“Nothing special” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
Crossville, Tennessee
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

This is a standard Holiday Inn Express with nothing extra to set it apart. Our first impression on walking into our room was negative, it stunk. After three days (and a lot of room deodorizer) we concluded that the air conditioner was at fault. It cooled the room, but didn't remove the humidity. The smell was a funky, damp odor, probably from a clogged filter? The room, however, was very clean with a fridge and microwave. FYI, as a Priority Platinum member, we were disappointed that the only perk we received was a bottle of water.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
AJ S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and we do take into consideration our guest views. We are currently in the process of refreshing the hotel and we encourage you to come stay with us again. We make sure our guest are our number priority from the time they enter the hotel. Again thank you and we hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ansonia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Here we go. Upon check in we were greeted by a 100% American. He was fabulous! Very helpful. Our suite, (We read this on another review also) had a bit of a musty smell, but appeared clean including the tub and Jacuzzi. The breakfast was a bit of a disappointment. Breakfast was supposed to be served from 6-9:30 a.m. We went down around 8 and all the hot food was gone and there were just too many people in such a small area to wait around. Day 2 of our romantic getaway, at about 4:30 p.m. We came back to the room. It was not cleaned, just freshened as the front desk lady referred to it. Not all the towels were replaced, No big deal, but it would be nice to have enough towels when you pay as much as we did for a 2 night Jacuzzi Suite. **As we are trying to enjoy ourselves and relax, I was in the Jacuzzi. My husband was about to get in, when a maid walks in **WITHOUT KNOCKING** I was so embarrassed. I reported the incident to the Assistant Manager and the young man that checked us in. It was just as embarrassing for them as I am explaining. "While I was nude in the hot tub..." The manger was very good and took care of the situation, also addressing the issue with the employee. We also used the guest laundry room. It was very clean and only $1.75 to wash and dry our items. It was great having that available. So. With all of that said, I would recommend this hotel, as long as you are not hungry for breakfast. Make double sure the doors are locked. The staff, other than the maid service was top notch! The lobby was very clean and pretty. Our suite was very nice and in good repair. Its location is very nice when visiting the Cincy area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Youngstown, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

The Sharonville property is a typical Holiday Inn Express, not a great one. The staff was very helpful in check-in, check-out and giving directions. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet, if not especially large. It is far enough from Interstate-75 to be quiet in a residential area. There were plenty of restaurants nearby, as well as a pleasant suburb. Breakfast was fine, but the staff had trouble keeping up with the rush. It looked like one overworked but pleasant woman handled both the desk and refreshing the breakfast bar. Businesses can cut staff only so far until it will begin to have a negative effect.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Spent two nights. Room was clean and staff was friendly. Close to Great American Ball park and the zoo

• Stayed June 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

Rooms seemed a little dated / stuffy and had a stuffy smell. Not terrible though. Big and plain bathrooms...everything worked and had great water pressure. Had great breakfast service. Two people were working hard to keep the food and coffee out. Gave an average rating compared to other Holiday Inn Expresses but not a bad stay.

• Stayed June 2012
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Now this is a hotel I wouldn't mind staying even for a week. The rooms are great, light and roomy. Plenty of outlets for all your electronics. If you are a Gold or higher member their suites are great. Like having two separate rooms with two separate TVs. Everything works in the room and do I do mean everything. Breakfast in the morning is good. Hot food is hot and cold is cold. People very friendly and helpful. Would stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a upgrade you will enjoy their upgraded rooms.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Daniel L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank you for your kind words and thank you, again, for staying with us. If you are traveling in the area in the future, we hope to see you again!
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Stayed here for a weeklong business trip to the area, and overall I was rather pleased. Seeing as this is a chain hotel catering to business travelers and the like, there was nothing particularly notable or unique about it, but my room was more modern and updated than I expected for the money, and the amenities were functional though limited.

I ended up with a two queen room, which was nice: clean with comfortable beds and a flat screen TV. There was also a fridge and microwave which I never had the need to use but could be handy to have around. The bathroom was plain but everything worked, with good water pressure and temperature. My window looked out on a small neighborhood street which made for a quiet neighborhood. I never heard any noise outside my room the whole week.

There's a pool (which I never used) but no hot tub, and a very small exercise room. I used a stationary bike one morning; I think there was also an elliptical machine and some free weights. The "business center" area was one computer next to the elevator - a bit odd, but it worked fine for me.

The complimentary breakfast was my only real complaint. It was one of the worst I've had in a hotel. The first morning featured some sort of imitation omelette which felt like it was made of styrofoam. Hot foods the other morning were similarly unnatural feeling scrambled eggs and rubbery sausage patties. There was also no fruit, limited yogurt and only sugary-sweet cold cereal so I quickly ran out of alternative options.

This hotel was pretty cheap, so the quality level of the room pleasantly surprised me. Everything was comfortable, clean and seemed new. Breakfast was bad, but I'd just use the savings from the room rate to go out for a better one. It wasn't a particularly exciting hotel, but it served my purposes while I was there. I'd probably stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Cyclone05,

Thank you so much for taking time to write your feedback. I am pleased to know that you liked our room accommodations and amenities. I apologize that the breakfast served during your travel did not live up to your expectations. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites? Share your experiences!