“Fun atmosphere!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 34 hotels in Sandusky
Pearisburg, Virginia
“Fun atmosphere!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

First impression of the hotel was not very good when first walked in. Building and carpet was a little outdated and dingy. However, beds were nice and very comfortable. Impression of the hotel definitely changed after a 3 nights stay. Lots of things to do at hotel. Thirsty Pony restaurant was GREAT!! Awesome food, HUGE portions, and fun/friendly environment. Indoor water park was a blast. Would definitely stay here again, definitely got my money's worth with all the activities. Although hotel is old and needs some updated, would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to have a good time!!

Stayed July 2014

203 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Erie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Booked a family suite but was notified while enroute to hotel the suite was having plumbing problems. The hotel ended up making it right and putting us in adjourning rooms at no extra charge. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were a nice size but dated. The bathrooms were ok but needs to be better cleaned. Appeared to have mold at base of tub. Hallways and carpet were in desperate need of updating. Location was perfect just down the street from the park. The hotel restaurant Thirsty Pony was EXCELLENT, best burger around and reasonable. Great atmosphere to hang out for a late night drink as well. The inside water park needed attention, the water looked muddy and gloomy. Overall, decent place to stay, the food and location was perfect.

• Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Lots of things to do like bowling, arcade games and Lazer tag.Indoor Waterpark with slides and a hot tub and outdoor pool. Friendly staff and comfortable rooms. Perfect for a family trip or just casual business ventures. Recommended to anyone.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Lowell, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Not perfect, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. After 9 hours of thrill rides we wanted a meal & a room. This offered both & then some. We had 2 teens with us, so they loved the pool & water park. They had a ball! The included breakfast offered a larger variety of food than I've seen at other Choice Hotels. Have the Thirsty Pony next door was a plus. We were able to get checked in & send the kids to the pool while we ordered dinner for take out back to our room.

Springfield, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed from July 16th to the 19th in room 123. I went upstairs to get breakfast and got to the top of the stairs and fell on the floor. I busted my eye and hurt my foot and knee. The lady upstairs was a real sweet person. She hurried and got me an ice pack and wanted to know if I was ok and carried a plate of food down to my room.She told me I need to file a report but when I went to the desk for another ice pack the woman there said she didn't know if she had one but went in the room and brought me one out but never mentioned a report . I did at check out tell the lady that the night before the man at the desk said I should file a report before I checked out and I did. When I checked innoone never mentioned they would bring us food if I called and I knew I couldn't afford to order from my room. I went to the hospital after I come home and they said no bones was broke but they are having me get checked for a problem with my retina, Also the room as I walked in to the bathroom there was a tack or something that kept sticking my foot. The toilet had to be flushed a few times to get it to go down and even for just toilet. I did tell the maid at check out. Loved the bowling and swimming and every thing. Just wanted you aware of the few things that happened on my visit. Sheila Ferryman.

Room Tip: The room on first floor was great but no hand rails in the bathtub made it scary to shower afraid of...
State College, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The staff was really nice. The rooms were clean. Breakfast had more variety than most hotels. The water slides and rain room were nice. There was not a fan in the bathroom, and there was not a refrigerator or microwave.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Twinsburg, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First let me say I have stayed in much worse hotels. This hotel was not what I'm used when staying at a Quality Inn. The hotel needed lots of general maintenance and housekeeping. They should vacuum the common area stairs and clean up the spiderwebs on said stairs. Our coffee pot was covered in dust and the vents were covered in dust so much so that we set the fire alarm off when we turned the heat on.

The outdoor pool needed some work. It has a waterfall that was covered in old leaves and a musical play area that no one knew what it was. The whole pool just needs to be revamped.

The waterpark was horrible. It didn't open until 4pm. It only had 2 waterslides. 1 running and when someone asked why the other slide wasn't they were told it was because people were lazy. My 3 year old was not impressed and neither was I. We stayed for 2 nights but on the 3rd night we went across the street to Castaway Bay.

I won't stay here again and wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. Just splurge and stay at a real waterpark.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Rainwater Park? Share your experiences!