“She's a tough old bird” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Lion Hotel

You added Red Lion Hotel to your Saves list
Red Lion Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11320 Chester Rd, Sharonville, OH 45246 (Formerly Crown Hotel and Conference Center)   |
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Sharonville
Baltimore Ohio
“She's a tough old bird”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed here overnight on a Monday night to attend a Tuesday seminar. This hotel has a CocoKey water resort attached to it. I figured it would be crowded, but it was more like Tombstone after the shootout --- dead. I enjoy my privacy, peace and quiet when I travel, but this was almost scary-deserted. I saw exactly 4 other people that may have been guests ... or maybe they were just going swimming. Other than that, I think it was me, the hotel employees, 3 cars and the bird on the roof next door.
Anyway - I've been in cleaner, neater hotels for sure. This poor thing needs some attention, but I doubt she'll get it. This Crowne is very large. The islands in the rear parking lot have not been mowed all summer so they are terribly overgrown; the room air conditioner was SO loud I couldn't hear the tv whenever it kicked on (I gave up turning the volume up and down after a while and just left it on LOUD); the furniture in my room was WARPED. Both the writing desk and television cabinet tops were so warped that even if I wanted to sit down and write home I couldn't do it at the desk; there was no place big enough for a piece of paper to lay flat. The chair was comfy, and so was the bed. I LOVE the lamps! All of the table lamps have outlets on the bases! I use a CPAP and it is always a hassle to find an outlet to plug it in when I travel. I set up the CPAP and plugged it right in to the lamp base - AWESOME. My floor (11) was a non-smoking floor, but I swear I could smell a faint aroma of "old" cigarette smoke in the lobby. It was probably a smoking floor at one time and the smell has soaked into the walls and carpet. Ick.
My stay was quiet, I got what I needed when I needed it, the seminar went very well, and I had no trouble checking in or out. The location is off the beaten path, almost like it was an afterthought when it was put there. If that neighborhood in northern Cincinnati can utilize the convention center across the street, this place would be packed. Someday, maybe.
In the end, carpet gets dirty, so clean it. Wallpaper gets torn and faded, so replace it. Mow the grass in the parking lot islands; it certainly can't take that long. Crowne needs to get some new furniture in the rooms, especially for people who stay more than one night.... that is IF anyone stays more than one night. I half expected to see the Addams Family come out of the elevator (I was kind of hoping they WOULD - just to see another living soul.)
This tough bird gets 3 stars for hanging in there. Great for a one-night stay... but ONLY a one-night stay.

Room Tip: I was on the 11th floor, labeled as a non-smoking floor. I don't think there was another soul on...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Albert B, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Steelergal78,

I like to thank you for taking your time to write the very detail review of our hotel. We will be sure to consider everything you brought to our attentions, our property is scheduled to go through renovations in near future and I apologized for any inconveniences you encountereed We work very hard to bring you the best and I hope you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.Once again thanks for staying with us

At your services!!
Albert Bashir

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Branson West, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very nice hotel room, but a very LONG walk to get to the elevator! Also, the 4 days we were there they had a "convention" of My Little Pony enthusiasts which was very weird....grownups all dressed up in random full costumes and hanging out all over the hotel, in the lobbies, in the meeting rooms, by the pool, in the exercise room. Very loud and very strange, and seemed like more came every day! I'd recommend this hotel (as long as they weren't having a convention of MLP groupies). We got a good deal on Priceline...comfortable beds, new linens, clean and roomy. Our only complaint was that we had asked for a rollaway, and when we got there they said there wasn't room for a rollaway (oh, yes there was!) so our son ended up sleeping on the floor, so we were glad it was clean! There is a large indoor waterpark attached to the hotel, which we didn't use, and you could get in for $20 each (didn't think that was such a good deal for hotel guests).

Room Tip: Ask for the North Tower for newer rooms, but be prepared to walk a lot!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My family and I rented two adjoin-able rooms at this property for a 3-night weekend. Check-in took 15 minutes, and while only one of our rooms was available at first, we came back several hours later and were given the room keys to the other room. Everything in our rooms was clean and new, including the carpet, furniture, bedding, wallpaper, granite counter tops and large flat screen TV. Housekeeping was exceptional, and they even checked with us after our first night to make sure we had all we needed. At one point, the pool area had run out of towels, and I went out to look for housekeeping staff. The kind employee I found quickly ran to the supply closet and gave us what we needed...immediately!

