“I WILL BE BACK” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 34 Hotels in Sandusky
Jeffersonville, Indiana
“I WILL BE BACK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Excellent location, right on the CEDAR POINT PARK CAUSEWAY. I did a lot of fishing and the public access areas are less than 3 miles from hotel. Rainwater hotel is filed under - You get What You Paid For. In inclement weather, this would be the perfect place if you have pre-teens and under children. Bowling, Lazer Tag, Arcade and the Indoor Water Park are the highlights of this hotel. If inclined to spend more, I suggest -CASTAWAY BAY RESORT which is right across the CAUSEWAY. All in all, as a couple or someone just wanting to fish from shore this will be the BEST HOTEL FOR THE MONEY. Thirsty Pony Restaurant, CEDAR DOWNS - ( BETTING PARLOR W/PLENTY OF ACTION ), Lottery Outlet and the Best kept secret I have noticed no one comments on - National chain $ Store sells BEER & WINE, even on Sunday.

Room Tip: If possible, get a room in the RAINWATER COMPLEX
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I should have know when checking in and walked out. The lobby is dirty and outdated, with dingy stained worn out carpeting. The distraction of the waterpark and bowling were the only reason I checked in. When we got our room key we drove in back to the parking lot to park. Even the parking lot is in disrepair with badly crumbling asphalt, rocks, garbage and no order. Walking to the room the hallways were dirty with garbage, leaves and outdoor debris and lint from the dryer which we had to pass. Someone was washing clothes with some clothes in the dryer and some wet clothes on top making the whole hallway damp and musty. The room was worn out and stained. The curtains had brownish water stains half way up and the beds were so old and worn out it felt like they were on the floor. Carpet again stained and worn.
We did not stay more than 10 minutes in the filth. When letting the desk know we would not be staying they informed us they would hold our money for 48 hours. At that point I did not care, you could not have paid me to stay there.

Room Tip: Keep Driving
Indiana, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

This place is a dump, the hallways reek of cigarette smoke, its embedded in the nasty carpets. They need completely replaced, run down, smelly carpets everywhere. The rooms was decent but that stench from the hallway permeates the room. My bed box spring was broken and I had to lie at an angle. The water park is totally claustrophobic, way to cramped, rust showing, and i suspect the water is lacking in enough chlorine. DO NOT bother with this place, pay more for one of the fancier places with a waterpark inside or just find a clean simple place. This place needs totally redone, also the clientele is a bit scary which is not the hotel's fault. The restaurant and bowling alley attached were quiet nice, but do not stay here. We were scheduled for two days and i switched to just one so we could get out of there! The clerks did not even want to know why, I suspect they are used to people leaving.

Room Tip: DOnt even think about it, this place needs totally redone
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Akron, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Checked into room 228 on July 31-Aug 1, 2012.. just an overnight to get to Cedar Point in the morning. The place looked so-so from the outside, the staff was friendly enough, the room was just okay.. didn't appear dirty. The pizza from The Thirsty Pony is outstanding, even if expensive (almost $50 for 2 pizzas!) The water park is small and has a ton of bugs! But it was a good enough place to lay our heads.. until I returned home and noticed a few bit marks on my hands. By yesterday, I was covered in welts, and they are still popping up. I researched it, and the hallmark of bedbugs is clusters of 3 (breakfast, lunch and dinner). I have stayed nowhere else. I called the hotel, who said they haven't heard of any complaints of bedbugs, and that everyone would have them if that were the case. Not so, and now that I'm researching it, I'm seeing a LOT of complaints. Why are they trying to cover it up? MONEY of course! I am now awaiting a callback from a manager. IF they get rid of their bedbug problem, I would stay again, unless of course they don't ADMIT they have one, which they DO! (otherwise I would have given 3 stars)

Room Tip: Look very good @ your mattresses for bedbugs!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We were there 2 days. The hotel was more fun than Cedar Point. The water park was excellent and the restaurant had great food. Glow bowling was also fun. Breakfast was excellent and the beds were comfortable. Our room was very clean and the whole stay was fun for the family. I recommend staying here to all families.

Wickliffe, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

The place is a wreck and its a shame. If the owners of this property realized that they have a golden opportunity to offer a nice, clean, affordable option for people who go to Cedar Point they could really begin raking it in....of course it seems they are busy enough so why bother.

This is possibly the grubbiest place I have stayed since college two decades ago. It is in SERIOUS need of an upgrade. The rooms are old and run down, and the place smells of must and neglect. The beds are horribly uncomfortable, and I couldn't sleep because I worried that things were crawling on me all night...seriously...gross.

Again, it is a shame, because it has a unique opportunity to capitalize. My family and I enjoy the Thirsty Pony that is attached and the bowling alley, lazer tag, and little water park provide some nice options.....but for what they charge they should be embarassed...if they weren't to busy trying to make money.

Never again

Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Was there 5 days ago with 2 grandkids, ages 8 and 14. The front desk clerk (Kassie) is very friendly and accomodating with an awesome personality. Waterpark portion is small, but adequate and clean as is the outdoor pool. The restaurant food is amazing as is the service and prices are comparable for an amusement park resort area. It's right at the beginning of the causeway to Cedar Point. I will definately stay here everytime I am in Sandusky. One of the best and reasonably priced I have stayed in for a resort area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south end have a view. The north end view is the parking lot.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Rainwater Park? Share your experiences!