“Nothing special....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Lion Hotel Cincinnati

You added Red Lion Hotel Cincinnati to your Saves list
Red Lion Hotel Cincinnati
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11320 Chester Rd, Sharonville, OH 45246 (Formerly Crown Hotel and Conference Center)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
Marysville, Ohio
“Nothing special....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as part of a convention at the Sharonville Convention Center across the street. There are definitely some things about this hotel that could be improved upon such as the parking lot was completely littered w/pot holes & there were only 2 employees at the front desk checking in guests in which there were many people in line as the hotel was sold out. We had reserved an executive room, which was nothing special at all w/the exception of being on a quiet floor. For the additional cost, there was just nothing really that stood out. My biggest problem was the hotel restaurant. Breakfast & dinner was a fiasco! We never did get served breakfast (no one acknowledged us), & for dinner we decided to pair up w/complete strangers to get a table because the wait was so long! They had plenty of open tables, but no staff to wait them. What hotel restaurant doesn't fully staff their restaurant when the hotel sells out for a convention? This hotel was just so average & below for me, I think next convention I'll stay a few doors down...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel Cincinnati, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear DLEHMAN230,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay. We are delighted to know that the hotel offered you points as compensation for the inconveniences you have encountered. Nevertheless, we have taken note of your feedback and assure you that proper measures will be taken to improve the quality of service we offer.

We hope this would not deter you from choosing us again in the future

IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Redford, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed here for HorrorHound Weekend. We checked in and the check on process went good. When we got to the room they gave us it was a king bed and with there being three of us that wasn't going to work so we called the front desk about it they said they would bring us new keys for a different room. It took they about 20 minutes to get the new keys and room. When we got to the new room it was SO hot in there but we didn't think anything of it because we were in a hurry to get over to the convention. When we got back to the room around midnight our room was so cold and the heat was set to 79 and was not coming on. We tried to change the temperature and the thermostat fell off the wall. We went down to the lobby to see what was going on there and before we went back to the room we complained about the heat and they said they would call maintenance about an hour and a half later around 2am someone finally showed up to fix it. On Saturday we tried to have breakfast in the restaurant we waited 10 minutes to be seated before the General Manager seated us. We sat at the table for 20 minutes and watch the waitresses walk past us about 8 times before i finally said something about it. The guy that was sitting behind us was one of the actors from The Walking Dead and he had to keep asking for syrup for his waffle and the finally someone else went to the kitchen to ask they for his syrup he finally got his syrup about 20 minutes later. After we ate I went in to the lobby bathroom before heading over to the convention and it was disgusting in there. When we got back from the convention we headed back to the room and our keys didn't work so we had to walk back to the front desk to get new keys and my boyfriend is handicapped so this was hard on him after walking the convention all day. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel Cincinnati, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Angela M,

Thank you for the detailed review of our hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am disappointed to read that this recent visit was a disappointment due to the condition of the room you were given and maintenance levels on premises. Thank you for alerting us and bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention as this is our best means of improving our efforts.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Pam G.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here because it was close to ikea and other north side shopping. At first I was really scared after reading all of the horrible reviews. To my surprise the hotel was actually really nice. The room was decorated in a new contemporary style with nice art work and furniture, and no tube tv like some other review claimed. The staff was friendly and check in time took no longer than 2 minutes. I'm not sure why all the bad reviews, but we had a great experience.

• Stayed March 2013
Albert B, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Cincinnati, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Coop113027!!

Thanks for taking your time to write us your guest experience. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, We can not wait to see you as return guest at the Crowne Plaza Cincinnati
north in near future.

