“DIRTY” 1 of 5 stars

Days Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   US 6 - 1530 Cleveland Road, Sandusky, OH 44870   |
Ranked #20 of 34 hotels in Sandusky

111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Rochester Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

At check in, we were told that our room did not have a fridge or micro like there website said. I brought the official days inn website on my phone and showed her, but she still denied that it was there website. We needed a fridge for our daughters meds.

As we entered the room, it stunk a really strong deodorizor smell. I called the front desk to ask for another room, but they never picked up the phone. So I walked back down to the front desk, only to find a line of people waiting to check in. At this point we were tired and just wanted to sleep, so we had to bear with it. I did mention it at check out, but the desk clerk just shrugged it off and did not say a word.

The rooms were outdated as well. The tv was a old tube tv with a big purple blotch on the screen when you turned it on.

I would not recommend this hotel, nor will I be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed here in August when traveling with a friend's family. They chose this venue. I would choose elsewhere if returning to this area. The cost was $65/night.

Check-in/Check-out: The front desk receptionist was very friendly. We were there for two nights. The morning of our departure, the staff knocked on my door three times to see if someone was in the room. They knocked at 8:30 am, 9:00 am, and once again before 10:00 am. Check-out was not until 11 am.

Room/Bathroom: The bathroom was simple but immaculate; I was pleased with that. Regretfully, the room was beyond musty. If you choose to stay here, pack Lysol and an odor eliminating candle. When I entered the room, the air conditioning was on full blast which should have been my first hint.

Free Breakfast: The children in the group loved the breakfast of powdered donuts, packets of flavored oatmeal, waffles, and juice. The adults were not so impressed. BUT for only $65/night, it was a courtesy for the Days Inn to provide anything.

Fitness: There's no fitness center, but the hotel is on a main street that made it easy to run outdoors.

Location: It took a blink of an eye to reach Cedar Point, Soak City, and the African Safari from the Days Inn.

Room Tip: The king rooms have outdoor access (motel-like) while the double rooms are enclosed with a hallway.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sarnia, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel was not only disgusting, it was a joke! First off, we requested a non smoking room (and booked our rooms over a month in advance) but when we arrived at check in time, they only had smoking rooms available.

The rooms smelt terrible. In every corner of the room there were spider webs full of bugs, and on our wall it looked like someone has squished an ear wig - and didn't clean it up!

Our sheets had stains on them, the pillows were rock hard, the bathroom door had a hole that looked like someone punched it, and our blow dryer didn't work.

The free breakfast was a joke; there was no order to it. Families would be standing there taking all of the food, and using the waffle maker for +10 minutes... they were even putting food in their purses and pockets!

We spoke to the manager about our problems and all he said was "thank-you" and walked away.

TERRIBLE experience at the Days Inn.. we paid $99 and even that was WAY too much. Do not choose this hotel because it is close to Cedar Point, that's what we did and we regret it!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hagerstown Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I loved this little hotel. We were visiting Sandusky to go to Cedar Point. It was comfortable, quiet, clean and the hotel staff was very courteous.

We decided to take a break at Cedar Point because of the heat and it was so nice to come back to the pool at the hotel. The courtyard was also very cute and quaint. Breakfast was nice too.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, it was an excellent value for the money.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

The staff was wonderful, the rooms looked very nice and they were high quality, This was more than I expected, the bathroom was clean and had a nice shower. The lobby looked so cool and nice, we stayed there 2 nights, if we go to Cedar Point again, we will stay here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

First of all I'm an assistant manager at a Days Inn in Pittsburgh.  I know first hand people will always take the time to write bad reviews before they will write a good one so I give the location the benefit of the doubt.  Unfortunately, my experience at the Sandusky Days Inn has left me writing this review.  I walked into the lobby and was amazed.  The lobby was very clean and nothing like the bad reviews I read.  When I went to the room however,  I found bed bugs.  I caught one and brought it up front and showed the clerk.  She said "she didn't think it was anything serious like bed bugs would you like to change rooms?  I thankfully declined and wished to cancel.  I spoke with the owner to get a written agreement on my folio stating my card would not be charged, because on the registration card it states "you will be charged if you check out early from your original departure." he refused. The clerk said  " I could alter what is written on the folio after I leave." I told them to make a copy of it then so you have it as well.  Still declined to sign.  If it wasn't for the super 8 down the street I would be canceling the rest of my trip to cedar point and going home.   To the owner of this Days Inn all I wanted from you was peace of mind, and this review could of been avoided.  I even discreetly told you about your bug problem with guests in your lobby so you could handle it.  Not only did you offer terrible customer service to a fellow Days Inn employee I was accused of malicious intent after the fact.  To the possible guest reading this.. Not conviced yet?  Watch the video I uploaded showing the bed bug I found in room 239.   I hope you find this review helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!