“Dirty, dirty and more dirty!!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #21 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Sarnia, Canada
“Dirty, dirty and more dirty!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel was not only disgusting, it was a joke! First off, we requested a non smoking room (and booked our rooms over a month in advance) but when we arrived at check in time, they only had smoking rooms available.

The rooms smelt terrible. In every corner of the room there were spider webs full of bugs, and on our wall it looked like someone has squished an ear wig - and didn't clean it up!

Our sheets had stains on them, the pillows were rock hard, the bathroom door had a hole that looked like someone punched it, and our blow dryer didn't work.

The free breakfast was a joke; there was no order to it. Families would be standing there taking all of the food, and using the waffle maker for +10 minutes... they were even putting food in their purses and pockets!

We spoke to the manager about our problems and all he said was "thank-you" and walked away.

TERRIBLE experience at the Days Inn.. we paid $99 and even that was WAY too much. Do not choose this hotel because it is close to Cedar Point, that's what we did and we regret it!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Emma B

Hagerstown Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I loved this little hotel. We were visiting Sandusky to go to Cedar Point. It was comfortable, quiet, clean and the hotel staff was very courteous.

We decided to take a break at Cedar Point because of the heat and it was so nice to come back to the pool at the hotel. The courtyard was also very cute and quaint. Breakfast was nice too.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, it was an excellent value for the money.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

The staff was wonderful, the rooms looked very nice and they were high quality, This was more than I expected, the bathroom was clean and had a nice shower. The lobby looked so cool and nice, we stayed there 2 nights, if we go to Cedar Point again, we will stay here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

First of all I'm an assistant manager at a Days Inn in Pittsburgh.  I know first hand people will always take the time to write bad reviews before they will write a good one so I give the location the benefit of the doubt.  Unfortunately, my experience at the Sandusky Days Inn has left me writing this review.  I walked into the lobby and was amazed.  The lobby was very clean and nothing like the bad reviews I read.  When I went to the room however,  I found bed bugs.  I caught one and brought it up front and showed the clerk.  She said "she didn't think it was anything serious like bed bugs would you like to change rooms?  I thankfully declined and wished to cancel.  I spoke with the owner to get a written agreement on my folio stating my card would not be charged, because on the registration card it states "you will be charged if you check out early from your original departure." he refused. The clerk said  " I could alter what is written on the folio after I leave." I told them to make a copy of it then so you have it as well.  Still declined to sign.  If it wasn't for the super 8 down the street I would be canceling the rest of my trip to cedar point and going home.   To the owner of this Days Inn all I wanted from you was peace of mind, and this review could of been avoided.  I even discreetly told you about your bug problem with guests in your lobby so you could handle it.  Not only did you offer terrible customer service to a fellow Days Inn employee I was accused of malicious intent after the fact.  To the possible guest reading this.. Not conviced yet?  Watch the video I uploaded showing the bed bug I found in room 239.   I hope you find this review helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
11 Thank Tom K

Travelers are raving about these Sandusky hotels

Springfield, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I don't always have high expectations for a Days Inn hotel. Some of the worst hotels I've stayed have been at a Days Inn. This one changed my perception a bit. The person at check in was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and everything inside the room was functional. And having a room that overlooked the courtyard and pool was nice. The downsides were that there is no elevator service. I had trouble connecting to the internet although I had the access code. And the worst part that actually angered me that in the middle of the day when I was taking a nap and had a Do Not Disturb sign hanging on my door, housekeeping ignored it and tried to enter my room anyway.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Tim S
Anna, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My wife and I spent the week-end in Sandusky at the Days Inn & Suites. We tried hot-wire and this is the place we stayed.
Good Things - Rooms were very clean, AC worked well, the Bathroom was small but well maintained. The carpet clean and the beds comfortable. Unfortunately doubles so we both had our own bed. The lobby was beautiful and grounds well maintained. The pool was average - only one table had umbrella and not too much shade around the pool.
Continental Breakfast - donets, muffins, waffles,cereal, bananas, juice, coffe and yogurt.
USA today was available but in limited supply. Staff tried to be helpful as much as possible. Hotel is within walking distance of some good bar/restaurants. Room we stayed in was very quiet.

Bad - Wireless didn't work on Friday Night or Sunday Morning but did work on Saturday. Unfortunately the Staff didn't know how to fix the wireless only reset.
Continental Breakfast was from 6 am to 9:00am on week-ends. We tried to eat at 9:05 am Sunday and the Breakfast Czar said we weren't in the breakfast area. by 9:00 so we couldn't get in. We tried using their Business Computer for facebook game and it was useless.

Room Tip: If possible stay in the area where Reception is or next to it.