“Clean, good price, good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2463 E. Sharon Road, Sharonville, OH 45241 (Formerly Sharonville Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
Bay City, Michigan
“Clean, good price, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The hotel was clean and the clerk at check-in was friendly. He even recommended activities for our kids in the area. The rooms were clean, beds comfortable, and the shower had good pressure. The pool was very small, but good for a quick swim with the kids. I think if more than 2 families were in the pool, it would be too crowded. The jets in the hot tub were broken, but I had heard that it was a recent break, so there was not likely time to have them fixed. The breakfast had eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, fruit, assorted breads, yogurt, cereal, milk and juice. Over all the place was good. I would've given it a 5 if the pool was bigger.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Charleston, WV
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The room was large, spotlessly clean, and had a wonderfully comfortable bed with nice linens. The bathroom furnishings showed some wear, but was clean. Breakfast was quite good. All the items were fresh and the fruit was much better than average.

However . . . when we checked in the room was hot and stuffy. The A/C (an under-the-window unit) only came on when we turned it all the way to the max. The office assured me that it wasn't broken, was new, and had a high-tech and energy efficient control that would keep us comfortable. Nope. After we went to bed, the room got hot and stuffy again. The A/C never came on, even on high and turned all the way up. The windows had no screen and the hotel is very near a busy RR track - we had to close the windows almost as soon as we opened them. Between the stuffy room and the RR noise, we had a very poor nights sleep.

Bottom line - this would have been pretty good if the A/C worked. But between that and the RR noise, we won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: You could ask for a room facing away from the RR, but I'm not sure that would really help.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had an overall nice experience. I wanted a cheaper hotel with an indoor pool. We arrived and our heater was broken and within 10 minutes our toddler clogged the toilet with toilet paper (sorry!). While we were leaving for an errand we told the front desk of our problems and they had someone replace the broken part on heater and unclogged toilet (we were gone for 2 hours). After this, I have no complaints. Bed was clean and comfortable. Television had disney channel and worked well. Very quiet hallway, no complaints. The indoor pool is not large at all. I took my daghter down to the pool at 8pm on a Saturday night and there were at least 9 other children in the pool. The children and 15 adults sitting around in the pool area used all the towels and allowed their kids to be obnoxious. This was not the hotel's fault. We went down to the pool again in the morning and it was empty. A nice quiet experience.

The breakfast buffet area is quite small, go early if you would like eating. The food was good and hot, a nice variety to choose from.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I stay here often due to location, price, and the fact that im able to not be bothered with noise while studing. The front desk was nice and they even let me have a late check out Overall ive had a nice experience...........................

• Stayed January 2013
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Based on the reviews I've seen for this property, there have been some problems in the past and some unsatisfied customers. However, during our three-day stay at the end of December, 2012, we were very satisfied with the quality and cleanliness of the place and the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Even though it is obviously not a new hotel, we found the lobby area and hallways to be extremely clean and well kept. The free breakfast is served in a roomy area and consists of both hot and cold options which I considered standard for this class of hotel. There is a swimming pool and exercise room which we didn't use, although the pool was being used frequently by other guests.

Our room on the third floor was quite satisfactory. The bed is just the right firmness and the sheets were clean with absolutely no sign of bedbugs or anything like that. The bathroom and shower were very well maintained and shampoo, etc., was provided. The towels are a little thin and scratchy but not as bad as some places I've stayed at. The TV is not a flatscreen but is big enough to be seen comfortably from the bed. Overall, the room was very satisfactory from our viewpoint. There is free Wi-Fi that works very well.

There are a couple of things I can mention on the negative side of the ledger: the heating and a/c unit took a long time to heat up the room and the temperature was hard to keep balanced, and, for those who care, there are train tracks just a block to the east which are very active with at least 3-4 trains going through at all hours. There are restaurants on each side of the hotel: a Big Boy just to the east and a chili joint to the west.

We got a great deal through Hotels.com for $49 a night for three nights, and at that price I consider this to have been a great deal and would recommend it to anyone (except those who don't like trains, of course).

