“Not bad for the money” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
Fort Pierce
“Not bad for the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

This place definitely needs a lot of work, a/c needs to be set at a certain level so it works, carpets need replacing, drapes also should be replaced, the beds are very firm. There is microwave and refrigerator, TVs are old and hard to watch but for about $50.00 a night what more do you want? It is a pet friendly place and it is very quite

Room Tip: Third floor if you plan on more than one day
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Saint Louis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

The staff was friendly. The walls seemed like they were recently painted but in general, the rooms and facilities need rehab. No hand towels were provided, just a bath towel and washcloth. The continental breakfast offered danishes and only sugar loaded cereal.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Massillon, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Got in late so we just turned on the TV for a little light and crawled in bed. When we woke up and turned on the lights, there were cock-roaches!! This Econo Lodge totally gives the hotel string a bad name. If this were the first one I had ever stayed at, I can guarantee I would never ever stay at another one again. Thank God we were only there for 6 hours and did not have to stay another night! Terrible is too good of a rating. They need to add "disgusting" to the list!!!!!

Room Tip: Run the other way!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I RESERVED 2 ROOMS FOR 2 NIGHTS AT THIS MOTEL ON JULY 26,2013. Upon arriving I noticed numerous customers upset and complaining of conditions so I knew this wouldn't be good.I entered my room and instantly was hit with the nasty smell of mold. I immediately turned and told the manager I could not stay in these conditions, especially considering the fact that my daughter has a severe allergy to mold. Mike then told me to contact my booking agency.Upon contacting the agency I was informed that they would have to contact Mike while I waited on the phone.My agency then stated that the motel refused to speak with them
then hung up on them. I then asked Mike about this and hhe

• Stayed July 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

First off when we arrived we were informed that the maintenance man was on his way back with a new toilet seat and shower curtain for our room. The best thing we can say is at least we knew the toilet seat was new and wouldn't have to worry about the cleanliness of that! Otherwise it was absolutely disgusting and smelt horrible!! The pictures on their site do not show what the rooms truly look like!!! The room had a serious lack of electrical outlits, as one of the lamps attached to wall wasnt even plugged up because of this. The kleenex holder in the bathroom was empty except for an old toothbrush and insense stick. The exhaust fan in the bathroom was yellowish/brown - was white once upon a time. There were cracks and pieces of the shower/tub surround missing. The ceiling in the bathroom has a textured ceiling - the tips of the textured parts were brownish/yellow. The door was coming apart from the moisture and appeared they tried to fix it with tape that had browned. The table and chair in the room were shoved up against the wall and barely fit - you could not even sit without moving the table to get the chair out. The chair had stains all over it when we did get it out and were scared to sit anything on it. There was a rather large crack in the wall with plaster missing. We ended up going to the dollar store to get some air freshners, plastic drop clothes (which we cut into strips to put on the floor because they looked like they have never been cleaned), Clorox wipes, shower mat (tub looked as if it hasn't been cleaned in quite some time. Wondering if they know what bleach is?), oh and luffa's (because the washcloths looked dirty. Again bleach works miracles!!) We only slept with the sheet on us, because the comforter appeared as if it hasn't been cleaned ever and the wool blanket had burn holes all over it. I understand some hotels cannot afford to wash the comforters all the time, but at least a couple times a year or when you can obviously see it has been soiled! Behind the beds, behind the bedside table, behind the dresser/TV stand was old dried up food, bugs, huge dust bunnies, just pure neglect and nastiness!!! They need to get a cleaning crew, and if they have one get a new one or get them trained correctly!! Lastly the elevator had a bare plywood floor, and the safety/inspection certificate was missing. The continental breakfast was a joke, honestly don't even think they had one from what we could see. Really wouldn't want to eat it if they did, considering the cleanliness of the rooms...and the office where everything is kept smelled appalling. They did not provide extra towels and we had to ask for the TV remote. Only other good thing we can say is we did not see any bed bugs!!

• Stayed July 2013
East Brunswick, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The east rooms face the highway and a flimsy piece of acrylic does its best to block noise. Still, noise was apparent from the adjacent rooms and it was awful. Our TV, which was from 1994, was at a reasonable volume and at a reasonable hour and we were met with banging through the walls to turn it down.
The beds are uncomfortable and are slightly smelly. The bathroom has stains, everywhere. It's small and the hvac system is quite loud.
My car and arriving smelly to my morning appointment was not a distant alternative.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I don't like to give bad reviews to people, but this one must be said. For starter only a lady was nice and kind to deal with. The so called "manager" was very rude. He was not even capable of hiding his negative manners. I realized it a little too late. I wanted to go some place else but I guess once I settled down, I did not want to move any more. They show beautifull rooms, in the premises, but I thing it is a great deception, because my room, we could not even find a plug for the night stand light. We charged our telephone in the bathroom. The rooms were not what is shown on this web page. The area is pretty nice, close to major highways and we felt it was pretty safe.

Room Tip: The air conditioner, at full blast, was not keeping the room cool. The small refrigerator's com...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Sharonville? Share your experiences!