“Great property!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 16 hotels in Sharonville
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great property!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I love this hotel! It's actually one of my favourites in Cincinnati.

This is not the typical newer Residence Inn it's more of the older style with almost individual townehomes and the front desk/main area building. So some people who are solo travelers or who do not like older properties this isnt for you. But it's definatly worth giving it a try!.

It looks like they have remolded the guest rooms. The guest rooms have full kitchenettes and some have fireplaces, plenty of closet space, individual temperature control and flat screen tvs with foreign channels as well. It's very homely and a mixture of being home and being at a hotel which I find very unique in a good way.

Monday through Wednesday they have evening socials which are very nice and located in the main building. Breakfast is buffett style and though they do not have really a very large selection they do replenish very well and the breakfast attendants are very nice.

There is an outside pool which I didn't use but will next time. There is also a firepit outside available 24hours and a grill with outside seating. Near this are is the buiding with the coin operated laundry.

The wifi can be slow or non exisitant depending on how far away from the main building you are but there is hardwired hookup.

It's within walking distance to a small gas station though I wouldnt recommened going to in the early am's unless with someone else. There are plenty of resturants nearby as well and shopping. It's pretty much a safe neighborhood for Cincinnati.

I really would recommened staying here for anyone in the sharonville area, I have stayed countless times and will continue to do so in the future.

Room Tip: For wifi ask for a room near the main building and a low floor room otherwise you will have to take...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Duncansville Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

After reading all the bad press on here I got a little worried but I always know you can't make everyone happy. When I got to the hotel I checked in and the front desk was really friendly and I asked to have a room away from the Highway from reading the reviews, she gave me a room in 1422 way in the back, I stayed in the Loft room WOW I have never seen such a nice Beautiful room in all my years of staying in hotels, Full Kitchen with Ref and stove and Microwave Range over Stove with dishwasher and full set of dishwear and cooking items. A Fireplace on the wall and each Bed had there own Bathroom with 3 flat screen T.V. The BEST thing about this room was the BED it was like sleeping on a Cloud, It was one of the best nights of sleep I ever had pillows were also soft, and the towels were all new or seemed to be new. There was a outside Firepit that was really relaxing as well. Didn't bring my swim trunks but they did have a pool. We were in town for the Pirates game against Cincy. The next morning we had Breakfast upstairs above fron desk, this is the only thing I could see where people could complain about, it was really small room, but there was a range of food to choice from, between eggs and wafflles, potatoes and cereal. This is why I never trust the reviews on this site because people will complain about everything in life you can't make everyone happy.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

We aways stay Residence Inns. New York, California, Michigan. Never experienced anything like this. We normally stay at BlueAsh Residence but some how this trip stayed at Sharonville. Number one it is in a not to safe atmosphere. One those cheap hotels next to it on a dead end street. Highway literally across the street. Veto your going to get noise from that. All this being said I still was hoping for the best. Well that went out the door when I heard noise and people hanging out by the room we were assigned to. I immediately requested a change. We got reassigned across from that set of rooms. So that night was ok. The next night the night I am actually writing this review was quite different. Let me start by saying I have never ever ever ever encountered at stay like it and will make sure it never happens again. Mind you i have with me my wife two children and in another room my brother in law his wife and two kids. At night again there was hanging out. Same group of people but looks like a few roomed above us. So they had hip hop music with base bumping and people loittering. We complained again but now this is a new manager on duty. She said she would send security. Well hours later no change. We called but them again but it just didn't really seem this supervisor cared enough. So we asked to be moved a 2nd time. I dont like having to move at 12 am. We began moving and not sure but some how the people found out I complained. They started saying things. One even tried to engage me in discussing things. I avoided them. Never talk to people who have been drinking This whole seen is something that happens in bad neighborhoods or at bars or clubs. I don't expect this at a well known hotel chain like a Residence Inn.

• Stayed August 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed in the penthouse with 4 adults & 2 kids. Great layout with a queen bedroom and full bath upstairs. only complaint is that It is an open concept so it can be bit noisy with 3 tvs going. Bottom floor bedroom is separated from living area by a large curtain which was fine for us. Pullout sleeper slept 2 kids. No DVD player which was a bummer when we got rained in one evening. They had a free cookout Wednesday which was a nice touch and much appreciated after a long day of travel. Free hot breakfast was decent. Granite counter tops & stainless steel appliances with dishwasher; very clean and updated decor. Staff very friendly & accommodating. Pool was dirty first night we were there but I saw them cleaning it next morning; hot tub very dirty and unusable. Weather was hot but it was still gross to look at while by the pool. Good home base for kings island which was 20 mins away. I would stay here again.

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed here to get the extra bedroom and bathroom. Unfortunately, neither sleeping area is private, although having the extra bathroom was good. The ice maker in our room didn't work either.

The worst part of our stay was the noise. We were awakened at 3am by people partying in the parking lot. The next day our neighbors had a domestic argument that almost had us calling the police! Every word said could be heard in our place.

My overall view of Residence Inn was a negative one, and I won't stay in one again. I prefer Homewood suites whenever available.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I've started writing reviews of Marriott hotels because I find a big variation among them. This one is at the bottom end. It's not that it's terrible, but lots of small things add up. The staff were not unfriendly, but definitely not friendly. The workout room was downright clausterphobic. There was a huge crack in one of the windows in my room that had a piece of tape over it to hold it together. There was a wet rag hanging on the shower curtain rod when we checked in. With so many other options around, I'd consider a different hotel in this area.

Louisville, Ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Had the 2 bdrm with the loft. Enough room for the wife and three children. Have added nice LG flat screens since our last stay there. The staff at the front desk were very pleasant to deal with smiling and cheerful. Only negatives our room did smell like stale cigarette smoke upon entering it although it is non smoking for all rooms I do believe. Also the pool could have used a little cleaning, lots of dead bugs in the water. Overall though a good place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Cincinnati North / Sharonville? Share your experiences!