“Home close to home” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Sharonville
Ohio
“Home close to home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I've stayed at this location several times - generally when in need of shelter after a minor catastrophe at home (flood, broken furnace, etc.). The last time (before this stay) our family sought out emergency placement here I was pretty much set on the idea that it would be our last. We ran into quite a few "questionable guests" both on the grounds and in the dining areas; it gave the impression of being a drop-in site more so than a moderately-high priced hotel ($140 per night). Late into the night (we had to go to work/school the next morning) we were disturbed by slamming doors and conversations being held outside. Furthermore, we were awakened at 5:00am by the high-pitched siren on the garbage trucks as they emptied the dumpster located next to the building in which we were staying. Definitely not a comfortable stay!
However, recently after another need for a short stay away from home, and with a Marriott discount, we decided to give this location another try mostly due to the accessiblity to inter-states 75 & 275 (work & school travel) and home-like facilities (kitchen, laundry, etc.). Front desk personnel was very welcoming and after discovering our situation arranged for a unit that would be more comfortable for our family of four. Instead of putting us in the penthouse set up we were familiar with, she suggested a two-bedroom, two level set up that had a first level wall-enclosed bedroom instead of simply a privacy curtain. Additionally, the unit was located in a building on the edge of the property. At first the fact that the building was in the very back was a security concern to us, however, after seeing the unit and spending one night in sublime quiet, we were thanking her for the placement!
The evening "light fare" that is served Mon-Wed was enough to serve as a meal and the staff that worked the area is very friendly and helpful, providing take-out containers or wrap when food was taken out and keeping a close eye on items that were running low. The hot breakfast was great, and this was the first time I have seen a hotel's morning options include french toast. Although the various members of management we encountered were professional and accommodating, a stand-out staff member was Jennifer, who worked breakfast hours and started our (very early) days with a bright smile and a demeanor that made the inconvenience of being displaced a lot easier. Finally, we were extremely pleased with the housekeeping services. Since we left very early in the mornings, the kids did not have much time to pick up after themselves, yet we returned to a spotless unit with folded pajamas and neatly placed shoes; they even loaded and ran the dishwasher. It left me wishing I had a full-time housekeeper at home!
Residence Inn Cincinnati North/Sharonville won me back with this stay!

Room Tip: Building 14 and the one next to it (in back away from the parking lot) are very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Aubnurn Hills, MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have stayed here before and never had this problem. I awoke and realized I had a pain on my thigh. Before i could move I realized something was crawling on my leg. I jumped up to find a huge spider in the bed and bites on my thigh. I took photos and caught the spider in a glass from the kitchen. I put the spider in the freezer to kill it in case the bites made me sick.
There was no one at the front desk at 2am.

Freaked out I went to WalMart on CIN-DAY Rd and bought bug spray at 2am. I came back and ripped the room apart spraying everything. I found 2 more spiders. One in the bathroom and one beside the stove.

I took the spider and the photos to the front desk and they treated me like I was trying to scam them for a free room. Nothing was done. I went to the Drury Inn down the street.

Room Tip: Go to the Drury Inn
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Georgetown, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was a much nicer place than what I had expected. Everything was absolutely great. We had a very long weekend, and when we booked this hotel, we were expecting just that-a hotel. The staff made us feel like we were home, and the "welcome basket" even had popcorn (our favorite evening snack.) We were slightly worried about cleanliness/bugs (we are pretty picky when it comes to this,) however there was not a bug in sight, and the room was immaculate. The bed was INCREDIBLY comfortable, the linens were clean and plush, and our room was stocked with real silverware, cups/glasses, a full sized microwave, cook top, and a dishwasher! We will not be staying ANYWHERE ELSE again! Thank you for such a wonderful stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is my second stay at this location. The first time I did not have a very good opinion about hotel. It was really due to how I felt night staff handled a situation. Decided to give hotel a second chance. All in all it was an excellent experience. It was then and still is a very clean hotel. I do love the rooms. We had several rooms including a suite. Staff was wonderful and very, very accommodating. Totally different from last time I felt with night staff. Breakfast is best I think. Only way it could be better is if it was cook to order and that's not happening.

• Stayed September 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed here off and on for the past 4 years while in town on business. The recent remodel has gave it a fresh look. Staff has always been excellent. The neighborhood isnt the best but I have always felt safe even when I have my family with me. Lots to see and do in town, easy access on and off the highway. Reasonable rates for quality hotel.

Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Elyria, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Our family of four stayed for three nights on a recent trip to the area. We like to stay at Residence Inn properties because of the spacious rooms and the option to prepare meals in the room instead of eating out. The part of town it is in looks a little run-down and the hotel itself is at the end of a dead-end street. The 'penthouse" room we were assigned, which has a bedroom with a king-sized bed on the main floor and a queen-sized bed on the loft, was clean and quiet, but it lacked a door on the main floor bedroom. The Residence Inns we have stayed at before had bedroom doors on the main floor room. The kitchen had updated appliances, including a dishwasher, electric range, refrigerator and an over-the-range microwave. They were clean, aside from the fact that they were a bit dusty, like the room had not been occupied in a while. There were three TVs in the room, all with the same crummy reception.
The pool and the area around it was clean and the kids used it a few times.
The free daily breakfast buffet and free dinner two of the three nights we stayed saved us a considerable amount on meals. The staff was wonderful, especially the hostess at the buffet. She was very sweet to our kids, so much in fact that our nine-year old wants to stay there again just to visit her!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We took a trip to kings island and decided to stay here. Our room was a pent house it has a bed room up and one down. Very clean, bathroom stocked well. Kitchen was very clean and well stocked with dishes pots and pans. This is a great hotel especially if your traveling with the children

• Stayed August 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sharonville
Drury Inn & Suites Cincinnati North
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville
LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville
Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Sharonville
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Cincinnati North / Sharonville

Been to Residence Inn Cincinnati North / Sharonville? Share your experiences!