“Average or below than average for Holiday Inn Express” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
Toronto, Canada
“Average or below than average for Holiday Inn Express”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

It was my first stay there and I think it will be the last one. At least i will consider other hotels around.
The location is good and parking is spacious and free. The staff is friendly, but not very helpfull. The lobby is outdated. The rooms are average, but not as clean as other Holiday Inns I stayed before.
The breakfast was below than average.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Dear tr0p1k,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are glad you liked the location of our hotel. I would like to apologize for any discomfort the staff may have caused. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to host you should your travels bring you back to Sharonville.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Picking a hotel is always scary for me because of the whole bedbug thing going around so I am always reading reviews before booking anything. I can never find a hotel without any negative reviews so when I book I am always one to ask about bedbugs. This hotel was very clean and super nice. The pool area was very clean and well maintained, the breakfast area was well stocked and very clean, the lobby was clean, the rooms were very clean. The only complaint I have was the room was a little warm. Mu husband and I stayed in the suite room on the 3rd floor. When getting off the elevator on the 3rd floor you were hit in the face with warmth. I figured the room would have been cooler but it wasn't. We turned the air on the lowest it would go (65 degrees) and it still did not cool down much. Over all we had a really good experience and would def stay again when in Cincinnati for another Reds game. THANKS

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Nice and clean. Updated decor, but the hallway was burning up, I mentioned it to the guy at the front desk and he had an I dont care demeanor about it. I would stay there again

• Stayed April 2012
Daniel L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you for your stay with us, and am glad that you were able to enjoy your time with us. We hope that next time you are in the Cincinnati/Sharonville area you stay with us again!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012 via mobile

A beautiful hotel, a great location, but that's where the greatness stops. The reader for the hotel pool did not work, so we had to find someone to get us into the hotel. The pool was freezing cold, so much for relaxing after a long day. The heavy curtains don't close in the rooms, and a nice big spot light is shining through the window from the adjoining neighborhood. There is a loud grinding noise, occurrs about every 2 minutes, that will also keep you awake all night long (at least if you stay in room 204). The minuses outweigh the pluses for this hotel, especially since there are a half dozen establishments right around this one where someone could stay and get some much deserved rest.

• Stayed April 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Dear amyberg22,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed the location of our hotel. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and apologize you found the pool too cold as well as the problems in your room. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
dayton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

We were greeted by a professional young man, checked in quickly and I was offered my free bottle of water for being a Priority Club member. Got to the room and it was very clean and seemed well-maintained. We had a jacuzzi suite and the jacuzzi was awesome- very relaxing. Breakfast was good, had a nice variety of choices and the pool and fitness area both looked nice, though we never used them. Overall the hotel was quiet (which we prefer), clean and served our needs. We would stay again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Daniel L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to the area. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and if there is anything my staff and I can do to make your next stay with us even better, please, do not hesitate to let us know!

Dan Love
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights on business. The room was nice and clean. In the middle of the week, the thermostat in my room broke. The room was pretty warm, so I turned on the air on the coldest it would go, however, it was shooting out hot air. Dominique at the front desk was very helpful and accommodating. She allowed me to sleep in a different room for the night. Their maintenance guy came the next day and fixed the problem. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is because the heat fan comes on for about a minute or two, shuts off, then comes back on again about 2 minutes later. It got a little annoying when trying to watch TV at night. The hotel also does not have a bar, but other than the issue in my room that one night, my stay was very nice.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Daniel L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
I apologize for the problems you experienced with the heating unit during your stay. I am certainly glad that our staff was able to find quick resolutions to the problems at hand, and that you left satisfied with your stay.
We hope that, for your next business trip to the area, you choose to stay with us again!

Dan Love
Hilliard, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

I reserved my hotel online and checked in. At the time of checkin , they asked my license and credit card again. I gave it to her and next day checked out from the hotel. I was looking at my credit card statement and I saw they have charged my credit card again... So please make sure that you verify credit card statement once checked out.. could be double charges... Also pool water was cold even they said it is heated pool.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites? Share your experiences!