“Bring Your Spider Repellent” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Longer Stay Offer
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
Aubnurn Hills, MI
“Bring Your Spider Repellent”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have stayed here before and never had this problem. I awoke and realized I had a pain on my thigh. Before i could move I realized something was crawling on my leg. I jumped up to find a huge spider in the bed and bites on my thigh. I took photos and caught the spider in a glass from the kitchen. I put the spider in the freezer to kill it in case the bites made me sick.
There was no one at the front desk at 2am.

Freaked out I went to WalMart on CIN-DAY Rd and bought bug spray at 2am. I came back and ripped the room apart spraying everything. I found 2 more spiders. One in the bathroom and one beside the stove.

I took the spider and the photos to the front desk and they treated me like I was trying to scam them for a free room. Nothing was done. I went to the Drury Inn down the street.

Room Tip: Go to the Drury Inn
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Georgetown, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was a much nicer place than what I had expected. Everything was absolutely great. We had a very long weekend, and when we booked this hotel, we were expecting just that-a hotel. The staff made us feel like we were home, and the "welcome basket" even had popcorn (our favorite evening snack.) We were slightly worried about cleanliness/bugs (we are pretty picky when it comes to this,) however there was not a bug in sight, and the room was immaculate. The bed was INCREDIBLY comfortable, the linens were clean and plush, and our room was stocked with real silverware, cups/glasses, a full sized microwave, cook top, and a dishwasher! We will not be staying ANYWHERE ELSE again! Thank you for such a wonderful stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

This is my second stay at this location. The first time I did not have a very good opinion about hotel. It was really due to how I felt night staff handled a situation. Decided to give hotel a second chance. All in all it was an excellent experience. It was then and still is a very clean hotel. I do love the rooms. We had several rooms including a suite. Staff was wonderful and very, very accommodating. Totally different from last time I felt with night staff. Breakfast is best I think. Only way it could be better is if it was cook to order and that's not happening.

• Stayed September 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed here off and on for the past 4 years while in town on business. The recent remodel has gave it a fresh look. Staff has always been excellent. The neighborhood isnt the best but I have always felt safe even when I have my family with me. Lots to see and do in town, easy access on and off the highway. Reasonable rates for quality hotel.

Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Elyria, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Our family of four stayed for three nights on a recent trip to the area. We like to stay at Residence Inn properties because of the spacious rooms and the option to prepare meals in the room instead of eating out. The part of town it is in looks a little run-down and the hotel itself is at the end of a dead-end street. The 'penthouse" room we were assigned, which has a bedroom with a king-sized bed on the main floor and a queen-sized bed on the loft, was clean and quiet, but it lacked a door on the main floor bedroom. The Residence Inns we have stayed at before had bedroom doors on the main floor room. The kitchen had updated appliances, including a dishwasher, electric range, refrigerator and an over-the-range microwave. They were clean, aside from the fact that they were a bit dusty, like the room had not been occupied in a while. There were three TVs in the room, all with the same crummy reception.
The pool and the area around it was clean and the kids used it a few times.
The free daily breakfast buffet and free dinner two of the three nights we stayed saved us a considerable amount on meals. The staff was wonderful, especially the hostess at the buffet. She was very sweet to our kids, so much in fact that our nine-year old wants to stay there again just to visit her!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

We took a trip to kings island and decided to stay here. Our room was a pent house it has a bed room up and one down. Very clean, bathroom stocked well. Kitchen was very clean and well stocked with dishes pots and pans. This is a great hotel especially if your traveling with the children

• Stayed August 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I love this hotel! It's actually one of my favourites in Cincinnati.

This is not the typical newer Residence Inn it's more of the older style with almost individual townehomes and the front desk/main area building. So some people who are solo travelers or who do not like older properties this isnt for you. But it's definatly worth giving it a try!.

It looks like they have remolded the guest rooms. The guest rooms have full kitchenettes and some have fireplaces, plenty of closet space, individual temperature control and flat screen tvs with foreign channels as well. It's very homely and a mixture of being home and being at a hotel which I find very unique in a good way.

Monday through Wednesday they have evening socials which are very nice and located in the main building. Breakfast is buffett style and though they do not have really a very large selection they do replenish very well and the breakfast attendants are very nice.

There is an outside pool which I didn't use but will next time. There is also a firepit outside available 24hours and a grill with outside seating. Near this are is the buiding with the coin operated laundry.

The wifi can be slow or non exisitant depending on how far away from the main building you are but there is hardwired hookup.

It's within walking distance to a small gas station though I wouldnt recommened going to in the early am's unless with someone else. There are plenty of resturants nearby as well and shopping. It's pretty much a safe neighborhood for Cincinnati.

I really would recommened staying here for anyone in the sharonville area, I have stayed countless times and will continue to do so in the future.

Room Tip: For wifi ask for a room near the main building and a low floor room otherwise you will have to take...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Cincinnati North / Sharonville? Share your experiences!