“Pretty Good” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Southern Indiana
“Pretty Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I had a pulled pork sandwich platter. Pork was very juicy and tender. My 2 sides was mac & cheese, which was really good, and potato salad which wasnt bad but not how I like it. Cornbread was good as well. Overall I would go again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Windsor, Canada
“Tender juicy pull pork sandwich”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Driving south on I-75 and decided to make a lunch stop. We were in sharonville on east Sharon road and found Jim danDy's BBQ. The smell from the smoker were delicious and we were waiting to get some southern BBQ. The pull pork sandwiches were juicy and tender, but the sauce fell short of expectation. We started on the mild and it was too blend, then we started to mix up the sauces that are available at the end of the counter from hot to extra hot. My recommendation is to order the sandwich without sauce and top off with their selection of sauces to your liking. For me, it wasn't the sauce that received the 3 star ratings, the men restaurant was not the at all tidy or clean. The waste bin was over flown, stains around the toilet. I hope the restroom did not resemble the kitchen at the establishment. I think the staff should at least check the restrooms once for the 40 minutes that we sat in the restaurant instead of getting soda from the fountain to quench their thirst.

Beside that, great pull pork sandwich.

“Great BBQ period”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I'm lucky - I live in Sharonville so I eat here once a week. Everyone I have ever brought here has enjoyed it. Family-owned Jim start out of a BBQ pit parked in a lot down the street. The rest as they say - history. There used to be a large and established BBQ place within 1/2 mile. They are gone and Jim is still here - that ought to tell you something!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Denver
“good meat, bland sides and sauces and indifferent service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I had a craving for bbq and read the reviews on TA and thought I would give Dandy's a try. I was looking forward to my visit given the excellent reviews they had received.
I visited Dandy's at 5:30 pm on a Saturday. The smell of barbecue from outside is alluring and definitely draws you in. The decor is rustic and has a casual familial appeal.

Given it was still quite early I was the only patron in the restaurant.
I approached the counter and gave my order; 1/4 chicken (breast and wing), collard greens and beans. The young women who took my order never even looked up from what she was doing as she took my order. I asked her about recommendations as to the sides. Perhaps I should have listened to her one side menu suggestion. (mac and cheese )
The chicken appeared to be previously prepared as it was pulled from a covered tray in front of her. The barbecue sauce was squeezed on from a plastic condiment bottle.
The meat appeared to be of good quality and quite tasty. The bbq sauce was a little too sweet and did not have the flavorful punch one expects from a condiment accompanying a piece of barbecue chicken. (I am still trying to find an incredible bbq sauce in the states like the one they have in Canada at Swiss Chalet). The collard greens and beans were average.
I don't think I would give Dandy's another try .
In my travels I have visited many bbq restaurants and unfortunately I left disappointed.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“EXCELLENT RIBS!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

The ribs are awesome and people are friendly. I will eat here everytime I am in town for business. You might see complaints about only 2 bbq sauces being offered, but in my opinion, who cares as long as they aee tasty, which they are.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere