“Hotel and spa” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 34 hotels in Sandusky
Martins Ferry, Ohio, United States
“Hotel and spa”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I read the reviews before my family went to stay at the hotel and thought that everything that was being said could not be true. We checked in on friday night when we went to our room it smelled bad but did get better the 2nd night,the front counter staff was nice,mango mikes staff was nice,the waterpark was nice had alot of fun there but on monday after i had my spa time I went to get my family who was in the hot tub where there was another couple in there with there child heres where the problem was the older lady that was sitting there watching the hot tub comes in and starts yelling at this couple just because the lady was leaning against her husband what was the big deal itdidnt bother us we were the only other ones there.to get back to the spa the staff was nice but over priced the book said it wouls cost $115.00 but when i went to pay it cost me $145.00 why? I got a message and facial which the facial was great and what i got of a message was nice she only did my back,shoulders,and arms .in my past messages i also got my legs and feet done and it never cost that much. I also got a manicure which was a nice however they did not have a dryer to dry my nail polish.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

572 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Troy, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Went this past Friday nite after a day at Cedar point. Front desk a little slow - this is more procedural based than a direct reflection of the staff. Stayed in room 318 (Pelican room). Room was overall clean. A/C unit smelled a little of mold but not that offensive. Beds were a bit on the squeeky side, but not enough to disrupt our sleep. Bathroom was clean. Hotel overall was pleasant, not overly busy. We pre-purchased the breakfast buffet at Mango Mike's. The food was hot and better than I had expected. Eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast, hashbrowns, fruit, cereal, donuts. Don't get me wrong, it's not 5 stars or Michelin rated, but passable for a family resort. I was really worried after reading all of the reviews that we were headed for a disaster, but overall this was a good hotel for a couple of 9 year olds after a long day at Cedar point. Nothing really to complain about.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed from 08/30/12 threw 09/02/12 Service desk poor welcoming personal don't look u in the face They don't Listen to you instead their eye on screen when finish registering customer (( he say ooh)) why you didn't tell me what you need from the beginning..
Starbucks Coffe very very nice young lady ( 10am 9/2/12) accidentally  I spilled Coffe all over the counter the first thing she concern about was my clothe she gave me new cup with no charge I offer to clean or pay she refused with big smile ..

Gift shop on the day of my departure one of the girls didn't show up at least till 11: o'clock the lady in the candy store helped us by opening the clothe shop for 20: mins and got what we wants from t shirts all what we wants to do is spend our money there.. But it was nice of her ..

Room service poor very poor we took suite for six adult the next day we came back to suite around 3pm no one been there we had to call for house keeping
Saturday came back to room around 4pm room is clean but only find 4 towels for six adults called front desk as  a paying customer saying six adults!!suite!! The answer was SO you need more towels !?
Then my attitude kicked in and said no I need just enough for six
The impressment came when i heard the person coming from the elevator talking on his radio with the front desk about me I need more towels in room number @@@ i guessed that everyone around heard my story in that floor..
Water park friendly and smiley personal very nice .
Arcade do not go there to win you have to make kids understande if power goes off on any machine especially when they win a big thing it's normal so they don't get disappointed ..
Location is good close to amusement park

I believe there is no supervisors at all or concern of a management ..

Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My sister and I and 5 kids stayed at this hotel for 1 night (10/15/11) before heading to Cedar Point. The kids loved the water park. We found it to be clean and fun :) We had 2 connecting rooms and a nice view of the park in the distance. The rooms were clean, and what we needed for 1 night. We requested a roll away bed and it was delivered while we were in the water park. When we returned we found our mini refrigerator (that we had just filled with 6 beers and snacks) was raided. Whoever delivered our roll away bed took 4 beers as a tip! Thief!! Thankfully we did not bring a laptop and had our iPhones with us :(

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Similar experience as many of the others... First room smelled so bad we immediately called to get anther room. Next room was smelly and filthy too but at least bearable. All I have to say is Cedar Point should get out of the hotel business. Fortunately our stay was brief. One night and believe me we got the heck out of there the aexind we could. Wow never seen anything quite like it. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL HORRIBLE!

Port Huron, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

I came to Sandusky with my two teenage nephews hoping to spend the day at Cedar Point. We arrived to find that the park was drenched in rain that continued to fall all day. Thankfully our hotel let us know that because we stayed in a Cedar Point hotel, we could visit Castaway Bay for only $10 more per person. We all had a blast. They have a lazy river, a wave pool, an indoor/outdoor hottub, several slides, and a lots of beach chairs for parents. This was a great alternative to a rainy day at Cedar Point, or if you're spending multiple days in Sandusky.

Buffalo, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I will start with the good. My kids loved the water park and the arcade. It was very nice for them to have something to do once we arrived, since we were not planning to go to Cedar Point until the following day. After a 4 1/2 hour car ride, they needed to blow off some steam. The room was pretty much as I expected, due to previous reviews that I read. Mold on the bathroom ceiling, shower curtain and tiles. There was also an unpleasant smell to the room. I brought a bottle of clorox clean up with bleach and yankee candle spray which helped. I wish I would have read the reviews before I booked the room. The fan in the bathroom did not work and the safe did not work either. The beds were small and uncomfortable. The breakfast was standard buffet fare but good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Castaway Bay Resort? Share your experiences!