“Well managed and run” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
Cleveland, Ohio
“Well managed and run”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

On a trip to visit friends this is our third stay at the hotel. Found the staff well trained and willing to help. The breakfast buffet was nicely organized and well stocked. Room were nicely equippped and very clean. Hard to find wastebasket but solved after a room search.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Pete P, Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati North / Sharonville, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
We really appreciate your remarks and will use these comments in our meetings to further our understanding of the guest perspective. We hope you come back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
dayton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I do a lot of traveling and have stayed in a lot of hotels. This one so far is my favorite. The customer service was wonderful. (Thanks Matt) The rooms were clean, maintained very well and newly updated. The room did not have that old musty smell like most hotels. The furniture appeared clean and well kept, I was not afraid to sit on the couch. Very nice kitchenette with useable dishware and the bed was ridiculously soft. Wonderful nights sleep. This place will truly surprise you especially for the price.

Room Tip: Room closer to office
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the feedback and please come back soon. We are happy you found our rooms clean and comfortable. We also think our room rates are very attractive!
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This place is fantastic for Business Travel. I stayed there, on and off, for seven weeks. The staff was friendly and incredible. They did anything they could, within reasonable limits, to ensure that my stay went well. The kitchen/dining room staff was also exceptional. April Lynn makes you feel at home and they go above and beyond with the food they offer. I would definitely stay here again if doing business in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I've stayed at this location several times - generally when in need of shelter after a minor catastrophe at home (flood, broken furnace, etc.). The last time (before this stay) our family sought out emergency placement here I was pretty much set on the idea that it would be our last. We ran into quite a few "questionable guests" both on the grounds and in the dining areas; it gave the impression of being a drop-in site more so than a moderately-high priced hotel ($140 per night). Late into the night (we had to go to work/school the next morning) we were disturbed by slamming doors and conversations being held outside. Furthermore, we were awakened at 5:00am by the high-pitched siren on the garbage trucks as they emptied the dumpster located next to the building in which we were staying. Definitely not a comfortable stay!
However, recently after another need for a short stay away from home, and with a Marriott discount, we decided to give this location another try mostly due to the accessiblity to inter-states 75 & 275 (work & school travel) and home-like facilities (kitchen, laundry, etc.). Front desk personnel was very welcoming and after discovering our situation arranged for a unit that would be more comfortable for our family of four. Instead of putting us in the penthouse set up we were familiar with, she suggested a two-bedroom, two level set up that had a first level wall-enclosed bedroom instead of simply a privacy curtain. Additionally, the unit was located in a building on the edge of the property. At first the fact that the building was in the very back was a security concern to us, however, after seeing the unit and spending one night in sublime quiet, we were thanking her for the placement!
The evening "light fare" that is served Mon-Wed was enough to serve as a meal and the staff that worked the area is very friendly and helpful, providing take-out containers or wrap when food was taken out and keeping a close eye on items that were running low. The hot breakfast was great, and this was the first time I have seen a hotel's morning options include french toast. Although the various members of management we encountered were professional and accommodating, a stand-out staff member was Jennifer, who worked breakfast hours and started our (very early) days with a bright smile and a demeanor that made the inconvenience of being displaced a lot easier. Finally, we were extremely pleased with the housekeeping services. Since we left very early in the mornings, the kids did not have much time to pick up after themselves, yet we returned to a spotless unit with folded pajamas and neatly placed shoes; they even loaded and ran the dishwasher. It left me wishing I had a full-time housekeeper at home!
Residence Inn Cincinnati North/Sharonville won me back with this stay!

Room Tip: Building 14 and the one next to it (in back away from the parking lot) are very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Aubnurn Hills, MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have stayed here before and never had this problem. I awoke and realized I had a pain on my thigh. Before i could move I realized something was crawling on my leg. I jumped up to find a huge spider in the bed and bites on my thigh. I took photos and caught the spider in a glass from the kitchen. I put the spider in the freezer to kill it in case the bites made me sick.
There was no one at the front desk at 2am.

Freaked out I went to WalMart on CIN-DAY Rd and bought bug spray at 2am. I came back and ripped the room apart spraying everything. I found 2 more spiders. One in the bathroom and one beside the stove.

I took the spider and the photos to the front desk and they treated me like I was trying to scam them for a free room. Nothing was done. I went to the Drury Inn down the street.

Room Tip: Go to the Drury Inn
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Georgetown, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was a much nicer place than what I had expected. Everything was absolutely great. We had a very long weekend, and when we booked this hotel, we were expecting just that-a hotel. The staff made us feel like we were home, and the "welcome basket" even had popcorn (our favorite evening snack.) We were slightly worried about cleanliness/bugs (we are pretty picky when it comes to this,) however there was not a bug in sight, and the room was immaculate. The bed was INCREDIBLY comfortable, the linens were clean and plush, and our room was stocked with real silverware, cups/glasses, a full sized microwave, cook top, and a dishwasher! We will not be staying ANYWHERE ELSE again! Thank you for such a wonderful stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

This is my second stay at this location. The first time I did not have a very good opinion about hotel. It was really due to how I felt night staff handled a situation. Decided to give hotel a second chance. All in all it was an excellent experience. It was then and still is a very clean hotel. I do love the rooms. We had several rooms including a suite. Staff was wonderful and very, very accommodating. Totally different from last time I felt with night staff. Breakfast is best I think. Only way it could be better is if it was cook to order and that's not happening.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Residence Inn Cincinnati North / Sharonville? Share your experiences!