“Best Ever Extended Stay Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Gas Card Giveaway
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
High Point, North Carolina
“Best Ever Extended Stay Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

My job takes me all over the country often staying 2 to 6 weeks in a motel. It takes a lot to impress me, but this place did just that - in spades!

The facility itself is fairly typical for many Residence Inns. A complex of several buildings, each building having, the best I can tell, 8 rooms. The layout and very nice landscaping gives it a resort feel. The rooms are roomy, with a nice sitting area and a full kitchen (full sized frig, stove/oven, microwave, dishwasher, etc.) stocked with cookware, dishes, etc. My room had a fireplace, others may have double sliding doors. This is a fairly typical design for Residence Inns. This hotel is obviously not new, but it is well maintained.

So far - nice, comfortable, clean - about what I'd expect from a Marriott property. Then we get to the staff and customer service... Wow!!! Shannon was at the front desk when I checked in. She was busy, but very pleasant. The type of person you'd like to get to know personally, a real sweetheart.
They serve a full breakfast buffet every morning - the menu was varied somewhat, but after 3 weeks it did get repetitive. There's only so much you can do with a breakfast buffet. The lady who tends to the buffet is April. She is the star of the show. Everyone in our group of about 30+ was treated like family by this gal. She knew my name (and it seemed everyone's who was staying at the property) the first day. Imagine how impressed and welcomed everyone feels when they are greeted by name every day at breakfast. She learned my eating preferences, and often would say something like "We're having sausage, egg and cheese biscuits this morning, but I made a couple without the sausage for you." Another time, when I told her that I'd be working late and wouldn't see her for the evening buffet, she made a plate from the evening menu and delivered it to my room. I've been to a lot of motels, but never had that kind of personal service. (April and I are now Facebook friends.)

I wasn't the only one. Another member of our group was chatting with Jennifer (I think) and mentioned to her that he had a hankering for a really good peach cobbler. That girl - on her day off!!! - made him a small peach cobbler and brought it in for him!

I used to think that the best customer service I ever had was at the Ritz Carlton chain - humph! They are taught to be polite there - here it is a real love for the people they serve. My hat is off to the management that finds these people and keeps them.

Speaking of management... On the next to last night here, the manager organized a going away party for our group, and personally grilled hamburgers, chicken breasts, hot dogs and wings for our group along with all the fixin's.

Bottom line - a very nice, comfortable property with world-class service tucked away in the suburbs of Cincinnati. If you're going to be in the area for more than just one night, you must, must, must stay here to experience the love.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms close to entrance, you may experience some road noise from the Interstate which i...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Pete P, Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati North / Sharonville, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Wow! Thank you so much for your kind comments and I will pass this along to the entire staff. We really enjoyed your group and we hope you come back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

On a trip to visit friends this is our third stay at the hotel. Found the staff well trained and willing to help. The breakfast buffet was nicely organized and well stocked. Room were nicely equippped and very clean. Hard to find wastebasket but solved after a room search.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We really appreciate your remarks and will use these comments in our meetings to further our understanding of the guest perspective. We hope you come back soon!
dayton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I do a lot of traveling and have stayed in a lot of hotels. This one so far is my favorite. The customer service was wonderful. (Thanks Matt) The rooms were clean, maintained very well and newly updated. The room did not have that old musty smell like most hotels. The furniture appeared clean and well kept, I was not afraid to sit on the couch. Very nice kitchenette with useable dishware and the bed was ridiculously soft. Wonderful nights sleep. This place will truly surprise you especially for the price.

