“do not stay at this hotel!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2463 E. Sharon Road, Sharonville, OH 45241 (Formerly Sharonville Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
Nashville, Tennessee
“do not stay at this hotel!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

This Sharonville Inn was advertising as a Country Inn and Suites, so we stopped for the night. We asked for a suite and paid for a queen suite with pullout couch. The room was hot, AC only worked in bedroom not cooling off entire suite area where the pullout couch was. And it was very hot. I was sweating just sitting down in a chair. I was with my husband and 2 kids. The pullout couch did not work, receptionist came up to the room confirmed that it did not work and that it was hot in the room. She could not offer me another room to accomodate my family of 4. So I asked for a refund. She said she cold not give me one, but she would sign a list of complaints for us to show the manager the next morning. We packed up our stuff because we could not stay in a room without a bed for my children and where it was very, very hot. When we got to the reception desk, I told 2 other people checking in not to stay on the 3rd floor because it was very hot and there was no central air conditioning, just a window unit. The receptionist got very upset and told me to quit complaining to other guests and that now she was not going to help us get a refund. She called the police to have me removed, because she said I was causing a public disruption. I asked for the corporate headquarters and she said there was no headquarters. When the police arrived they told me they couldn't force her to give me a refund, but asked her where we could call the company headquarters. That's when she said, this is the headquarters. We left, with the police, although we were not charged with anything or given any fines, because we were not causing a disruption. We left, so our kids could sleep in the van, we had a 5 hour trip back home and it was already midnight. I have called the manager Jed Sherman, several times and he will not return my phone calls. I complained to the BBB of Ohio. Jed told the BBB that it is company policy not to refund people who voluntarily leave, but he did admit that the pullout couch was broken. I still haven't heard from him. My bank can't help me get a refund due to federal regulations permitting them to do so with service goods. Don't stay here. If you complain they call the police on you and they don't refund you even if you are dissatisfied with the room. We were only in the room for about 45 mins. Jed told the BBB that he was sorry I had such a bad experience and that they do care about customer service. If this is true he would give us a refund for our terrible experience. But he is not. Word of mouth is the best or worst kind of advertising and I will be telling everyone NOT to stay here.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. They do not refund your money if your bed is broken or you have complaints, even i...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
OH567GM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
In response to the customer’s complaint regarding her stay at the Sharonville Inn & Suites, we would like to begin by apologizing for an uncomfortable stay. The guest walked in and was checked into the hotel on June 30, 2012, a night in which we were sold out. The room provided was the only room available that could accommodate four people. We are gratefully sorry about the inoperable sofa bed. Unfortunately there were no rooms with two queen beds available; otherwise we would have gladly transferred the guest and her family.

The building is constructed with central air on the first floor only, which is typical of small (75 rooms or less) limited service hotels. It was a very hot night, and week. Upon inspection however, the room air conditioner was and continues to work properly.

Our attendant on duty that night apologizes for any inconveniences experienced by the guest attributable to the hotel. She receives the most guest praise of all our employees. As her manager, I believe she tried everything she could to accommodate this guest, as she does with all our guests. She would only call the authorities if there was the potential for serious harm to her or the property.

Unfortunately our refund policy does not cover guests who voluntarily choose to leave the hotel after having used the room and its amenities.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Hamilton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed at this hotel with my family for a night while we were travelling back to Canada. Choose it for its proximity to the outlet mall in Monroe. The hotel signs say Country Inn and Suites, but they are moving to a Quality Inn in the next little while. After a problem with the computers at check in, we got our room and the roll a way cot. Rooms were clean, beds comfortable, pool and hot tub were OK. Hotel is getting a bit dated. Staff was OK. If you are staying at this hotel, try Skyline Chili right beside the hotel, its really good. Free breakfast was typical, but no fresh fruit. I thought I paid too much for the night, but understand I booked last minute through bookings.com.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jed S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
We're happy that you chose to stay with us. As you mentioned we are in the process of transitioning, so thank you for your understanding of our limited options. We will be providing more amenities and updating the property as the transition continues. We hope you give us another try during your next trip.
Findlay, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Motel was easy to find off the interstate, Rooms were basic. Sheets were clean. Bed was comfortable. Some of the towels were old but no obvious stains...just a little off white. Breakfast was very limited.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jed S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Thanks for staying with us! We plan to do some amenity upgrades in the future, and your support is a great help. We hope to see you again.
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We were attending a conference and every hotel was booked. We luckily found this one. Staff was great! Rooms were clean and comfortable. Location is nice too!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel a few years ago and was not happy with the staff. The company that I work for found out that the hotel was under new management so I decided to try it out again. The staff was great and the front desk person said that they are converting to a Quality Inn & Suites. I will definitely stay here when I am in town again.

Room Tip: Make sure you eat next door at Jim Dandy's BBQ. They have the best BBQ in town.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Southeast Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

My family rented two rooms while on a trip to Kings Island. First, let me say I'm a little confused, because the sign on the building and all the signs in and around the property still say Country Inn & Suites, but it's listed as Sharonville Inn & Suites on Tripadvisor???

I would stay here again and recommend it. Check in was quick and no hassle. Staff was friendly. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Furniture was in good repair. Bed was clean and comfortable. The bathroom had a large countertop with room for all our things, the shower had good water pressure and soft water. The towels were soft and in good shape. I had no trouble connecting to the wireless internet and it had average speed. The pool area and exercise room were clean and in good shape. The machines were all working and in good shape. The most important thing out of the whole stay was no bed bugs!

The most negative thing we experienced was our rooms were on the top (3rd) floor and the area was experiencing a heat wave. Needless to say it was very hot when we first entered and it did take awhile to cool down, but once it got cool, it stayed cool.

I didn't personally eat breakfast, but my wife said it wasn't bad.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thanks for the comments. I'm glad you would recommend us. We do our best to make sure each guest is as comfortable as possible. Hope to see you again soon!
Cedar Park, Tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The most memorable thing about the Sharonville Inn was the really nice staff. In addition, the rooms are clean and bug-free, which is no small feat in Cincinnati. The hotel has a very nice indoor pool/hot tub area. The only 2 issues are small and are no fault of the staff; 1. The hotel is currently between affiliations. It had been a Country Suite and it is searching out a new affiliation. When you come, don't expect "to see Sharonville Inn" in the building. The old Country Inn signage is still there. 2. The hotel is on a very busy part of Sharonville Road and making a left turn to get back towards the Interstate can be difficult. However, the up side is that the hotel is close to the Interstate and the attractions we visited.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor and were very happy.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind comments. We appreciate the review and look forward to your next stay with us.

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!