We had a Great time here! My husband, myself, our 11 year old son & his friend stayed here the day before we went to Cedar Point. Waterpark was fun, outdoor pool was nice, (lifeguard on duty) room was clean. Staff was very Friendly!
We ordered pizza from the room service & it was good...not to pricey. TGI fridays is connected & we were going to eat there but they for some reason they changed their hours and didn't notify Castaway Bay that they were no longer open until midnight, (they closed at 10 pm) we had a late night at the waterpark...
Only issue we had was at about 4am there was a horrible smell....not sure what it was or where it came from but smelled like oil or raw sewage...lasted for about 1/2 hr then went away.
Overall I would recommend this place to stay and we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribbean meets Sandusky at this resort destination for vacationers. With its tropical theme, guests at Cedar Point's Castaway Bay feel like they have just landed on an island paradise upon entering this lush indoor waterpark resort. Castaway Bay features 237 hotel rooms and suites including family-oriented units, a 38,000-square-foot indoor waterpark loaded with water activities for all ages, fitness center, 6,000-square-foot state-of-the-art arcade, a craft and child activity center, three restaurants, retail shops, adjacent marina and space for meetings, group events and birthday parties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Castaway Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castaway Bay Hotel Sandusky
- Castaway Bay Sandusky
- Sandusky Castaway Bay
- Bay Castaway Ohio
- Castaway Bay Resort Sandusky, Ohio