“Dirty as can be” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Inn -Sandusky Park N Entrance

Save Saved
You added Howard Johnson Inn -Sandusky Park N Entrance to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Inn -Sandusky Park N Entrance
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1932 Cleveland Rd/I-80/90, Opposite Cedar Point Entrance, Sandusky, OH 44870   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #25 of 34 hotels in Sandusky

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Seriously had I checked in before being at Cedar Point all day I would have found a different hotel. It hadn't been swept and if it had been then I'm really scared. I was so grossed out I check for bedbugs and slept on top of the sheet. Thankful that I had a blanket in my car. It's cheap so if you are looking for something cheap and close to the park and don't mind a very dated, semi dirty hotel then this is the place for you.

• Stayed October 2012
howardjohnsonexpress, Webmaster at Howard Johnson Inn -Sandusky Park N Entrance, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Howard Johnson Inn Sandusky Cedar Point Entrance for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of bedbugs, instructed to look into the matter and see to any needed extermination.

• Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.|

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Howard Johnson Inn Sandusky Cedar Point Entrance. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
Dearborn Heights, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

First off, I have been in the hospitality industry for 7 years as both housekeeping and front desk(including a Wyndham brand hotel) and others. I have worked for both 2+ star hotels & 5 star hotels. It doesn't matter the price you pay for lodging, you are still entitled to a clean room. We chose to save money and try the Howard Johnson hotel on Cleveland Rd by Cedar Point. The room we checked into was older, but what has me upset is the cleanliness. My first instinct is to check the bed. The sheets were not changed between guests (the oldest trick in the book by housekeepers that could care less) indictive of the wrinkles and various body hairs on top of the fitted sheet. Second, the room was not vaccuumed. Before taking a shower, a good amount of hair still remained around the drain in the tub. The remote for the T.V. did not work, but I could have gotten over that, since the buttons on the T.V. were still in operation. Lastly, the dead bolt for the adjoining door was very loose; with the screw hanging out of the mechanics. Cleanliness and disrepair seem to plague this hotel. Let it be noted that I did give this hotel a chance; and did not read any of the reviews until after I had stayed. It seems this hotel has a poor track record for problems. Along with negatives, there are some positives. The towels were plentiful and clean, there was a safe in the room, and the front desk staff were respectable. I was asked if I wanted to move to a new room; but this would most likely presented another room without much improvement. There is a saying. Once a guest finds something wrong with the room, they will scruitinize the rest of the room and find more problems. We did not feel like finding a different hotel at such short notice, as well as packing up our belongings and relocacting to a different room. I asked for clean sheets so I could put them on the bed myself. I informed both the afternoon front desk and the morning front desk of the problems experienced, and neither of them offered a discounted room/money off of the room due to the problems. After working for 5 years as a front desk clerk, it is imparative that you take care of your guests, even if it means giving money back for several problems. This only weakens my opinions about the Howard Johnson brand. I understand that conditions may not always be negative, but upon trips to Cedar Point, I have stayed at the La Quinta down the street, and out of the four times we have stayed there, we stayed in all different kinds of rooms and never found a problem. Take them as a model to strive for.

Room Tip: Before unpacking, check your room first. Ask to be located on the side opposite of the hotel next d...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,

• Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees. They also were instructed to see to it that rooms were properly cleaned before being released as ready for occupancy.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of remote and dead bolt in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to the necessary repairs.

• Front desk were informed about the nice comment you made for the service which they have offered.

Hotel Manager.

Been to Howard Johnson Inn -Sandusky Park N Entrance? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Inn -Sandusky Park N Entrance

Address: 1932 Cleveland Rd/I-80/90, Opposite Cedar Point Entrance, Sandusky, OH 44870
Location: United States > Ohio > Sandusky
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Room Service Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #25 of 34 hotels in Sandusky
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Inn -Sandusky Park N Entrance 2*
Welcome to the Howard Johnson Inn Sandusky Cedar Point Entrance! We are the closest hotel to Cedar Point (opposite of the entrance). We are a hotel that is family friendly with spacious rooms, outdoor pool, free continental breakfast, free WIFI, free parking and much more! Our staff is here to ensure your stay is of satisfactory and that you enjoy our services and room amenities. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Wyndham, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn -Sandusky Park N Entrance reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Express Inn Sandusky Hotel Sandusky
Howard Johnson Sandusky
Howard Johnson Inn -Sandusky Park N Entrance Ohio

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Inn -Sandusky Park N Entrance, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.