“Clean, close to Cedar Point and Cheap” 3 of 5 stars

Days Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   US 6 - 1530 Cleveland Road, Sandusky, OH 44870   |
Ranked #19 of 34 Hotels in Sandusky
Alameda, California
“Clean, close to Cedar Point and Cheap”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

Not much more to say. Our king bed was comfortable, room was clean and it was close to our destination. Breakfast was weak and game room was laughable, but we were only there for one night. It suited our purposes well since we were there to go to Cedar Point. We asked the desk where was good to eat and were referred to a horribly mundane touristy TGIFridays. Blah, on our own we found a great Mexican restaurant on Cleveland Ave. on the same side of the street as TGIF called El Portillo. Nice family-run joint with authentic food, very inexpensive prices and great selection of Mexican beers. Please try this place if you go to Cedar Point! It was wonderful!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Joliet, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

my family and i stayed here on 10-16 09 thru 10-18-09 I was a little worried after seeing some of the other reviews but went ahead anyway. first the person behind the desk was very nice, check in was fast we asked for extra pillows and was told they will be delived later. we stayed in room 247 across from the office the room was large we had me my wife and two teenage girls and there was plenty of room. it was nice to have a sink out side of bathroom and 1 in the bathroom. room was clean. water was hot in shower,pillows were deliverd as promised over all i would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Hocking Hills OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

Friendly professional check-in. Had easy access to our room. Room was nice. TV could be alittle larger. Queens instead of doubles would have also been good,too. Best part was the pool. I liked the trees and landscaping. It was also sparkling clean. Rooms were noisy and too bright for sleeping in, but very clean. Maid on our floor was very friendly and kind. Breakfast was good but could extend alittle later and have maybe two toasters. We went to islands, but this is very close to Cedar Point.Overall it was a great stay!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Kettering, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

Our room was TINY. It seemed smaller than most hotels and for the price, that was a disappointment.

Our room was dirty. There was trash thrown behind the bed table (between the two beds). There was a half a piece of soap on the floor in the bath and there was hair in the shower. The room also smelled like mildew or that perhaps it had been a smoking room at one point. It was nasty.

The game room was fun -- until one of the games ate up $2.50 of my money and those at the front desk said there was nothing they could do because the games are serviced by someone else. Um -- how about give me back my $2.50??? If the games are part of the "amenities" then the hotel should be the ones to at least refund lost money in such (even if they can't fix the games themselves).

The guests at the pool in the evening were loud, drunk and obnoxious. Someone should have been around to "police" the area so that children might have been able to enjoy the pool too ... but I couldn't bring my children there due to those who were being so rowdy, loud and obscene.

The "continental breakfast" was a JOKE. I had read a review that it was fabulous with eggs and such. Well -- that wasn't the case. Cold cereal, bananas, cupcakes??? Oh yeah, I could make toast or instant oatmeal. Wow. Would it be so hard to have muffins, donuts, bagels? Yeah, the eggs would have been nice ... but I could have gotten over that if there was something else that an adult would like! Cupcakes and fruit loops just don't cut it.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Apollo, PA.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

I read all the reviews about this Hotel and found a lot of them to be FALSE! My room was VERY CLEAN. The room was nice, not SMELLY, and the decor was decent. I didn't find any bugs in the room. We stayed in the back of the Hotel in a separate section and I didn't find any of the problems and complaints from the previous reviewers. The swimming pool was clean and very nice to relax by after a day at Cedar Point. The Continental breakfast was just like any other Hotel, small with coffee, cereal, milk, juice, etc. The people who work there were very nice and helpful. Also, I like how close the Hotel was to Cedar Point.

I don't now why there were so many bad reviews, I really found this Hotel a great place to stay and would recommend this place to my family and friends even with kids.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
baltimore, md
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

I was very wary after I read all of the reviews on this hotel, but I must say that it was a great hotel for the price! Clean and very friend staff. We couldn't have asked for much more. In fact we stayed at an econo lodge a few days later that was $20 more per night and it was disgusting! We commented that we would have taken the Sandusky inn and suites over that place! Plus it is incredibly close to cedar point. I would have been irritated if I booked a room somewhere else and found out it was 20 minutes from the park!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

We (me, my husband and 4 children) were put in the motel outside the hotel. Which was dump. The first thing we noticed was the smell. It had a moldy, musty smell and everything felt damp. The first thing that we did was turn on the air conditioner, however, that didn't help much. We did call and complain about the smell and ask for a room in the hotel and we were told that there wasn't anything available in the hotel that would hold all of us, I inquired about a suite and they stated that they would have to charge us for a whole other room. They did offer to come in a spray air freshener but I'm a person with asthma and declined. The website stated that they had a full hot breakfast but only offered small mini muffins, watered down o.j., toast , cereal and coffee. The pool was nice and clean though.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!