“Do. Not. Stay. Here. Horribly shady business.” 1 of 5 stars

Special Price
Trip Advisor 20% Off
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Sharonville
toledo, ohio
“Do. Not. Stay. Here. Horribly shady business.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a joke. They charged us a $250 fee for smoking in the room. but,.we didn't smoke!! I'm asthmatic and allergic to smoke! I'm beyond outraged. This is a joke of a business. There's only one in Ohio, the rest are in Minnesota. good luck every getting ahold of someone at their "corporate office" all you get is voice mails and unreturned messages! I tried to settle this with the hotel unfortunately they refused. They don't need any sort of proof or evidence that you smoked so beware!! I tried to settle this with my bank but again the hotel refused. Now I may need to take legal action. I won't let them get away with this! Now I know why the room was only $40, their charging innocent, decent customers a $250 fee!! sneaky jerks.

• Stayed September 2012
Jennifer K, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
I'm sorry you feel that you were unfairly charged this fee. LivINN Hotels are now completely smoke free in all of our rooms. We have signs posted in all of rooms and through out the hotel to this effect. When there is a complaint of smoking in the hotel I investigate the issue personally to ensure that we hold correct person accountable. When looking into this case I feel that I made the correct decision do to extreme smell of smoke in the room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

First I would give this hotel a higher rating if they had a better breakfast area and items. But Ihop is just anew block away. The room was comfy and clean. And we enjoyed our stay. Very reasonable cost and friendly staff.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jennifer K, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you very much for your review! I'm glad that your stay was clean and comfortable. I hope that we will earn all 5 stars on your next stay.

Jasper, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Nice hotel and very clean. Property was way understaffed especially the front desk and breakfast buffet. They were nice and pleasant just overwhelmed. Great location, easy on and off the I-75. I would stay there again because it was so clean and comfortable. Just bring your own laptop. They make the business office a pain to get in and out of quickly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your review. It means a lot to us that you would take the time to talk about our hotel. Your comments help to make us better. I'm sorry that we did not make all 5 stars on your last trip. We will work to make your next stay with us better.

Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

What a surprise! The LivInn had all the basics for a quick trip, and very affordable. From the moment I arrived until I departed, the staff members were attentive and helpful. The room was comfortable and spacious. Breakfast was a bonus. I would stay there again--my highest recommendation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Jennifer K, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you very much for the glowing review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was accomodating! We hope to see you again soon. And just a reminder that our best rates are available throught the hotel directly.

Thanks again! Safe Travels!

greater Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

If you are in the Cincinnati area, this low-priced hotel is a treat. It is so much less expensive than anything in the area, it is worth checking it out! It is quite attractive, very clean, well-appointed rooms, even with a little kitchenette (I was surprised to see it tucked in there like a closet), has attentive and helpful staff -- basically excellent service and accommodations. The free breakfast is ok, not great, but is it works to get your day started. We have stayed there several times and they have a "frequent stayer" plan with discounted rates. For its price, it is an excellent choice. I have stayed there alone and also with my husband -- it is comfortable in both situations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Jennifer K, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you so much for your review! I can tell that you put a lot of thought into it. I'm sure that this will help other travelers in their search for a hotel.

We look forward to see you again on your next trip!
Vermilion, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I spent two nights in Sharonville at this hotel recently and was thrilled with how attentive and responsive the staff here was. They listened to every request and acted upon them quickly. Leslie and Kara were friendly and welcoming. We also met Gloria a housekeeper who was also friendly and helpful. Thank you ladies for a lovely experience.
Our room was clean and well appointed. I will stay here again the next time I visit the Cincinnati area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Jennifer K, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Leslie, Kara, and Gloria will be thrilled to here that they made such a good impression! We love to hear good things about out staff! I hope to be able to meet you on your next trip through the area.
Medina, OH USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I booked this property for a 3-night business trip using Hotwire because all of the other hotels in the vicinity were priced far too high for the quality of the properties in my opinion. After Hotwire revealed the hotel name, (a brand I had not heard of before), and I read some reviews online, I was very apprehensive about my stay. The reviews were all over the place regarding this hotel, from the most disgusting, filthy place you could imagine, to a nice, respectable property. The bottom line is, for the price I paid, (around $50 per night), this hotel delivered everything I could have expected in that price point per night and was a solid 2.5, if not 3-star, property. One thing that disappointed me was the noise coming from the hallway late at night and early in the morning. It seemed that a lot of contractor/laborer type guests stay at this property, (they rent rooms by the week), and they tend to leave very early in the morning for their jobsites and sometimes arrive back late at night. I saw this complaint in several reviews and the management responded to some reviewers indicating that they had installed sound absorbing baffles on the guest room doors. There were no such baffles on my room door that I could tell, (room #252). The continental breakfast was quite disappointing, although I hate to complain about "free" food. I feel some healthier options would have been nice, such as some fresh fruit and less white bread/sweets and more whole wheat/whole grain offerings. I skipped the breakfast offered and ate at the Bob Evans a few minutes away. The room was somewhat dated but clean. There were a couple of small stains on the carpeting, but it was not in bad shape overall. The bedding was comfortable and the linens were of nice quality. I did strip the bed to examine the mattress for bed bugs after reading a couple of reviews that claimed there were bugs in their rooms. I found everything to be just fine. The bathroom tile was probably original, but the tub surround looked newer and was very clean. The bath linens were not luxurious by any means but they were suitable. The Bath & Body Works products provided in the bathroom were a nice touch. The room had mini blinds instead of curtains and since my room did not face any direct light source, the blinds were fine. If the room had faced a bright light source, I am not sure how well the blinds would have darkened the room. The HVAC unit in the room worked fine. There were no odors in the room. The carpeting on the front lobby staircase was dirty the entire time of my visit, but the hallway carpeting appeared to be vacuumed daily. The exercise room was very basic, with 2-pieces of cardio equipment and a multi-exercise workout station. The control panel for the HVAC unit in the exercise room was sealed shut, and I am not sure why since with just two people in the room using the cardio equipment, the room felt quite warm. The pool was closed for the season but looked to be a nice area with a large sun deck. The front desk staff was very friendly and the one front desk employee was able to direct me to a newly opened branch of my bank so I could use the ATM there without a service fee. If you are looking for a clean, (if dated), but comfortable property conveniently located in the Northern Cincinnati vicinity, and you don't need a lot of frills and luxuries, then you should feel comfortable staying at the LivINN Sharonville.

Room Tip: A room on the south or west side of the hotel will provide a quieter location in terms of exterior n...