“Fido Will Love It” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
Columbus, Ohio
“Fido Will Love It”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

While the hotel is by no means "fancy", it is a decent place to stay if you're not looking for frills and need a place to crash with your furry friends.

With the hotel being pet-friendly, the natural concern is that the place will smell like a kennell. Let me explain it this way: if I didn't know the place accepted pets, and I didn't see them in the lobby, I'd have no idea pets were allowed in this hotel. Our room was clean, the lobby and all the common areas were immaculate. There was never a hint of dog smell anywhere on the property.

I'd give the free breakfast a C+. During the week they had fresh waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits, and gravy among the hot selections. On the weekend you lose the eggs and sausage. Otherwise it's standard continental breakfast fare; cereal, bagels, fruit, etc. Nothing was bad, it was just very average. I suppose if you were paying for it you'd be disappointed, but as a free option it's hard to complain a lot.

The workout area was average. There were a couple treadmills, steppers, and ellipticals. Unfortunately there were no weights or other machines. The biggest gripe is probably that the workout area is right next to the pool which made it extremely hot and humid. The pool itself looked okay and was decent size.

All in all if you're looking for a place to crash and don't expect too much in the way of luxury, it's hard to go wrong with La Quinta.

Room Tip: Our room faced I-75 and the road noise was noticeable but not terrible.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and I (and two dogs) spent the night here on our way to Michigan - I selected this hotel because it was a good stopping point for the day, and they were pet friendly. Our room was very clean, with a huge king size bed, the staff very friendly, and the breakfast excellent. We would stay here again in a heartbeat! D & T, Atlanta, GA

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We loved our stay and will be back. Heidi was very attentive to our questions, such great customer service! I hope she is working during our next stay!Heidi at the front desk was what made our visit such a success. She has such wonderful people skills and was professional with great customer service. We will definitely be back. Heidi even set us up for another visit before we left.

• Stayed July 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The hotel was very easy to find and it was easy to go places because it was right by the entrance to the highway. very clean and comfortable hotel and the staff was very friendly. i didn't go down to breakfast either morning so i can't comment on that.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This location was part of a package I purchased and honestly I expected to be disappointed. I have previously had a poor experience with La Quinta and have not stayed with the chain in many years. I was pleasantly surprised at how open and large the lobby was. There was seating to the right of the entrance and the front desk was readily visible on the left. I was greeted and quickly registered. My room was clean and quite a bit larger than I expected. The bathroom was a little small but functional. I liked that there was also a mirror outside the bathroom that helped facilitate more than one person getting ready. The breakfast is the typical fruit, cold cereal and waffles that many chains offer. The only negative from my visit is that a member of my party forgot their laptop and initially when the hotel was called to retrieve it they stated that it wasn't there. After multiple calls, and what seems someone actually looking in the room, the laptop was found. Overall, this was a nice place to stay and I would recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

If it weren't for Heidi, I can't say I would return. I like a hotel room to be a bit more luxurious than they offer. I would suggest a remodeling job in the near future. However, the service makes up for it. The front desk was better than any five star hotel could offer! I needed some suggestions for local businesses, and she was so knowledgable. All of her recommendations were right on! Then she went over and above her job requirements by actually calling some friends and family members for some other suggestions, and left them for me at the front desk. When I returned I had a list of other personal suggestions. She was amazing and I can't wait to visit again!!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville? Share your experiences!