“Wonderful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Marion, Indiana
“Wonderful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

This is a large La Quinta that is eight stories tall. I received the pleasant surprise of a free upgrade to a king suite upon my arrival. It was very spacious and featured flat-screen TV's in both rooms. The sitting room featured a kitchenette with a sink, refrigerator and microwave. A small, two-person table was also in that area. The main area had a large desk, a couch, recliner and the TV stand as well as a coffee table and two end tables. The bedroom had the king bed, a chair and the TV stand. The bed was very comfortable. There was a dressing area and large closet. However, the sink was in the bathroom, and it was barely large enough to turn around. Breakfast did not start until 7:00 on the weekends, and that presented a problem for me as I really needed to leave at 7:00 to make my 8:00 a.m. engagement. There was ample grass to meet pet needs. The pool area was quite large and indoors. Overall, this was an outstanding facility. Three elevators very adequately conveyed guests from one floor to another.

Room Tip: The back side of the building would be much quieter than the side facing busy interstate 75.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Kenosha, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Arived at the hotel at 4pm. When I checked into the hotel, I was given a king bed - however I requested 2 double beds. When I asked the individual checking us in if we could have 2 double beds, he hesitated then said they were sold out but he would give us his last room that had 2 double beds. The hotel was clearly not sold out all weekend, and this was something that we commented on several times.
This is the 2nd LaQuinta that I have stayed at in recent trips that I had an issue with check in and not getting the type of room that I requested, additionally this is also the 2nd LaQuinta that I have stayed at that was having plumbing issues. The toilet would not stop running,
The positives of this hotel are the location, right off of I-75 and I-275, Fantastic easy on and easy off! Additionally, this hotel has a fantastic indoor pool area. Very large and very spacious. Nice lobby, great sized rooms and 3 elevators. All weekend we never had to wait for a elevator.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

I assume housekeeping started to clean rooms around 9 am,casue they( housekeeping)kept slamming doors all morning, guess that's their way of saying get up and out!!!!!! and they frig made noise all night

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Dundee, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

We booked this hotel through Hotwire and it was quite the bargain for the price we paid. It's in a great location, right off of I-75 and in close proximity to I-275 and I-71. The Tri-County shopping area is about 5 minutes away. Plenty of affordable restaurants right outside your front door. Make sure to try Jim Dandy's Barbecue across the street.

The hotel itself is very nice with a beautiful lobby. The indoor pool is one of the largest I've ever seen and the surrounding pool area was huge. The room wasn't a million degrees and didn't reek of chlorine, the way most hotel pool rooms do. The water in the pool was a little cloudy, but the temperature was great. The breakfast room was nice and there was a good selection of fresh foods available every morning.

The room was fine -- the recliner was a definite plus. The fridge and microwave were very handy. My only complaint is with a few minor housekeeping issues that were a little odd. When we checked in on Tuesday evening, we noticed that there were no cups in the room. NONE. Very unusual, given that there was a coffee maker. We just assumed that they had probably run out on the housekeeping cart, meant to return with some, and forgot. No big deal -- everyone's human.

On Wednesday, we were in the room until noon and had the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. When we left, the housekeeper was directly across the hall from us, smiled at us as we left, and watched us pull the sign out of our door. Imagine our shock when we returned later to find our room untouched! Never, ever, ever in all my years of staying in hotels has that happened!

I called downstairs to the front desk to a) request more towels, b) request cups, and c) report that our room hadn't been cleaned. The front desk employee -- who later appeared to be the only person on staff for the evening -- said, "Maybe they were done on that floor when you left." For starters, they weren't. Secondly, let's assume they were. IT WAS NOON! They're supposed to have a check-off sheet. They're supposed to check back to see if the sign has been removed. In most hotels when I've been working in the room all day and don't want it cleaned, I usually get a call double checking that I don't want service. I couldn't believe that was her excuse. No apology -- nothing.

On Thursday morning, I had kicked the comforter off the bed during the night. I was slightly grossed out to notice that the blanket had a sizable stain on it that looked as if the previous guests had sat on the bed and eaten a pizza. The stain was on top of the bed, right at the corner where you tuck it in. There was no missing it -- I saw it immediately. The housekeeper had to notice it when she made the bed. I wrote a note requesting that the blanket be changed and left it right by the stain. I had a fresh blanket that day.

Certainly nothing major -- I'd stay there again. Overall a positive experience and great value for the money. Just a few minor issues that, when combined in one stay, stand out. Nothing that can't be fixed and possibly attributed to new/untrained housekeeping staff.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Circleville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Had a comfortable stay recently. Enjoyed the pool, hot tub, and complimentary continental breakfast the next morning. Staff was very courteous and helpful. Room was clean and bed comfy. Breakfast was pretty good compared to what other hotels offer. Waffles were the favorite for most. I woud have liked a little more fresh fruit (bananas, strawberries, pineapple, other berries). Apples were available the day I was there (Sunday). Definitely would stay there again! Upscale but not outrageously priced. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Charlotte
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Nice hotel and accomodating. Were a few worn areas but overall nice. The pool area was nice and the fitness area was very big with a lot of machines. Had a good breakfast buffet with eggs and sausage as well as the regular continental breakfast stuff.

Housekeeping left a bit to be desired. We found popcorn in the chair and dirt, lint and dust between the bed and night stand. We stayed 2 days and after the first night, I found dried on food on the inside of the spread on the bed. I reported to the front desk and the clerk said she would make sure housekeeping changed the spread. When we got back that night we found they had changed all the bed linens and the towels too (they were on the rod), but that was all. They did not empty 1 of the trash cans, vaccum or clean the bathroom. I did not realize until the next morning that they did not clean the coffee pot or replenish the coffee, cups and supplies. I made 2 trips down to the front desk - once for coffee and once for cups (Duh) and the clerk apologized.

I also did 1 load of laundry in the AM we left. There were dryer lint and dryer sheets all over the floor. There was no trash can so people just threw the lint and trash on the floor.

Overall a good hotel but it could be a lot better.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

We stopped here very late on a Saturday night while passing through the area. The desk clerk informed us all he had were suites available at 149.00 for the night. We were exhausted from driving all day, so we stayed. The lobby was very nice so I expected the suite to be as well. It was average at best. The size was good, but it was not updated and could have been cleaner. We didn't think to ask for a non-smoking room, so we received a stinky smoking room. Again, we were so tired we just went with it. The 2 room suite had 2 older TV's but only one remote. The furniture was old and worn. The beds were comfortable. The room had a fridge and microwave. Typical amenities for a suite, just overpriced in my opinion. The employees were nice, had no problems during the stay. I would stay here again, but not for the price we paid..

PROS: good location right off the freeway, restaurants close by (Cracker Barrel, Big Boy, Bob Evans)

CONS: Room decor was old, overpriced for what we got (I have stayed at much nocer places for same or less)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville? Share your experiences!