year old son, who never mentions anything, said that he had never seen such service before.
For those of you who may want to know more about the amenities, this hotel has a pool, fitness room and laundry room on site. They offer breakfast between 6 and 9 in the morning which does include eggs, sausage or ham, potatoes, yogurt, cereals and a few other items.
Check out was also quite simple because they leave an envelope for "quick checkout" at your door. All we had to do is call them and let them know we were leaving.
Now for those of you going to Kings Island, this hotel is about 15 minutes away.
I would highly recommend this hotel for families.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Pete P, General Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati North / Sharonville, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for your very detailed review and kind remarks. We want to let you know that hair dryers and ironing boards are usually found in the closet that is near the front entry door to your suite. Many people overlook this closet since it blends in to the wall. All of our suites should have these amenities. Please come back soon and thanks again!
East Brunswick, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed one night during Memorial Day weekend when nearly all of downtown was booked for a myriad of holiday events. The suite had your usual top notch amenities including flat panel HDTV, kitchenette, sofa, love seat, queen sized bed. Other features of the hotel included rooms divided into "Quad" buildings, similar to townhouses, which reduced noise significantly, there was also free parking, complimentary wifi, free breakfast buffet, a pool and a lounge area inside and outside.
This place is the kind of place you would want if you were doing an extended stay (>5 days) because it has laundry and several places to eat nearby. The price is reasonable as well. Last the highway is a couple minutes away therefore it makes traveling to your destination rather easy.
The room was very comfortable and had a very clean smaller bathroom, sink on the outside of room, strong shower head, and plenty of towels. The space was enough for two people, but a family might need a bit more space. The layout is open and therefore, anyone doing anything might disturb someone in your party. Also, the breakfast was pretty good. It's the kind of food you see at an IHOP. Coffee was pretty tasty as well.
Overall, the place is a strong consideration if you are traveling with kids as there are things to do onsite and nearby, and breakfast can be an added expense. However, you are not near downtown or the east side of Cincinnati, both about 15 minutes away, so plan accordingly.

Room Tip: The complimentary breakfast has hours you should be aware of.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Pete P, General Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati North / Sharonville, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for your honest feedback and positive review of our hotel. I assure you our staff appreciates your comments and we hope you decide to stay with us again while here in Cincinnati!
High Point, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

My job takes me all over the country often staying 2 to 6 weeks in a motel. It takes a lot to impress me, but this place did just that - in spades!

The facility itself is fairly typical for many Residence Inns. A complex of several buildings, each building having, the best I can tell, 8 rooms. The layout and very nice landscaping gives it a resort feel. The rooms are roomy, with a nice sitting area and a full kitchen (full sized frig, stove/oven, microwave, dishwasher, etc.) stocked with cookware, dishes, etc. My room had a fireplace, others may have double sliding doors. This is a fairly typical design for Residence Inns. This hotel is obviously not new, but it is well maintained.

So far - nice, comfortable, clean - about what I'd expect from a Marriott property. Then we get to the staff and customer service... Wow!!! Shannon was at the front desk when I checked in. She was busy, but very pleasant. The type of person you'd like to get to know personally, a real sweetheart.
They serve a full breakfast buffet every morning - the menu was varied somewhat, but after 3 weeks it did get repetitive. There's only so much you can do with a breakfast buffet. The lady who tends to the buffet is April. She is the star of the show. Everyone in our group of about 30+ was treated like family by this gal. She knew my name (and it seemed everyone's who was staying at the property) the first day. Imagine how impressed and welcomed everyone feels when they are greeted by name every day at breakfast. She learned my eating preferences, and often would say something like "We're having sausage, egg and cheese biscuits this morning, but I made a couple without the sausage for you." Another time, when I told her that I'd be working late and wouldn't see her for the evening buffet, she made a plate from the evening menu and delivered it to my room. I've been to a lot of motels, but never had that kind of personal service. (April and I are now Facebook friends.)

I wasn't the only one. Another member of our group was chatting with Jennifer (I think) and mentioned to her that he had a hankering for a really good peach cobbler. That girl - on her day off!!! - made him a small peach cobbler and brought it in for him!

I used to think that the best customer service I ever had was at the Ritz Carlton chain - humph! They are taught to be polite there - here it is a real love for the people they serve. My hat is off to the management that finds these people and keeps them.

Speaking of management... On the next to last night here, the manager organized a going away party for our group, and personally grilled hamburgers, chicken breasts, hot dogs and wings for our group along with all the fixin's.

Bottom line - a very nice, comfortable property with world-class service tucked away in the suburbs of Cincinnati. If you're going to be in the area for more than just one night, you must, must, must stay here to experience the love.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms close to entrance, you may experience some road noise from the Interstate which i...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Pete P, Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati North / Sharonville, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Wow! Thank you so much for your kind comments and I will pass this along to the entire staff. We really enjoyed your group and we hope you come back soon!
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

On a trip to visit friends this is our third stay at the hotel. Found the staff well trained and willing to help. The breakfast buffet was nicely organized and well stocked. Room were nicely equippped and very clean. Hard to find wastebasket but solved after a room search.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We really appreciate your remarks and will use these comments in our meetings to further our understanding of the guest perspective. We hope you come back soon!
dayton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I do a lot of traveling and have stayed in a lot of hotels. This one so far is my favorite. The customer service was wonderful. (Thanks Matt) The rooms were clean, maintained very well and newly updated. The room did not have that old musty smell like most hotels. The furniture appeared clean and well kept, I was not afraid to sit on the couch. Very nice kitchenette with useable dishware and the bed was ridiculously soft. Wonderful nights sleep. This place will truly surprise you especially for the price.

Room Tip: Room closer to office
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the feedback and please come back soon. We are happy you found our rooms clean and comfortable. We also think our room rates are very attractive!
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This place is fantastic for Business Travel. I stayed there, on and off, for seven weeks. The staff was friendly and incredible. They did anything they could, within reasonable limits, to ensure that my stay went well. The kitchen/dining room staff was also exceptional. April Lynn makes you feel at home and they go above and beyond with the food they offer. I would definitely stay here again if doing business in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Cincinnati North / Sharonville? Share your experiences!