And as for the "long walk" we had been warned about from past customers...we timed our walk at only 45 seconds from the lobby, to the elevators. Hardly a long walk. Add 15 more seconds, and we were to our room on the 8th floor. Yes, this is a large hotel, made for hosting events -- there were 2 family reunions while we were there. This didn't affect our stay in any way...our rooms were nice and quiet, and were an oasis from the parties being held downstairs.

The only real negative was that the elevators went down for around 1.5 hours one day. They took care of it quickly, and there were no further problems during our stay.

Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The hotel was not that bad, but it was not that great either. The staff seemed pretty inattentive at times, had to call guest services 5 times before someone finally answered. The only good thing was that it was a priceline trip and we got a good price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Albert B, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Delta210,

We appreciate you taking your time to write your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at The Crowne Plaza Cincinnati north CoCo Key Water Resort. We give utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us to improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible
We are sorry for problem you had experienced during your stay and the way your concerns were handled by our staff. We are confident that we will continue working with our staff to improve the level of service we offered to our future guests or your next visit.

At Your Services!!
Delaware, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I just returned from an overnight stay at this hotel. I am thankful we only stayed one night. We checked in Saturday and out on Sunday. I was unfortunately made aware of the cleaniness issues upon entering the lobby. The carpet in the lobby is very dirty and in poor condition. The check in itself was fine but we were put in the East building which I do not believe has been cleaned or updated in a very long time. I was alarmed to notice a hotel employee using a rock to keep the key pad access door open, but even more shocked to notice a different key pad door had the lock completely removed so it was not a secure entrance and anyone could come and leave as they pleased. The hallway walls and carpets were disgusting. The room itself had stained carpet and big old box TV whose remote did not work. The picture was blurry and because the air conditioner was so loud you couldn't even hear the TV. We also visited the indoor and outdoor pool as well as bought passes to CocoKey these were also not clean. I will not return this hotel and am was very disappointed in the quality of this hotel and the amenties.

Room Tip: I would not choose to stay at this hotel.
Dear Buckeye43014,

Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts and concerns regarding your recent stay with us.Please accept our sincere apologies for shortcoming you experienced during your recent stay.
and we regret that our hotel did not live up to your expectations.It is also disappointing to know that
service and accomodations you received less that satisfactory. We have taken note of your valuable comments, all the good,the bad and opportunities to improve,as these enables us to target problem areas and take actions accordingly.

Again thank you for staying with us at Crowne Plaza Cincinnati north CoCo Key Water Resort, We all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

At Your Services!!!
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was looking for a room for one night in the area and accordingly didn't want to spend an outrageous amount of money to stay in a room. I used Priceline's blind bid for the highest ranked hotel in the area and ended up getting a room for $65. Checking in was a breeze and the staff was very friendly.

Upon entering my room I hadn't really noticed anything out of the ordinary I did note writing and scuffs on several walls but no biggie. I started to unpack and went into the bathroom with my toiletries to take a shower. Upon opening the shower curtain, I realized my room had not be cleaned at all. There was hair stuck to the shower wall and all over the bottom of the shower as well as dirt. The tray holding glasses and the coffee pot appeared as though it hadn't been cleaned for quite some time.

I immediately grabbed my purse and headed for the front desk. Again the staff was very great, apologized, and said we will get you another room right away. My second room was located on the 11th floor and was much, much cleaner than the first. The hallways were still kind of a mess with scuffs and drawings on the walk but you can't expect a 5 star resort for $65. I'm not sure that I'd stay here again but if I did it would be because the customer service was so outstanding.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Brandywaits!!

Thank you for staying with us and writing your review on TripAdvisors, At Crowne Plaza Cincinnati north CoCo Key water resort we work very hard to ensures our facilities and service are superior. For this reason we are regret to hear about cleanliness issue you had experienced in your room . We want our guests to have a relaxing enjoyable stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your patronage and support to our hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future .

At your services!!
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our 2 night stay. We were wanting an outdoor pool and a bar (although it closed at 11 on Friday night) and that combination is hard to find in this area. Price point including bar/room service was very reasonable. Our room had a modern update, with comfortable beds and a flatscreen tv. Shower and loud ac not much to brag about but was fine for the price. We were also able to get a 1pm checkout instead of 11am. Directly across from Sharonville Convention Center and about 15 minutes to Blue Ash/Kenwood Towne Center. We would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Some rooms appear to have balconies that overlook the pool area although we did not stay in one.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Albert B, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Happy Travelsfor,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking your time to write perfect and amazing review of our hotel. I am thrilled to know that you liked our modern decor and flatscreen TV in your room. If your travels bring you back to Cincinnati, we will look forward to your return. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservation, please do not hesitate to call my office directly.

At your services!
Albert Bashir

Been to Red Lion Hotel? Share your experiences!