“Great Business Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Sharonville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11149 Dowlin Drive, Sharonville, OH 45241   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book an Offer Just 4 You!
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
Boston
“Great Business Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed here for a recent business trip to Evendale. The hotel lobby was being renovated, but it was not an inconvenience at alll. When completed, it will look fantastic I am sure. The rooms are typical HGI, bed, flat screen tv, fridge and small bathroom. Since I was traveling on business, the key things that I look for is reliable wifi, good fitness facility and convenience to where I am going. The hotel is right near the entrance to 75, so it was very easy to get to where I was going. The fitness room was nice as well. I only run, they had treadmills with tv's right in them, which is exactly what I was looking for. The front desk staff was friendly and very accomidating. I arrived early and they made a big effort to find me a room. The only thing that I could find to complain about is the pillows on the bed, they are too soft for me, but when you put two together, it is uncomfortible as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I travel to Cincinnati quite frequently for business. I picked this hotel because of it's location which is a short drive from my client. In the past , I stay at hotels near the CVG airport as there are more choices and they are -quite frankly- nicer. But This was an early morning appoinment and I wanted to avoid the morning traffic jams going over the bridge from the CVG Airport.

This is an ok hotel - along the lines of a Hampton Inn. The rooms are OK. the staff is friendly and helpful. However the area around the hotel is not the best- you won't be going for any walks in this part of town. there aren't a lot of restaurant options nearby either.

The next time I'll probably stay at the CVG Airport hotel and put up the morning traffic jams

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a soccer weekend when my kids had a tournament in greater Cincinnati. Hotel was convient to the freeway, and had many options for food in the area.

Rooms were good in size, what you expect from a Hilton Garden Inn, we requested a rollaway bed and was in our room when we arrived. Pool area was good for the kids to swim in and the area also was just big enough for parents to supervise.

Our rate included breakfast and that was fine. The lobby was big enough for parents to socialize as well.

We utilized their conference room for a team pizza party, great space and the staff was very accommodating.

We would stay here again if in the area for an event.

• Stayed April 2012
Des Moines, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This was my second business trip to Cincinnati, trips where we generally start very early and work until very late at night. On trips like this I don't need a lot of frills, just a clean, comfortable room I can come back to, watch a little bit of TV before I knock off until we start the next day. While most of the basics in the room were fine, the third floor room I got was surrounded by a veritable haze of cigarette smoke odor that annoyed me the whole trip.

For the record, my room was listed as non-smoking, but it was literally the very last one before the floor became smoking. The room next door and across from me were both smoking rooms. I noticed the odor as soon as I got off the elevator, and it only increased the further along the hallway I got until it permeated the whole area. I don't know if those rooms had never been aired out or what, but it was very pungent. On the plus side, it wasn't as noticeable once I got into my room, only when I was close to the door or actually exiting.

I wanted to give the hotel a chance to help me out before I posted here, so I asked at the front desk about changing rooms. I will say, the people there were friendly, polite and apologetic about their inability to do anything for me. Apparently the hotel was full one of the nights of my stay, and rather than put anyone else in my lousy room, they could only move me and then move me back the next day. Rather than deal with that hassle, I just stayed in the stinky part of the hotel the rest of the time.

On the upside, I walked through the first and second floors, and they didn't reek like three did, so if you get one of those floors, you could have a nice stay. The pool area seemed clean when I used the hot tub, which was pleasant. Breakfast wasn't free but they had more options available than the Holiday Inn across the street (where I stayed last time). Nothing to write home about, but it was okay. The bed was comfortable once I figured out the silly firm-soft dial they extol as a feature. Shower worked well. Like I said, most of the actual room was fine, I just didn't enjoy the gauntlet I had to run to get to it.

I dunno. I guess I might stay here again if I could be sure I got a room away from the smoking annex. But then again, there are a lot of other hotels right in this area, and I don't see why I shouldn't give them a try instead.

Room Tip: Third floor absolutely reeked of cigarette smoke when I was there. Try to stay on 1 or 2.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Scott W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Sharonville, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We apologize for the unwanted smoke smell during your stay and we are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. We will look into our policies and procedures for refreshing guest rooms and common area hallways. We try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel and I apologize for the inconvenience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

I chose this based on reviews. Didn't realize no free breakfast. My mistake cost us extra money.

Had issues with room including door not closing (coming off hinges),broken toilet seat and no remote in room.

There was lots of noise and we thought it was guest on next floor. I personally went to the next floor only to determine it was the floor, not guest running.

We visit the area often and have stayed in several hotels in the area. This was a "one and done" stay.

• Stayed July 2012
Scott W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Sharonville, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for your feedback in regards to the condition of the guest room and bathroom I’ve worked with maintenance to fix both issues, however I apologize that they weren’t resolved sooner. We would also like to apologize for the noise that interrupted your stay as well. Thank you again for your review and I invite you to stay with us the next time you return to the area.
illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

In for Primerica Convention...Front Desk - Very Responsive, helpful, friendly
Room - Great:refrigerator, microwave, comfortable bed, forceful shower, plug-in internet was broken, wi-fi fine.
Amenities:Well... Imagine a pool & fitness room closing @ 11pm & opening @ 6am. Got up early to swim & gym & found towels all over, some clothes:t shirt, 3 sox, tampon boxes, toilet paper, paper towels on the floor in the bathroom & fitness, maybe even tampons...didn't venture beyond the door. Cleaning crew doesn't come in til 7 or 8. Not making good business sense, since many folks are just pigs...
Room doors don't close tight, so be sure to double check it when u leave, or you may have an unwanted visitor.
Room keys consistently glitched out(twice), so maybe carry both with you in case 1 doesn't let u in...
Can't get my $ back (they guarantee satisfaction)cause I used other program points to check in, so hope u have better luck than me.
Maybe they'll spend a little more on upkeep or add some more help.

Room Tip: Hard to tell - door & key problems could be in any room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Sharonville, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for the review of our hotel. I am sorry the pool area had not been serviced before you arrived in the morning. I have worked with maintenance concerning the door closer and the lock situation. Thank you for the kind compliments concerning our front desk staff. I hope your stay in Cincinnati for your convention was productive. Please consider us again during your next trip to the area.
Columbus, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Nice hotel centrally located in the northern part of Cincinnati. Clean and Quiet. Breakfast was good and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Your kind review of our hotel is greatly appreciated. I will share your comments with our staff. I do hope your trip to the Cincinnati area was successful and we look forward to your return.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Sharonville? Share your experiences!