“It's fine for a 2 star hotel - Would maybe ? stay here again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2463 E. Sharon Road, Sharonville, OH 45241 (Formerly Sharonville Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
Woodland Hills, California, United States
“It's fine for a 2 star hotel - Would maybe ? stay here again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Giving a "poor" rating - but for price it was okay since there is a $50 credit thing offered by Choice Hotels right now. Otherwise, I wouldn't pay this rate for this room.

If you want a better bed for about the same price - go to Comfort Inn Suites. The bedding is very good here, but the bed mattresses are low end.

Pretty clean from what I can see - I tend to white -glove a hotel room. No sign of bugs in a/c. Tub was clean - rare find it seems these days - no mold in the corners, and the bottom looked well scrubbed out. Lights all worked fine.

Indoor pool and jacuzzi look clean and are really nice. Big window where you can look in to keep an eye on kids, or your spouse, from the hallway. Just off entrance way, too, so easy access.

Location - amazing! Just off I-75, and about a block down the road - between two "feature" classic family dining yummies - Frische''s Big Boy and Skyline Chili. I'd come back just for this convenience! You can miss and long for Skyline Chili when clear across country.

Blond young woman - Eastern European ? - working when I got in late night real sweetheart. Comes of as "interested in helping people, a listener, and great at her job. She's a keeper.

Place has laundry.
Easy parking right by door - with trolleys right by entrance.
WIFI works fine and consistently
TV reception was fine and easy to access tv channels - no wading through all the hotel advertising and movie ad junk first.

AVERAGE

Furniture-wise - place is "dated" - expect more like what you would find at a Motel 6, or other low-end but okay hotel. Furniture was in good condition. Basic small table in my room - big enough for one person to work at - would be tough for two people to use lap tops at the same time. Table is about 32" square. Two queen room is two small queens. Not my taste in artwork - looks like "funeral flowers" in the art work over beds.

Bed-wise. Hmmm. Not sure what to say here. I did find what looked like two bug carcasses - but I hoped for the best as I was dead-tired - and I didn't get bit during the night. So my conclusion is that maybe this came from the laundry, and not the room - otherwise I think there would have been a problem during the night.

Vending machine says "no quarters". Most things are $1.00 - so bring dimes, I guess.

Breakfast was standard: pour your own waffle, bagels, the weird egg patties, sausage and bacon (really like the sausage that is supplying a lot of these hotels), yogurt, cereals, juice (don't like the OJ supplier - the OJ always tastes off), apple juice, etc. Breakfast lady seems nice, but doesn't speak English.

COMPLAINTS

My biggest complaint was the room was FREEZING COLD when I arrived. Not just a/c cold - frigid cold. Took hours to get the room warmed up (this is middle of the summer).

On arrival - "odd strong smells" out front - and front desk women showed definite concern and tried to track it down. They allow smokers on the front porch. Hotel is smoke-free. Apparently some people had smoked products other than cigarettes - or - maybe they have resident 'skunks'. I'm allergic to the stuff - so for me walking in through the haze wasn't great.

Guy after 11pm - probably a student (?) - I'd probably write up and woman in the morning wasn't better. Both unhelpful and disinterested about my complaint: I couldn't seem to notice any warmer air coming out of the vent (cold stopped but not warm coming), he was too busy with whatever he was listening to on his headphone ear buds to give any concern and just told me to "let if warm up" - and walked away.

I asked about coffee - he points to a very dark room - 'In there'. Had that been me, I would have come out from behind the desk and gone and turned on the lights for a patron. Not him - he was too busy listening to his ear buds.

This morning I mentioned it to the woman who just came on duty and was equally "blown off". "Chipper-happy lady" - she just wanted to just flip everything to a positive and ignore the complaint.

Wide spectrum of staff at Choice Hotels - no consistency - maybe reflects ownership?

2/3 staff NEED RETRAINING - Customer Service POOR!!!

