Stayed here overnight on a Monday night to attend a Tuesday seminar. This hotel has a CocoKey water resort attached to it. I figured it would be crowded, but it was more like Tombstone after the shootout --- dead. I enjoy my privacy, peace and quiet when I travel, but this was almost scary-deserted. I saw exactly 4 other people that may have been guests ... or maybe they were just going swimming. Other than that, I think it was me, the hotel employees, 3 cars and the bird on the roof next door.
Anyway - I've been in cleaner, neater hotels for sure. This poor thing needs some attention, but I doubt she'll get it. This Crowne is very large. The islands in the rear parking lot have not been mowed all summer so they are terribly overgrown; the room air conditioner was SO loud I couldn't hear the tv whenever it kicked on (I gave up turning the volume up and down after a while and just left it on LOUD); the furniture in my room was WARPED. Both the writing desk and television cabinet tops were so warped that even if I wanted to sit down and write home I couldn't do it at the desk; there was no place big enough for a piece of paper to lay flat. The chair was comfy, and so was the bed. I LOVE the lamps! All of the table lamps have outlets on the bases! I use a CPAP and it is always a hassle to find an outlet to plug it in when I travel. I set up the CPAP and plugged it right in to the lamp base - AWESOME. My floor (11) was a non-smoking floor, but I swear I could smell a faint aroma of "old" cigarette smoke in the lobby. It was probably a smoking floor at one time and the smell has soaked into the walls and carpet. Ick.
My stay was quiet, I got what I needed when I needed it, the seminar went very well, and I had no trouble checking in or out. The location is off the beaten path, almost like it was an afterthought when it was put there. If that neighborhood in northern Cincinnati can utilize the convention center across the street, this place would be packed. Someday, maybe.
In the end, carpet gets dirty, so clean it. Wallpaper gets torn and faded, so replace it. Mow the grass in the parking lot islands; it certainly can't take that long. Crowne needs to get some new furniture in the rooms, especially for people who stay more than one night.... that is IF anyone stays more than one night. I half expected to see the Addams Family come out of the elevator (I was kind of hoping they WOULD - just to see another living soul.)
This tough bird gets 3 stars for hanging in there. Great for a one-night stay... but ONLY a one-night stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel features free Wi-Fi and an on-site restaurant and lounge. The Cincinnati Premium Outlets are 25.7 km away. A flat-screen cable TV and air conditioning are provided in each room at Crown Hotel and Conference Center. A coffee machine and a work desk are also included. Private bathrooms are equipped with a hairdryer and free toiletries. The hotel features a 24-hour front desk and a lounge. Other facilities offered include dry cleaning. Tradewinds Restaurant is located in the lobby at the Cincinnati Crown Hotel and Conference Center and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Kings Island Amusement Park is 24.1 km from the hotel. The Cincinnati Art Museum is 25 minutes' drive away. The property offers free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Red Lion Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Cincinnati North
- Cincinnati Sheraton
- Red Lion Hotel Sharonville, Ohio