Room Tip: The rooms facing west would be just little further away from the train tracks.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

This Sharonville Inn was advertising as a Country Inn and Suites, so we stopped for the night. We asked for a suite and paid for a queen suite with pullout couch. The room was hot, AC only worked in bedroom not cooling off entire suite area where the pullout couch was. And it was very hot. I was sweating just sitting down in a chair. I was with my husband and 2 kids. The pullout couch did not work, receptionist came up to the room confirmed that it did not work and that it was hot in the room. She could not offer me another room to accomodate my family of 4. So I asked for a refund. She said she cold not give me one, but she would sign a list of complaints for us to show the manager the next morning. We packed up our stuff because we could not stay in a room without a bed for my children and where it was very, very hot. When we got to the reception desk, I told 2 other people checking in not to stay on the 3rd floor because it was very hot and there was no central air conditioning, just a window unit. The receptionist got very upset and told me to quit complaining to other guests and that now she was not going to help us get a refund. She called the police to have me removed, because she said I was causing a public disruption. I asked for the corporate headquarters and she said there was no headquarters. When the police arrived they told me they couldn't force her to give me a refund, but asked her where we could call the company headquarters. That's when she said, this is the headquarters. We left, with the police, although we were not charged with anything or given any fines, because we were not causing a disruption. We left, so our kids could sleep in the van, we had a 5 hour trip back home and it was already midnight. I have called the manager Jed Sherman, several times and he will not return my phone calls. I complained to the BBB of Ohio. Jed told the BBB that it is company policy not to refund people who voluntarily leave, but he did admit that the pullout couch was broken. I still haven't heard from him. My bank can't help me get a refund due to federal regulations permitting them to do so with service goods. Don't stay here. If you complain they call the police on you and they don't refund you even if you are dissatisfied with the room. We were only in the room for about 45 mins. Jed told the BBB that he was sorry I had such a bad experience and that they do care about customer service. If this is true he would give us a refund for our terrible experience. But he is not. Word of mouth is the best or worst kind of advertising and I will be telling everyone NOT to stay here.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. They do not refund your money if your bed is broken or you have complaints, even i...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
OH567GM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
In response to the customer’s complaint regarding her stay at the Sharonville Inn & Suites, we would like to begin by apologizing for an uncomfortable stay. The guest walked in and was checked into the hotel on June 30, 2012, a night in which we were sold out. The room provided was the only room available that could accommodate four people. We are gratefully sorry about the inoperable sofa bed. Unfortunately there were no rooms with two queen beds available; otherwise we would have gladly transferred the guest and her family.

The building is constructed with central air on the first floor only, which is typical of small (75 rooms or less) limited service hotels. It was a very hot night, and week. Upon inspection however, the room air conditioner was and continues to work properly.

Our attendant on duty that night apologizes for any inconveniences experienced by the guest attributable to the hotel. She receives the most guest praise of all our employees. As her manager, I believe she tried everything she could to accommodate this guest, as she does with all our guests. She would only call the authorities if there was the potential for serious harm to her or the property.

Unfortunately our refund policy does not cover guests who voluntarily choose to leave the hotel after having used the room and its amenities.
Hamilton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed at this hotel with my family for a night while we were travelling back to Canada. Choose it for its proximity to the outlet mall in Monroe. The hotel signs say Country Inn and Suites, but they are moving to a Quality Inn in the next little while. After a problem with the computers at check in, we got our room and the roll a way cot. Rooms were clean, beds comfortable, pool and hot tub were OK. Hotel is getting a bit dated. Staff was OK. If you are staying at this hotel, try Skyline Chili right beside the hotel, its really good. Free breakfast was typical, but no fresh fruit. I thought I paid too much for the night, but understand I booked last minute through bookings.com.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jed S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
We're happy that you chose to stay with us. As you mentioned we are in the process of transitioning, so thank you for your understanding of our limited options. We will be providing more amenities and updating the property as the transition continues. We hope you give us another try during your next trip.

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!