“We hated it tremendously” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
Louisville, Kentucky
“We hated it tremendously”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

This hotel needs to be condemended. my family and I was visiting Ohio, and we booked this hotel on the internet. However, When we arrived there were numerous amount of problems. The sheets looked as if they had not been changed in 2 years, the bathroom was horrible and to top it off there was a terrible smell of mold and mildew in the room. We decided right then that we were not going to stay in this room. I guess the old saying is true"YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR". I would not recommend this motel to anyone who truly cares about their health. I believe the health department needs to condeme this motel!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

This is by far the most disgusting place i have ever stayed in. Me and my family arrived at the motel around midnight and the whole family was exhausted. The bathroom toilet seat had pubic hair on it when we arrived. the bath tub probably has not been cleaned in months, the soap scum build up was enough to make me sick. after further inspection of the room we discovered layers and layers of filth behinf the night stand between the beds, there was ahes, cig butts, hair wads, empty coke bottles, just nastiness!! The bed sheets looked as if they had not been changed! The mattress had stains all over it and the blankets had burn holes all over them. The air conditioning did not work and they have no high speed internet!! When i was checking out the man a few rooms down found a used condom behind the nightstand along with what he called "jelly" smeared all over the carpet. i would not recommend this room to a dog!! When i conplained to managment, which live in a room attached to the office, i was told that the cleaning crew had only been there for a month or so, was still in training, and that the former crew were from Russia and Mexico...like that matters. This place is beyond nasty... DO NOT STAY HERE!! the health department needs to shut this place down and i will be contacting them!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
lovely27
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

Well were do I begin..we got there it looked really nasty but we stay because it was only for 1 night got up in the morning and it was 5 of us in the room 4 adults and one baby that was 2 months old so we got up and each of us got a shower the shower curtain had black spots on it and the shower was nasty..They had a board holding the sink up and cig burns on top of the sink. That is not the worse part..our friend was up all night scatching and along was I and then the baby got up with some marks on her and right before check out we told the workers and they did not care we took picture's. They didn't want to look at the picture's. So we left and told them we will be back in touch. And today which is sunday we called and the manager hung up on us and we told him it will be posted to all the sites and he said he did not care. So we will be posting this and along with the pictures of our baby which is eat up with bedbug bites from head to toe. We took her end to the ER and yep thats what she has. We are calling the head quarters right now to see if they will do something. Because our Baby comes first and it is so rude of the manager saying he does not care that she is eat up with bites..we will be suing. Because it is bad. Never stay at this place because you might get what we got . And Our baby got the worse of it. So sad.. And forgot to say that someone took a crap in the toliet and they workers never flushed it. And I am posting the picture's to all the travel sites just because of our baby and how rude the man was and because he said he does not care.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Saint Albans, WV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

My husband and I went here last year when it was still under construction. The staff was very friendly and helpful!! We went on a weekend getaway to Kings Island and the Zoo. This is the perfect place to stay for the location. I think we only paid $35.00 a night and I dont think you can beat it. I would go back again for a quick getaway!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Tampa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

We stayed here at this hotel for 2 nights while we were on business in Cincinnati. It was the cheapest hotel we could find in the area, we paid 48 dollars a night. It was a very basic room, nothing special the rooms we pretty clean, the enterance was a little rough and no breakfast, but it was good other then that. If I had a larger budget to spend on hotels I would move to a Quality or Comfort Inn, but for our work budget this was the best we could do. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Ashland, KY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

It is an older hotel, all on one level, with parking in front of your room. Everything was adequate. The room was clean, and everything worked. Expect old carpet, wallpaper, and furnishings. However, it's within 5 miles of Kings Island, and it's close to several restaurants. It's a little hard to find as it's behind several buildings on the main road. We stayed on a Thursday night, it was not very busy and I didn't have any security concerns. I would stay there again for a night or two during the week, especially after a long day at an amusement park or travel and didn't need more than a place to sleep.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Chesterfield, MO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2008

The Econolodge is a very basic budget motel that is well past its prime.

Good points – The location is excellent close to Tri-County Mall with lots of restaurants nearby. You can walk to a McDonald’s and everything from IHOP, Burger King, Subway and Wendy’s are all within a mile. TV was very good with lots of channels and the internet access was excellent. The bed was OK, but a little soft. My checkin was very fast. He gave me a first floor room facing the highway, and even though they added a glass wall to block the noise, I still thought it was too noisy, so he happily switched me to a second floor room facing west which was much quieter. The elevator was nice and smooth, parking was plentiful. The room had a large refrigerator and small microwave.
The bad – The bathroom smelled like mold and I had to keep the door shut. I finally figured out the ventilation fan only re-circulates the air; it does not vent the moist bathroom air, which allows mold to flourish. There was little counter space around the sink. The breakfast was minimal, cereal, bread and little donuts. I usually walked to McDonald’s, I need more food than that the motel offered. The hotel is old and well worn though they have repainted the public areas. There is no pool. The lobby holds no more than 5 people. Note that there is no parking on the highway side (East side); it literally abuts I-75.

If you are looking for a basic, cheap motel to just spend the night, this is the place.

• Liked — Location was great, TV and internet were great
  • Disliked — Mold in bathroom, very run down
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Econo Lodge Sharonville? Share your experiences!