“Accessible and friendly staff, dated and a little creaky property” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Cincinnati - I-275 North

You added Holiday Inn Cincinnati - I-275 North to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Cincinnati - I-275 North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3855 Hauck Rd., I-275 at Rt. 42, Exit 46, Sharonville, OH 45241   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
Dayton, Ohio
“Accessible and friendly staff, dated and a little creaky property”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

If the location is perfect for you, then it's probably a fine choice. It is easy on/off the highway and the staff was very pleasant.

But, this hotel has seen better days.

Our meeting room was fine, although nothing particularly impressive. The food provided by the on-site Max & Erma's was actually better than expected and the catering staff was really terrific and accommodating.

I found the sleeping room to most show the age of the property. The door didn't fit the doorframe perfectly, the door lock was loose and a little rickety and the bathroom was a bit tight. It was quiet and clean and I slept well, so functionally it was fine.

While I didn't go into the pool area, it actually looked like it would be great and large enough for family fun.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Shannon K, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Cincinnati - I-275 North, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear BGBeth,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on our property. We are pleased that you encountered a good experience with our staff and you enjoyed the food provided by Max & Erma’s.

Our property is an older property and it comes with its challenges. We are making some improvements in the coming months that I hope would make it a better stay for you if you are ever in the area again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I was having some work done on my house and had to stay away for a few days; I selected this hotel because of its close proximity to my home thus making it convenient to return and consult with my contractor as needed. My first stay was three days and was very enjoyable. Upon checking in I was greeted warmly by the hotel clerk who promptly checked me in and provided information regarding breakfast, the restaurant on site, how to access the free wi-fi, stores available in the area, etc. The room was clean and nicely appointed, and the bed and linen was clean and comfortable. Housekeeping did an excellent job, and cleaned the room promptly each day. It was great to have a fridge and microwave in the room. After checking out, later that evening I found it necessary to check back in as I was unable to re-enter my home. Upon my 2nd check-in I received a nice "welcome bag" which included a bottle of water and a bag of bbq potato chips (my favorite). This time I stayed for five days and found the hotel just as wonderful as during my previous stay. Kudos to the front desk personnel who went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable. I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side of the building overlook the restaurants and businesses below (more scenic th...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Westland, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

We stayed here for a night while traveling though Cincinnati and I was pleased with our stay. The hotel is Ina good location north of the city. The expressway and food are close by to the hotel. The lobby was decorated for Christmas and we were greeted very nicely. The front desk attendant was friendly to check us in too. Our room was spacious and comfortable. Flat screen tv for the kid to watch cations and a comfy bed with 4 pillows for us to sleep in. The sleeping quality was good. The hotel provides complimentary wi-fi as well. Also provided in the room is a mini fridge, coffee maker, coffee, microwave, and cups. There is a nice indoor pool with a kiddie pool as well which was nice to go for a swim in the morning. Attached is a Max & Ermas that's serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner and kids eat free. I was impressed staying here would definitely stay again.

Stayed December 2013
Shannon K, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Cincinnati - I-275 North, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Photofox88,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased to hear the front desk staff was friendly and that you enjoyed many of our amenities and your room while you were here. We hope to see you here again during your next trip to Cincinnati!
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

For the past three or four years, a group (read 20+; multi-car convoy) of us have journeyed to Cincinnati to enjoy the Thanksgiving Weekend with family members. I got a REALLY GREAT RATE for this property online, and I always check TripAdvisor for the latest reviews. I was a bit concerned by the uneven reviews but, since I've always had good experiences with Holiday Inn properties, I made my way down I-71.

I had a very good experience here. You can see the hotel as soon as you exit I-275. The staff that I met were all young (20's), very pleasant, very helpful with positive energy and dispositions. The young lady at the front desk asked us what type of view we wanted upon check-in and provided it. The room was very clean and spacious. The beds were extremely comfortable.

The furniture was a few years older than other places I've lodged recently, but it was in good condition, and the upholstery was stain-free. The carpet was clean. Since we had leftovers from the Family Dinner, the fridge and microwave certainly came in handy.

The location is convenient. There is a pharmacy/convenience store right across the street. Shopping is close-by (yes we found GREAT BARGAINS Thursday and Friday with no drama) and there are several food options. The family members' home was only five minutes away without using the highway.

We have stayed in Blue Ash multiple times when we've come down for other visits. I like this particular area better. Easier to navigate and not quite as congested. I'd stay here again - especially because of the service, accessibility and reasonable rates.

Room Tip: Request a room facing South to get a better sense of the city. Another tip: I like fresh, but not...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Janice0801,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am very pleased that you had such a wonderful experience during your stay here and that our staff was so friendly and helpful! We appreciate your feed back and we are continuing to take measures to update our property. We hope that we will see you and your family again for years to come!
Leesville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stay here for business occasionally. The staff at the desk and the restaurant are very nice. I like to eat, drink and play keno at the bar. The rooms and the rest of the hotels are basic. There are couple of fast food places you can walk to. It's close to the highway.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Holly H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cincinnati - I-275 North, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Samuel C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear that our staff is great, and that you enjoy our offerings at the bar. I hope that your future stays with us not only continue to provide these services to you, but that you also find our other amenities better as we go through some updating. Thank you again and we will see you next time.
ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I checked in at 5:30 PM was told I was on the fifth floor. but paper folder said 12th I went with the folder. went all the way up to that floor with my luggage and of course it didn't work. Called on my Cell phone and was told with some Sarcasm my room . Got to my room and was rattled by what sounded like some type of drilling/ sawing . 10 min later I was ratted again . I called down and was put on hold so they could find out when maintenance would be done. I hung up after w few min.
10 min later I was rattled again. I called down and was told they would be done in 15 MIn. 10 min later I get a knock on the door with some guy yelling Maintenance. I in formed management about my experience It was obvious she was under the weather .

Room Tip: The Hotel has over 260 rooms . They fill the rooms to make it easy for house keeping to clean them...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Holly H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cincinnati - I-275 North, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Rivon,

I apologize for the issues you faced during your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We have noted your concerns and we will use these as tools to improve on our service so that in the future you can experience a great stay.
Huntington, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My friend and I booked this room for the first night of our yearly shopping trip.The hotel is easy to get to, check in was a breeze, the actual room was clean and very comfortable -a wide variety of pillows to choose from, which is always nice. The next morning my friend took a shower and the tub wouldn't drain, I called the front desk and they immediately sent someone up with a key to the room next door for me to shower in, which was helpful as we didn't have to hang out in our hotel room watching the maintenance man try to fix the drain and waiting, we were able to leave on time. A nice hotel stay overall!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Shannon K, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Cincinnati - I-275 North, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear JessicaHarkless1,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was friendly, helpful, and quick to get your drain problem fixed for you. We hope to see you on your next annual shopping trip!

Been to Holiday Inn Cincinnati - I-275 North? Share your experiences!