Room Tip: Room closer to office
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the feedback and please come back soon. We are happy you found our rooms clean and comfortable. We also think our room rates are very attractive!
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This place is fantastic for Business Travel. I stayed there, on and off, for seven weeks. The staff was friendly and incredible. They did anything they could, within reasonable limits, to ensure that my stay went well. The kitchen/dining room staff was also exceptional. April Lynn makes you feel at home and they go above and beyond with the food they offer. I would definitely stay here again if doing business in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I've stayed at this location several times - generally when in need of shelter after a minor catastrophe at home (flood, broken furnace, etc.). The last time (before this stay) our family sought out emergency placement here I was pretty much set on the idea that it would be our last. We ran into quite a few "questionable guests" both on the grounds and in the dining areas; it gave the impression of being a drop-in site more so than a moderately-high priced hotel ($140 per night). Late into the night (we had to go to work/school the next morning) we were disturbed by slamming doors and conversations being held outside. Furthermore, we were awakened at 5:00am by the high-pitched siren on the garbage trucks as they emptied the dumpster located next to the building in which we were staying. Definitely not a comfortable stay!
However, recently after another need for a short stay away from home, and with a Marriott discount, we decided to give this location another try mostly due to the accessiblity to inter-states 75 & 275 (work & school travel) and home-like facilities (kitchen, laundry, etc.). Front desk personnel was very welcoming and after discovering our situation arranged for a unit that would be more comfortable for our family of four. Instead of putting us in the penthouse set up we were familiar with, she suggested a two-bedroom, two level set up that had a first level wall-enclosed bedroom instead of simply a privacy curtain. Additionally, the unit was located in a building on the edge of the property. At first the fact that the building was in the very back was a security concern to us, however, after seeing the unit and spending one night in sublime quiet, we were thanking her for the placement!
The evening "light fare" that is served Mon-Wed was enough to serve as a meal and the staff that worked the area is very friendly and helpful, providing take-out containers or wrap when food was taken out and keeping a close eye on items that were running low. The hot breakfast was great, and this was the first time I have seen a hotel's morning options include french toast. Although the various members of management we encountered were professional and accommodating, a stand-out staff member was Jennifer, who worked breakfast hours and started our (very early) days with a bright smile and a demeanor that made the inconvenience of being displaced a lot easier. Finally, we were extremely pleased with the housekeeping services. Since we left very early in the mornings, the kids did not have much time to pick up after themselves, yet we returned to a spotless unit with folded pajamas and neatly placed shoes; they even loaded and ran the dishwasher. It left me wishing I had a full-time housekeeper at home!
Residence Inn Cincinnati North/Sharonville won me back with this stay!

Room Tip: Building 14 and the one next to it (in back away from the parking lot) are very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Aubnurn Hills, MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have stayed here before and never had this problem. I awoke and realized I had a pain on my thigh. Before i could move I realized something was crawling on my leg. I jumped up to find a huge spider in the bed and bites on my thigh. I took photos and caught the spider in a glass from the kitchen. I put the spider in the freezer to kill it in case the bites made me sick.
There was no one at the front desk at 2am.

Freaked out I went to WalMart on CIN-DAY Rd and bought bug spray at 2am. I came back and ripped the room apart spraying everything. I found 2 more spiders. One in the bathroom and one beside the stove.

I took the spider and the photos to the front desk and they treated me like I was trying to scam them for a free room. Nothing was done. I went to the Drury Inn down the street.

Room Tip: Go to the Drury Inn
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Georgetown, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was a much nicer place than what I had expected. Everything was absolutely great. We had a very long weekend, and when we booked this hotel, we were expecting just that-a hotel. The staff made us feel like we were home, and the "welcome basket" even had popcorn (our favorite evening snack.) We were slightly worried about cleanliness/bugs (we are pretty picky when it comes to this,) however there was not a bug in sight, and the room was immaculate. The bed was INCREDIBLY comfortable, the linens were clean and plush, and our room was stocked with real silverware, cups/glasses, a full sized microwave, cook top, and a dishwasher! We will not be staying ANYWHERE ELSE again! Thank you for such a wonderful stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sharonville
Drury Inn & Suites Cincinnati North
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Cincinnati North / Sharonville
LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville
Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Sharonville

Been to Residence Inn Cincinnati North / Sharonville? Share your experiences!