“2 Words... Stained Sheets” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Lion Hotel Cincinnati

You added Red Lion Hotel Cincinnati to your Saves list
Red Lion Hotel Cincinnati
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11320 Chester Rd, Sharonville, OH 45246 (Formerly Crown Hotel and Conference Center)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
“2 Words... Stained Sheets”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Words just can't describe how awful this hotel is. There was actually a line at the front desk complaining of dirty rooms and checking out to find a cleaner hotel. The sheets were stained... housekeeping assured me they had been "washed and bleached, but the stains won't come out and we can't afford to throw them out." I asked her if she would sleep on them and she said "No". We checked out a day early to go someplace clean. Today I received my credit card statement to see that they charged me for the night we weren't there. Thank goodness I figured they would and I have a cancellation #. Save yourself!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
holtginger, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Cincinnati, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Let me begin by thanking you for selecting our hotel for your stay in Cincinnati!

Thank you for your feedback, we regret that you did not enjoy the guestroom experience of your stay. We are continuing to improve our property with our many recent updates in order to provide an outstanding product to our guests, Iam part of the new management tem that took after your visit, and we are working hard to make sure this does not happen to thers.

Many thanks for your valuable feedback, we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back whenever your travel plans return you to Cincinnati.

Ken Floyd
Assistant Gneral Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Chalmers, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We drove up to this property and noticed weeds and overgrown un-kept landscaping. Not a great first impression. We got this hotel through a blind rate purchase of a 3.5 star hotel ( I got what I paid for...). When I checked in, it took a while to find someone to check me into our room. The room had clean sheets on the beds and sleep quality was fine. We did see they had forgot to get all of the dirty towels from the previous occupant. We had to get extra towels only two available and three of us in the room.

We were ok with the stay. I know that when I purchase a rate instead of a property I will have good with the bad. Overall this place is ok as long as you do not pay more than $70 for it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Blue Springs, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Booked this hotel thru Delta Airlines and have never been so disappointed. I chose this hotel based upon the Coco Key in Kansas City MO hotel which was quite nice. Where to begin, dirty, stained carpet, same with the walls. NO shower curtain, quarter roll of toilet paper, 2 towels for 2 adults and 2 children. Room smelled of mold & mildew which was on the air conditioner grill. Half of ice machines were non-functioning. Dirty outdoor pool, no towels provided at indoor pool. Entire hotel was dirty and in need of repair. Would NEVER choose Coco Key again, anywhere.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Dave- the supervisor- went above and beyond to fix the breadsticks and pizza for my little girl in a way she could enjoy it with her lactose sensitivity. He was kind and accommodating and it made my visit pleasant and enjoyable. He deserves an accolade for the exemplary customer service he bestowed naturally it was obvious!

• Stayed August 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My 3 girlfriends and I checked in Friday, July 25,2014. The first room was a handicapped equipped room that smelled of mildew. We were moved to another room which had 2 double beds for 4 women. I haven't slept in a double bed since high school and definitely not with another woman! Upon using the bathroom to freshen up for our night's activities, we found we were only given 2 sets of towels though it was clear there wre 4 women in the room. Attempting to contact the front desk, we discovered the phone was not even connected. We then took the '10 minute tour' of the 'water resort'. Let me just say, for the additional fee they want, you can find a better way to spend your money. The resort, which appears to be mainly geared towards children, even though the bar is pretty spacious, is very dark. They should put in skylights or something to brighten the place up. Aside from the one giant waterslide and the jacuzzi, there's ot much for adults to indulge in except, once again, the bar. I will commend them on the fact that there were lifeguards stationed at all of the sections, which, as a parent and grandparent, was comforting. I never saw any food in the dining room although there was an employee always in there. On our checkout day, Sunday July 27, we woke up rather late and I called to request a late checkout. The person at the front desk was very curt and informed me that we would not be afforded the courtesy of checking out past noon - we woke up around 11am! We noticed as we were packing that the bed covers had stains and there were stains on the walls - glad we didn't notice them before hand. We did notice however, that the smell we experienced in the first room had now traveled up to the room we eventually settled in. Upon speaking with a freind who wanted to join us for the second night, we inquired about another room and was told the price would be $199 per night - really??!! I noticed that the 2 working elevators - there were 3 - did not have the licenses posted or even a notice stating inquire with management. All in all, I must say I will definitely not stay at CoCo Key Water Resort again!

Room Tip: Tip - find another hotel!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Munroe Falls, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights for a business conference. The general condition of the room was poor. There were 2 pieces of trim in the bathroom that fell off. The phone was disheveled. We did not get our room cleaned one night even after asking. Most of the floors the ice machines had no ice. Breakfast was supposed to be included in our group rate but was not. General appearance of the hotel was shabby in many places - large pieces of wall trim had fallen off of the elevators, and the elevators creaked like in a horror movie. Definitely NOT worth the money.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed at the resort this past weekend. We stayed in room 1412 which is on the top floor. It was a quiet floor. The room was a good size with a king bed and it was clean. It had a nice view. It is just that the hotel needs a make over desperately. They also do not have enough help. The girls at the front desk were nice and tried to deal with things the best they could. Breakfast wasn't too good. The second day we went to IHOP to eat. The one luggage cart had 4 flat tires but you didn't notice it until you loaded it up and then it was almost impossible to push. The grounds are pretty shabby also, long grass and weeds. I would surmise that this facility won't be open much longer. It could be a nice place if it were taken care of.

Room Tip: I can only recommend the room that I was in which was 1412.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sharonville
LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#9 of 17 in Sharonville
3.5 of 5 stars 88 reviews

Been to Red Lion Hotel Cincinnati? Share your experiences!