NICE EXTRAS I WISH THEY WOULD ADD OR FIX

A way to set the room temperature
Nightlight - I had to sleep with the lights on. Place is too dark with all lights off.
Fix the safety bar thing on the door - it doesn't fold across door correctly to work
Sink plumbing - sink fills with water - slow or blocked drain

CONCLUSION

I keep coming back to the best value and consistency is with Hampton Hotels. I don't work for the Hilton chain - but whoever is holding control over the Hampton franchisees - they just consistently deliver a good product and service.

Choice Hotels? Not so much.

Room Tip: I had a first floor room - if you want the pool area, vending machines, coffee and water, and close...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
OH567GM, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Sorry we didn't live up to your expectations. Many travelers believe we offer a clean and comfortable stay. Our aim is to provide everyone with the highest Quality experience, and hope that you give us another try.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Bloomington, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My family just spent 3 nights at this hotel. The rates were reasonable and the room was clean, but definitely needs an update. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was pretty good. Location was nice for us to get around. I thought the bed was uncomfortable, but the wife was fine with it. I would stay again, especially if it was painted and had the carpeting replaced.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
OH567GM, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Thank you for staying with us, and the kind words as well. We look forward to having you and your family return, updates to the hotel are always an on going process, and I think you'll enjoy what's "new" this fall. Come back soon to your home away from home!
Razorbackland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This place is about 15 minutes outside of downtown Cincinnati. Sitting just about a quarter mile off of the interstate. A couple of fast food joints on either side, Skyline and Big Boy. Nice little hotel, continental breakfast very well maintained! Office staff friendly. Room and hotel seemed clean.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful review. We certainly do pride ourselves with a warm, clean environment, and our breakfast staff enjoys going the "extra mile" to make sure our guests are taken care of. Please come back soon to what we hope is your home away from home!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

It was my husband and I first time in Cincinnati to visit. The room was clean and comfortable. The night/morning clerk was nice and knowledgeable on Cincinnati sights and events.We would stay here again! We are planning to say again in September for events.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us in May and welcome back to your home away from home in September. I'm sure you'll have another great Quality Inn experience when you return, and thank you so much for the kind words!
Ormond Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

After scouring internet reviews at 4pm as we drove 600 miles we pulled off and with trepididation were going to stay at a cheapy motel. However all the poor reviews of local motels, and now seeing them, made us wary so we drove around area. And snuck inbetween a Skyline chili and Big boy restaurant was a neat, well groomed Quality Inn & Suites. We went in and found this gem. Smelled clean, looked well cared for. Non scary patrons were on the premises. Rooms were similarly clean and well cared for. Bonus was hot breakfast. Quiet at night and comfy bed. This is a terrific overnight spot for the weary road traveler.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for staying at our gem of a Quality Inn & Suites in Sharonville. We're happy to have provided you a clean and comfortable place to stay during your travels. We greatly appreciate the kind review.
Shelby County Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Arrived at the hotel around 1 pm, desk attendant informed us that we could not check in for another 2 hrs. Didn't understand why we couldn't take care of the initial check in and come back later. Came back, checked in, attendant was cordial but not overly welcoming. Room was clean but very basic. Bathroom for the most part was clean and wasn't showing a lot of wear or aging like I have seen in many other hotels. I did notice some cob webs in one of the shower ceiling corners. Pool and hot tub were nice. As for the breakfast, it was very respectable. My only complaint with it was my egg patty had not been heated completely through. Overall considering what places closer to downtown Cincinnati charge it was ok for the price we were charged. I do think though I would try another location first if I am staying in the area again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
OH567GM, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We do pride ourselves on providing the best product with the best service. My apologies if we did not exceed your expectations, though we hope this does not deter you from staying with us again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

I found a great rate on this hotel, which was hard to pass up. The room was fine - it was large and the bed was comfy. The bathtub was dingy, and I had to clean up hairs off the bathroom floor and from inside the shower. Gross! When we checked in, the staff member was pleasant but not friendly. We were barely acknowledged when we checked out. Breakfast was fine - the hard boiled eggs were good, the egg patties were soggy. The waffle maker was a hit. For the price I paid, I probably got my money's worth. But I don't think I'd come back.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
We have done quite a bit of renovations over the past few months and have upgraded many of our amenities and breakfast options. We will provide you a better experience if you choose to stay with us again.

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!