“Terrific pool area” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 16 hotels in Sharonville
Toronto
“Terrific pool area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed overnight on our way down to Florida. The lady at check in was very nice and friendly and gave us a good deal considering it was around 3 in the morning. The room is very nice and clean and a good size. Breakfast was good and the staff member there was very nice. I think his name was Mike but I might be mistaken. the pool area was fantastic - the pool itself is big and there are a lot of tables and chairs surrounding it. The hot tub is huge and was great. There's even a little play area for little kids. What really set this place apart is that my wife forgot a pair of earrings there but only noticed it when we got to Florida. We called the hotel and they actually tracked it down in a pile of linen. They were so helpful and patient while we arranged pickup with UPS - especially Nicole. Really left quite the impression with us.

301 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed here for one night and the bed was wonderful. I didn't have a swimsuit handy, but the indoor pool and hot tub area looked clean and fun. Close to restaurants. Some remodeling, but not enough to hinder a great stay. Breakfast hit the spot and the coffee was tasty! Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are available if needed. Choose a room away from the elevator and ones that face the e...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Amherstburg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed here over the Christmas holiday for 7 nights and got an excellent full week price. The breakfast was very good, lobby was spacious, and the pool and hot tub were nice to relax in after a hectic day. Would strongly recommend this LaQuinta for families even as a mid-winter getaway.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

The only reason I am not giving this hotel a 5 star rating is that the beds were full size, not queen size. I knew they were not queen size when I booked the room, but they sure seemed small. That was the only bad part. It was very clean, the breakfast was very good and my grandson really enjoyed the indoor pool. One other thing I would have preferred is coffee in the lobby. They only had a single cup coffee maker in the room with only 2 packets of coffee. Not enough for 4 people staying. But, they did give us more packets when asked. Oh, I forgot, the water was not hot in the morning. Warm enough, but not hot. It was hot in the evening.

Hustonville, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Our visit was so my husband could have surgery so we weren't there for a fun weekend. However, this hotel was very nice. The lobby was large and well decorated. We were there at Christmas time and it was very festive. The pool area was so inviting, don't forget your swim suit. The rooms were good size, though the bathroom was small. The beds and chair were comfortable and everything felt very clean. The breakfast included hot items such as biscuits, gravy, eggs, and sausage. The dining area was large and the hostess kept it very clean and pleasant.

The value of the hotel was great. Our rate from their online site was only $65. This isn't a 5 star property that should have charged $500 per night! Don't get me wrong. But, for the price, and even for a price of around $100 per night, the value was good. The location was great for us, but I don't know what is around that area.

I have one complaint, and it isn't against LQ but about their guests! LQ's are great for travelers with pets. We always count on them to accept us at their property. Why can't pet owners repay that kindness by picking up after their pets? It is disgusting and wrong of a guest to treat someone's property that way.

Room Tip: We did not have any outside noise, but I-75 is right next to the hotel. You might want to stay on th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarchi, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I've stayed at this La Quinta Inn approximately five times in the past year and three of those times were for a week. Staff has been consistently pleasant, the rooms have been clean, there is a decent pool and fitness center, it is in a great location for persons needing to get into Cincinnati but also to points north such as Dayton, and it is pet-friendly!!!!! I have made several special requests with regard to rooms and they have always been honored. The rooms are relatively spacious, the beds extremely comfortable, and I have never had problems with the televisions, microwaves, or refrigerators. This is a wonderful hotel for the price. My only suggestion is that they install an electronic telephone answering system so that people calling guests can leave messages more easily. (I do not eat breakfast and so cannot comment on that subject.)

Room Tip: I would try to get rooms away from I-75 where it is quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Happiness is being able to travel with our 9-year old chihuahua! Not only was the LaQuinta Inn accommodating to my husband and me, but they treated Zeto as if he was an honored guest, too! He responded to the staff's friendliness by doing his one rollover trick and being a very good non-barking guest. Our room was very comfortable, the location of the hotel was so convenient for all our needs, and the staff could not have been more accommodating. The morning breakfast was excellent and the gentleman on duty was very efficient in keeping it clean and presentable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville? Share your experiences!