“OK for the Price” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Sharonville/Cincinnati

You added Days Inn Sharonville/Cincinnati to your Saves list
Days Inn Sharonville/Cincinnati
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   11775 Lebanon Rd, I-275 & US 42, Exit 46, Sharonville, OH 45241   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Sharonville
Central Illinois
“OK for the Price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2006

If you're looking for a reasonably priced hotel near Kings Island without too many perks, this place is OK. The hotel sells the discount tickets that allow you into the park after 5 p.m. the night before. For a 1 day trip to the park, you get 5 extra hours during the summer. This is good since you don't want to spend too much time actually at this hotel.

The pros - Kings Island tickets, great Mexican restaurant on site.

The cons - The morning and daytime front desk clerk is less than enthusiastic, but did take care of a few problems for us. We requested a smoking room which he verified upon check-in. When we got to the room there were no ashtrays. We asked the housekeeper that was in the hall for some and he told us the entire property was non-smoking. Strange because I called the front desk and they sent 2 ashtrays within 5 minutes.
Secondly, when we arrived back from Kings Island after our day at the park, our room keys did not work. A quick trip back to the desk and the evening staff, who are much friendlier, quickly reactivated them.
Lastly, the rooms are a bit outdated, but come with the normal amenities and the shower pressure was awesome.

I would recommend this hotel if you plan to spend most of your time at Kings Island or somewhere else. After a day at the park, you're too tired to complain about much anyway.

• Liked — Discount Kings Island tickets
  • Disliked — 11 a.m. check-out
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't book the Kings Island package - Just book the room and buy the tickets when you arrive. It's cheaper that way.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2006

I stayed at this hotel while visiting Paramount Kings Island for opening weekend(about 7 miles away). The rate was about $25.00 less than other similar hotels. The place was nice and clean. The furniture could use a bit of updating. The free breakfast included hot waffles. Did not expect that. Overall I would rate it a 4 out of 5 for this price category. I would recommend this hotel for families on a budget looking for a family friendly hotel. Has game room.

• Stayed April 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2005

I've been staying at this hotel once a month for about 3 years. This place has improved over the years. Clean and comfortable rooms and they don't try to overcharge you for a overnight stay. I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a clean and comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2005

This place was horrible - the room was dirty, and the bathroom was filthy. There was a giant dead bug on the floor, the tub was icky (including lovely hairballs), and the ventilation fan's lid had fallen off and was sitting on the coat rack. Furthermore, the rooms are not well-lit, which just adds to the nightmare ambiance. In fact, it was so bad that I called a friend in town and ended up staying the night there instead. The staff was rude (when they finally showed up to the desk), and there were about half-a-dozen very scary people wandering around the hotel. Go somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2004

Myself, my husband, my 8 year old son, my sister, her 8 year old son, my ex-husband and his wife all stayed at this hotel. We booked 3 rooms for 2 nights through hotels.com. We checked into our rooms on Friday July 30th, 2004. We got there at around 10pm. Upon entering the corridor where our rooms were, we observed approx. 10 children within the same age range as our children, running from room to room, and up and down the hallway screaming all the while. We settled into our respective rooms, hoping that the romping would soon be over as the night progressed to midnight. No way. At about 12:30-ish my sister called the front desk and politely asked that the manager send someone up and ask that the guests quiet down. The screaming continued for another 20 minutes. The manager later told my sister that they had found no one making any noise. All night long my husband and I had to listen to the guest staying in the room next to our headboard. All this man did was scream all night at someone. Cursing this and cussing that. My ex-husband and his wife had to deal with someone across the hallway opening and slamming their door ALL NIGHT LONG. We finally had the opportunity to get at least to get 3 hours of sleep before we were rudely awakened again at 8:15am by a grown man running down the hallway shouting, "We're going to King's Island, King's Island, King's Island!" After this, we all went down to the front desk to complain that our night had not been a pleasant one. We also asked to be moved from our rooms and be put into another wing of the hotel. We were told that the hotel was all booked, and that we could not be moved. At that time we asked for a refund on our first night's stay. We were told that because we booked the rooms through hotels.com, nothing vould be done, and if we had any complaints, we needed to take it up with hotels. I was floored! We explained to the manager that we also had children with us...and we were not letting them run through the hallways doing whatever they wanted to do. We were told that there was a family reunion and that several families had booked rooms, and that we were just going to have to deal with that sort of thing. I just looked him. I said that I was going to call hotels and talk with them about refunding some of the money. The manager told me that I was probably not going to get to talk with anyone there, and that there was also no other rooms anywhere in the area. That they were all booked up. I got the 800 number for hotels and I used the phone right there at the desk. The customer service rep that I got was Brian. Boy was he wonderful! I explained to him what had gone on. He put me on hold for a short time while he called the hotel himself and spoke with the manager. When he retured to the line, he went ahead and took 1 night off eash of the three rooms that we had booked, and refunded that to my credit card. He also offered to put us up in the Hyatt Regency hotel in downtown Cincinnati. None of us wanted to go through the process of packing and unpacking again and also making a day trip to King's Island. We decided that we would stay the last night there.

Upon returning from King's Island at approx. 11:30pm, we found that some of the guests were again romping the halls. We were to exhausted to complain, and we also knew that we were going to be leaving the next day anyway. The next morning I wanted to take a shower. I noticed that the bathtub wasn't very clean, and that roomservice had not replenished the shampoo or soap that had been used the morning before. My husband's shampoo and soap wrapers were still in the bathtub, although the towels had been replaced. We had booked non-smoking rooms but our room smelled badly of smoke.

I am writing this complaint to let anyone and everyone know of the horrible service that our 3 families received. This is definately not a three-star hotel. I would not even give it a one star. I would say more like the star collapsed and it is now a black hole.

I will also be filling a formal complaint with hotels (not for their service, they were wonderful!), and I will also be calling corporate Day's Inn.

On our 4 hour drive back home, we passed by several Day's Inns. I couldnt help but see the manager's face from the Sharonville's hotel. I will never stay in a Day's Inn again. You get what you pay for!

• Stayed July 2004
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2004

Wanted a modest place close to Kings Island without a hefty price. Was clean, but the blankets were old, one having a cigarette burn hole in it (kind of disgusted me). Had a room on the side of the pool. Unfortunately, we were there with a youth hockey team which was at the pool until 11:30 or so, being quite noisy. Also noisy up and down the hallways until 1 or 2. Breakfast was very basic...apples and muffins. Problems were mostly with rude people staying in the hotel rather than the staff and accommodations. Not bad if you want modest for a decent price.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2003

Never stayed at a hotel as bad as this. Unfriendly, rude staff. Room was nasty! Bath tub so dirty we made our kids shower so they didn't have to sit in the tub. We had 2 towels for a room that had a reservation for 5 people. Half a roll of toilet paper on the dispenser with no extra rolls. Room lacked amenities they said were there (alarm clock, hair dryer). Continental breakfast consisted soley of mini muffins and an apple, NOTHING else to eat, went across street to Waffle House instead. Air conditioner didn't work right and it was HOT during our stay. Room smelled badly the entire time. Dust everywhere and carpet didn't look like it had been vacuumed for quite some time. We will never stay here again and don't recommend it to anyone.

Been to Days Inn Sharonville/Cincinnati? Share your experiences!