At your services!!
Albert Bashir
Perth, ON Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Basic accommodations, no fridge, or microwave. Long walk from the registration desk through a maze of hallways past meeting rooms and finally to the elevator. Across from a convention hall. Costco is nearby. Not our choice as a 3 star. Noisy a/c

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel Cincinnati, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Brian M,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am sorry our hotel fell short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Connie D
Maineville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We rented a room for my son's birthday party and accessed the water park. The water park was a ton of fun for the kids. The hotel was very clean, check in and out was very fast. The only downside was the arcarde was run down; 1/3 of the games were broken, half the prizes were gone and weren't replenished. I would return, be careful though because food is VERY expensive to dine in. For 2 medium pizzas and 5 drinks, I paid $42. Also breakfast is not complmentary, it is $10.99 per adult and 1/2 price for kids.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I am sitting here in my hotel room at the crowne plaza staying my second night. I have to say I am very disappointed in my stay. The staff are all very friendly and the best part of this hotel. I feel sorry for them because I think they are understaffed. We switched rooms after the first night. The bathroom toilet seat was broken and lacking.A fan. The beds are hard as a rock, tiny and I was shocked to see a tube tv also. Second room a bit better, little cleaner and finally a flat screen. The pool was ice cold. We did not purchase tickets for water park and glad we didn't. The breakfast buffet was not good, eggs i think were not real eggs but the staff was very nice and accomadating with our diet plan restrictions and special requests. But then we got a late night hunger so we ordered 2 orders of wings. We specifically asked for them well done and extra crispy. They were the soogiest wings I have ever tasted. Sauce had a good bite and flavor, but was lost on the texture of the horrible wings. Like someone dunked them in water before serving them to us. That is my most upset because I spent $20 with tax, tip and room service charge for 1 dozen wings! We talked to several other guests and seems feelings are pretty much the same. Don't come here for a water park trip, spend a little more and go somehwere else, I am not usually a complainer, I like to find good things but thiss just warranted a bad review. Trying not to bash but it is hard to overlook a lack of earning a 3 star rating.

• Stayed February 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel Cincinnati, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear nmbst297,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you find our staff friendly. Our staff members are truly the heart of the hotel and we are glad it's being appreciated by our guests. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and if your stay was negatively affected by the quality of food you received from our restaurant. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and for that reason, your comments will surely be looked into. I appreciate you bringing this matter to my attention and rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team and rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

I hope this would not deter you from choosing us again in the future.

Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

First, the check-in took over 30 minutes, and we were third in line. I called the place the day before and found out there were 3-4 groups staying there, along with several rooms that the people in our party were reserving. From the time we got there till the time we left and after, they were always short staffed and were not shy in blaming the majority of the issues on that. The floor in the room was dirtier than expected, but after having a group outing at the crowne plaza in Columbus, Ohio the weekend before, I assumed things were not going to get any better without just leaving the room. Since my wife was paying for it and she really wanted to stay there cause it was for their group and there were other group parents there, I just dealt with it.

The following day at checkout I accidentally left something there and though my review is not entirely based on that, it is a factor. I called them immediately afterwards and they said they would have someone check on it. I called back an hour later and they stated they were busy and would call me when they had time. I called back another hour later, then three hours after that, then an hour after that, no one answered and no one called me back. I drove their the next day to find my stuff was not there. I am not upset at them for my mistake, I am upset at them for telling me someone would check and they did not. We have left stuff before on two or three occasions and the other hotels (all Marriott's by the way) did keep their word and when my stuff was still there they did secure my stuff for me.

On top of this, our group had a contract with the hotel for a room and food for their end-of-year ceremony and the hotel did not have the room set up at the correct time, forgot about the food and it was late, and completely disregarded the server, which I was told was also part of the contract. If you have a contract with them, I would definitely check with them a couple hours prior. It's awful how they preach about no outside food or drink, yet they cannot keep to their contractual obligations. I think I even recall that they were told they could not bring and

I have spent many evening at hotels for business and pleasure and even though this is the first time my wife paid, it was by far the worst experience I have ever had for a hotel. Next time my wife wants to go to coco keys and spend a night over there I'm just going to go to the fairfield inn right next to this dump.

Room Tip: Got to another hotel.